George Maxon would betray his country by joining the Nazi Party. Adolf Hitler would offer Maxon a position as minister of all American industry upon a successful take over of the country by Nazis. Posing as the Red Skull he would sabotage the very planes he sold to the U.S. Military while also attempting to assassinate key member of the U.S. Military. He would become known for having a "touch of death" which was in reality a hypodermic needle filled with a lethal poison. Using the disbelief in his existence as the Red Skull, Maxon's murders would attract the attention of Captain America and Bucky after, as the Skull, Maxon would murder Major Croy.
After Maxon would succeed in murdering General Manor, Captain America and Bucky would catch up with him. In the ensuing clash, Maxon would roll over onto his own needle of poison and seemingly kill himself. Captain America and Bucky would leave Maxon to be found by the FBI with proof of his traitorous activities.
Maxon would survive and escape capture, Maxon would continue to operate as the Red Skull. Developing a new touch of death (utilizing a lethal jolt of electricity) he would begin targeting military officials again. First he would slay Major Douglas, stealing his plans for a power drill. Using the plans to construct the power drill, Maxon would launch an attack on New York City. Seeking out Captain America and Bucky, Maxon would instead capture impostors attempting to cash in on the heroes popularities at a carnival and hang them. Believing his enemies to be dead, Maxon would be caught off guard when the real Captain America and Bucky would arrive. Attempting to escape in his power drill the Red Skull would toss a bomb at the two heroes. Cap would redirect the bomb back at the power drill, destroying it in a powerful explosion and seemingly killing Maxon in the process.
Maxon wore a red skull mask
Maxon had his own power drill, a train like device that could bore through the Earth at high speeds.
Maxon originally used a hypodermic needle filled with lethal poison to facilitate his "touch of death", however he later built a means of fatally shocking his enemies through his costume. He occasionally used guns and bombs.
- George Maxon appeared as the Red Skull also in the fictional comic book Young Allies #1; the real events of this issue had been shown in Young Allies Comics 70th Anniversary Special #1, where the Young Allies fought the original Red Skull (a.k.a. Johann Schmidt); when those events were adapted into the fictional story of Young Allies #1, since Maxon was already deceased and everyone in the United States, after the events of Captain America Comics #1 and #3, knew that he was the one and the only Red Skull, Timely Comics possibly decided to draw the Skull's apparence identical to George Maxon even without knowing the Skull's real identity.
- In the re-telling of the events of Captain America Comics #1 in Tales of Suspense #65, Maxon's real name is mistakenly changed from George to John.
George Maxon's Red Skull is the prototype to Alexandor Luther's Green Skull--both being businessmen and American traitors working with the Nazis.
- 6 Appearances of George Maxon (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of George Maxon (Earth-616)
- Media George Maxon (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring George Maxon (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about George Maxon (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: George Maxon (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|