Frederick Foswell was a reporter for the Daily Bugle and secretly led a criminal life as the crime boss Big Man.
He also employed the Enforcers as his muscle. He was eventually caught and had his crime spree put to a halt after having been defeated by Spider-Man, but after serving some time he seemingly reformed and got his job back at the Bugle.
Patch and Death
During his second stint at the Bugle he assumed another secret identity, Patch, as an underworld informant. In this guise he secretly followed Peter Parker to see how he got exclusive photos of Spider-Man. He almost found out the secret identity of Spider-Man but was put off the trail when Spider-Man as Parker set up a Spider-Man dummy to swing away while Patch was watching. Although it seemed as if he had reformed, he secretly wanted to take over the criminal underworld from the Kingpin. He became the Kingpin's second lieutenant, but when J. Jonah Jameson's life was threatened he took a bullet and died saving Jameson's life. 
Dead No More
He wore costumes and masks when he was the Big Man and Patch.
- His Daughter Janice became the second Big Man.
- 115 Appearances of Frederick Foswell (Earth-616)
- 3 Minor Appearances of Frederick Foswell (Earth-616)
- Media Frederick Foswell (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 13 Images featuring Frederick Foswell (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Frederick Foswell (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Frederick Foswell (Earth-616)
- Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #16
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|