In this reality Gabriel was thrown into the M'Kraan Crystal instead of Professor Xavier. He drifted into the White Hot Room where he encountered several Phoenix Avatars, among them a Quentin Quire. Quire said that due to his rage and hate Gabriel would never be worthy of the Phoenix Force but instead Gabriel killed him and all the other avatars and became the Phoenix. He burst out from the crystal and absorbed the Phoenix power from Rachel and Korvus and proceeded to kill everyone present with the exception of Rachel and Alex who managed to flee.
Gabriel proceeds to consume 6 more galaxies before killing Annihilus and his Annihilation Wave and consumes the Kree home galaxy as well before setting a course for Earth. Meanwhile Rachel and Alex arrived on Earth and Rachel gathers the members of the Summers family; herself, Scott, Alex and Cable. They journey out in space where they find Krakoa in order to face Gabriel. Gabriel tries to kill them but is unable to and is finally calmed down by Rachel who tells him that the Phoenix reacts poorly to negative emotions and that he's about to be consumed along with all of reality. Gabriel, finally having the family he always dreamed of sacrifices himself but wakes up in the White Hot Room embraced by the Phoenix/Jean Grey who promises to help him.
Vulcan is a mutant who displayed the following abilities:
Energy Absorption: Vulcan could absorb any type of energy and channel that energy through his blasts. It is not yet known if Vulcan could absorb energy for various effects i.e. increase strength. His energy absorption ability and his ability to wield energy, although potentially infinite, had their limits. (For example, his brother Havok was capable of easily overpowering him with his raw power and had him at his mercy after Vulcan threw him into a Sun.)
Energy Manipulation: Ability to psionically tap and manipulate an unknown form of energy for various effects. His ability to wield energy seemed to be infinite. Vulcan can project radiation along the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Variable Energy Blasts: Vulcan could generate light, heat, force, and electricity or really any form of energy in the form of powerful blasts. He generated these blasts from his hands as well as his eyes.
- Flight: Vulcan was able to fly and levitate using his powers. He was capable of interstellar flight (adding more energy to become increasingly fast, presumably sub-light or light speed).
- Solid Energy Constructs/Simulated Telekinesis: Vulcan could solidify his energy into force-fields and other shapes. The effect of his energy constructs could be used to simulate a form of telekinesis by lifting and moving objects.
- Power Suppression: Vulcan could apparently use his powers to override those of another person's mutagenic aura, making them temporarily unable to use them. It is unknown if this was limited to only other energy-manipulators.
- Energy Detection: Capable of detecting energy signatures from great distances. This included other mutants with energy powers and ships that use energy as a power supply.
- Energy Self-Sustenance: He also appeared capable of breathing in space. Though this ability seemed to be limited, as if he didn't rest or find power other then his own, his reserve will leave him seemingly depleted until he did. Also shown capable of regenerating from seemingly mortal injuries by manipulating the energy his body is composed of.
Power Siphoning: Vulcan demonstrated the ability to siphon his opponents' powers. This was shown in the X-Men Deadly Genesis series when Vulcan siphoned Marvel Girl's power of displaying events of the past through telepathic means. It is not known whether Vulcan permanently kept these powers or not.
Psionic Resistance: Vulcan has proven highly resistant to attacks psionic in nature. The only such attack to be successful was performed by Rachel Summers after he had already lowered his defense in order to show the X-Men his memories of Krakoa.
Phoenix Force: Vulcan was one of five avatars of the Phoenix Force which granted him the great powers of the Phoenix. So far Vulcan has only displayed Interstellar travel but as an avatar he should presumably possess the following abilities as well:
- Interstellar Travel: A Phoenix Force avatar can fly unaided through the vacuum of space, and can travel interstellar distances faster than the speed of light.
- Cosmic Pyrokinesis: An Avatar of the Phoenix can create 'cosmic' flames under any conditions even the impossible ones such as vacuum space or underwater. These flames do not require oxygen to burn, and burn so intensely that matter is consumed without by-products such as ash. It has perfect control over these flames, and they only consume what it wills. These flames can destroy universes and create universes as well.
- Resurrection: As the embodiment of all life and death itself, the Phoenix Force can resurrect whomever it desires into pure living flesh, bone, and blood.
- Immortality: The Avatar of the Phoenix does not age and can be resurrected by the Phoenix Force.
- Temporal Manipulation: An Avatar acting as the Phoenix Force can manipulate time itself for traveling time or stopping time on multiversal scales.
- Psionic Nexus The Phoenix Force is the nexus of all psisonic energy. It has all psionic powers.
- Matter Transmution An Avatar of the Phoenix can control and manipulate matter at a molecular scale.
- 1 Appearances of Gabriel Summers (Earth-8020)
- Media Gabriel Summers (Earth-8020) was Mentioned in
- 4 Images featuring Gabriel Summers (Earth-8020)
- Quotations by or about Gabriel Summers (Earth-8020)
- Character Gallery: Gabriel Summers (Earth-8020)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|