The old Hulkbusters Headquarters. Originally a New Mexico base dedicated to Hulk's capture and named Project Greenskin Base, also could hold other gamma-powered superhumans. The base laster relocated to Nevada, and was acquired by Operation: Zero Tolerance.
General "Thunderbolt" Ross was the orginal founder and leader of the "Project Greenskin". The base was re-named Hulkbuster Base and Ross was eventually replaced by Colonel John J. Armbruster. Months later Armbruster perished in the line of duty, Hulkbuster base was given direction by SHIELD and Clay Quartermain was assigned as liason. Shortly thereafter Hulk Buster Base was re-named Gamma Base.
Gamma Base became Ross' headquarters once more as the Red Hulk when he was recruited by Steve Rogers, who had replaced Norman Osborn. Gamma Base was staffed entirely by Life Model Decoys. One in particular, Annie, became very close to Ross.
- Initially the base was known as Project Greenskin, later known as Hulkbuster Base. Its named changed to Gamma Base in Incredible Hulk #198. Soldiers on the base wore special shoulder patches indicating that they were Hulk Busters.
- The New Mexico Base has sometimes been referred to as Hulk Buster Base #1 perhaps indicating that their are other Hulk Buster bases in operation in other locales.
- Used by Bastion and Operation: Zero Tolerance.
- Appearances of Gamma Base
- Minor Appearances of Gamma Base
- Media Gamma Base was Mentioned in
- Location Gallery: Gamma Base
- Images related to Gamma Base
- Marvel Staff members who were born in Gamma Base