- Look at me! What do you see?! Not a man you could love -- but instead, some hideous -- at best pitiful -- monster!
Appearing in "The Monster Walks Among Us!"Edit
- Lenore's Father
- Unnamed village
- Silver sword
- The Monster's Raft
- Lenore's Raft
Synopsis for "The Monster Walks Among Us!"Edit
The Frankenstein Monster sails upon a small wooden raft through the countryside of Scandinavia. As he nears a hamlet, he finds a woman tied to a burning raft, left to die. The Monster rescues the woman and brings her to shore. Secreting her away from the villagers, he asks how she came to be in her present condition. The woman, Lenore, tells him that the people of the village are possessed by a black demon and only she is immune to the demon's powers.
The Monster brings Lenore to the cottage of her father, but the aging warrior attacks them in an effort to kill his only child. The Monster lashes out and grapples with the old man, ultimately killing him.
He takes Lenore and retreats into the forests, safe from the attention of the mad villagers. Before long however, he discovers that Lenore had lied to him. The villagers are attempting to destroy her because she is in fact, a werewolf. As the moon rises overhead, Lenore transforms into her werewolf form and the two begin fighting. The Monster manages to find her father's silver-tipped sword and drives it through the creature's chest, destroying her. The Frankenstein Monster leaves the village behind, lonelier than ever.
- This issue is reprinted in the Essential Frankenstein, Volume 1 trade paperback.
- This is the final issue of the series under the title, The Monster of Frankenstein. Beginning with Frankenstein #6, the title switches to The Frankenstein Monster.
- The splash page for this issue features lyrics from the song, Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival.
- The title to this story, The Monster Walks Among Us, is actually a reference to the 1956 Universal Pictures movie, The Creature Walks Among Us. The Creature Walks Among Us is the third film in the Creature from the Black Lagoon trilogy.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|