Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A World-Devourer, Galactus sent his herald Terrax to Earth to prepare it. On their way to Earth, Terrax and Galactus came across a Skrull scoutship which Terrax destroyed, this caused the Skrulls to flee from the Earth they conquered a century ago. After Terrax was killed by the Earth's heroes, Galactus arrived and Earth's superheroes watched in awe as he started to assemble his machinery that he wanted to use to consume their planet. To keep his machine and himself out of harm, Galactus set up an impenetrable forcefield. During the attack, the Captain and a group of other heroes had found a hole below the forcefield and snuck in an attempt to battle Galactus, yet they are no match. Annoyed by them trying to damage his machine, Galactus disposes of the entire group with one look, much to the horror of the observers in the command central.
Next up is an attack of Harvey Elder and his subterain creatures. It took them long hours, but they brought a giant bomb underneath Galactus' spot. As Harvey causes it to explode, the ground beneath Galactus and his machine gives in and falls into a crater. With the forcefield down, and Galactus climbing out of the crater, Blink gives the order to attack. Led by the Exiles, Earth's heroes closed in.
The Thing, Colossus, and the Banner Beast combined their strength, while Sunfire, Johnny Storm and Ororo Munroe attack from the air. Usually Galactus' herald would deal with such attacks, but the master proves that he can deal with it too, and the heroes are sent flying. Havok, Cyclops and Mimic use their long-range energy blasts to fire Galactus in the back, and the Skrull technology fires another beam, making Galactus tumble and fall. At that moment the heroes decided it was time to use the device from the Skrull's weapons arsenal, an antimatter bomb. The Banner Beast wanted to explode it next to Galactus, but before he could even get near him, he was knocked out by a wave of Galactus' hand.
Thunderbird witnessed and instantly know that it was up to him, as other strong heroes like the Thing, Colossus or the Abomination were too far away, and the chance to injure Galactus while he was weak would be gone. He grabbed the bomb and transformed into full battle mode. As he jumped onto the World Devourer he thought of his father, his brother and his entire race. Thunderbird punched a hole into the the mighty foe's armour and placed the bomb inside. His last thought was of Talia as the device went off. The anti-matter triggered a chain reaction and energy within Galactus and he himself is consumed. Being felt with a new level agony Galactus never endured before and realized that there are other worlds in the universe that he could consume with less trouble, Galactus then immediately teleported away. Earth's heroes approached the battle site and found Thunderbird in a state of either being brain dead or in a coma.
Galactus possesses the immeasurable Power Cosmic and is one of the most powerful beings in the universe; he has even been referred to as "the most powerful creature in the universe." As such, Galactus is able to employ the limitless cosmic energy within him to produce virtually any effect he desires. Some of the abilities he has displayed are:
- Size-Alteration: ability to alter the physical size of persons or objects.
- Molecular Restructuring: ability to physically alter persons or objects through the manipulation of their comprising molecules.
- Matter Transmutation: ability to directly convert one form of matter into another form of matter. e.g. turning lead into gold.
- Cosmic Teleportation: ability to teleport beings and objects—even entire galaxies—across space and time.
- Cosmic Force-Fields: ability to erect virtually impenetrable energy fields.
- Cosmic Energy Projection: ability to project energy with incalculable force.
- Interdimensional & Intradimensional Portals: ability to create wormholes between dimensions and within dimensions.
- Cosmic Telepathy: ability to read or communicate with other minds across universal distances.
- Cosmic Telekinesis: ability to move virtually unlimited amounts of mass through mental concentration.
- Cosmic Awareness: ability to sense disturbances or changes within the cosmic ether on a universal scale.
- Resurrection: ability to raise the dead.
- Creation: ability to create complex, sentient, biological life-forms from nothing.
- Soul Manipulation: ability to manipulate the souls of living beings.
- Recreation: ability to remake dead worlds, including populations, in every detail.
- Power Bestowal: Galactus' heralds, whom he has endowed with a minuscule fraction of his cosmic power, are able to manipulate matter and energy in ways far beyond human comprehension.
- Vitakinesis: Galactus is able to heal himself and others from all physical wounds although this may simply be molecular reconstruction.
Galactus, as the oldest known living entity in the universe, arguably possesses the universe's most advanced intellect. Reed Richards has admitted an inability to fully comprehend even the most rudimentary devices found within Galactus' Worldship Taa II. The Worldship itself is a solar system-sized construct that is said to surpass any natural world in beauty and splendor and yet within it's computers is contained knowledge so unfathomable and far reaching it can grant awesome power to those who come into contact with it.
Incalculable, when sated Galactus possesses a level of strength beyond the human ability to measure of quantify. Additionally, Galactus can use the Power Cosmic to further enhance his strength to virtually infinite levels.
Cosmic Hunger: Galactus requires unknown energies obtainable only from a certain type of planets in order to sustain his life. The suitable type of planet need not to be one where life is present, but it must have the potential to support life. When recently sated Galactus is effectively omnipotent; however, the longer he goes without feeding the more his strength, power, and cosmic awareness wane. Indeed, just one month after consuming a suitable planet his power will have already been reduced exponentially, although in such a hungered state his powers are still far beyond mortal comprehension. In recent times Galactus has been known to go without feeding for several months at a time bringing him to the brink of death and reducing his power to such a degree he actually becomes susceptible to direct attacks from superhuman teams.
Galactus often employs his Elemental Converter when devouring planets to help him in the conversion of matter into energy. Although he does not require this device to devour planets and will forego its use in certain scenarios, it makes the conversion of energies more efficient. Galactus also wears a full-body suit of armor constructed from an unknown material of his own design that helps him to regulate and control his personal energy. If he were to remove the armor for an extended period, his vast cosmic energies could run rampant and potentially give him the appearance of a star.
- 3 Appearances of Galactus (Earth-5692)
- Media Galactus (Earth-5692) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Galactus (Earth-5692)
- Quotations by or about Galactus (Earth-5692)
- Character Gallery: Galactus (Earth-5692)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|