Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
During her childhood, she was abused by her mother for being overweight, driving her to drugs and leading to her later fixation on becoming a mother herself. 
During Carnage's violent escape from the Ravencroft Institute, he came across Shriek, who was also incarcerated and wished to join him. He freed her, and the pair embarked on a killing spree. They attracted the company of several other homicidal super-villains (Demogoblin, Doppelganger, and Carrion), and formed a "family," with Carnage and Shriek as the "parents" and the others as their "sons". Shriek also used her mental powers to increase the chaos by causing a number of New Yorkers to violently turn on one another, although the heroes were able to calm the people down before they did anything too serious, such as killing their own children. The killers fought a number of heroes, led by Spider-Man, but succumbed to in-fighting. Carnage slew the Doppelganger and left the others to their defeat and capture, although he was subsequently contained by the Avengers after a clash with Spider-Man, Venom and Black Cat.
Shriek was returned to Ravencroft Institute, and attempted to escape twice. Once, alongside the vigilante Mayhem and a handful of other inmates, she was defeated by Spider-Man and John Jameson before they managed to escape. The second time, she and Carrion escaped and tried to become a family. In the end, she absorbed the Carrion virus into herself to release her "son" from his suffering. She was returned to Ravencroft, where the virus was taken from her by the Jackal.
After not being seen for a long time, she turned up in a background scene at the Bar with No Name. At the Bar with No Name several super-villains were betting on what was in a chrysalis recently formed. This chrysalis happened to be a homeless man nicknamed Freak after he had visited Doctor Curtis Connors laboratory and injected himself with one of Connor's experiments.
Carnage vs. Deadpool
She reunited Carnage and was forced to save him from Deadpool in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It was during a car chase in which they crashed injuring Shriek. Enraged by this, Carnage attacked, throwing Deadpool a great distance. Carnage took Shriek to recover at the Mercury Team base. Deadpool's craziness made him question his own sanity. They broke into a psychiatric hospital, where they forced the patients and staff to answer questions on Nihilism. Deadpool using a symbiote, he used his new shapeshifting abilities to attack Shriek. After a skirmish with Carnage, Deadpool captures Shriek, uses his symbiotes to disguise her as himself, and tricked Carnage into attacking her, this caused Carnage to suffer a mental breakdown. He willingly handed himself over to the authorities.
She recovered and joined the Sinister Sixteen created by Boomerang. After their defeat they were abandoned by Boomerang, they plotted their revenge at the Bar with No Name. They were however easily defeated by the Boomerang's new allies; Speed Demon, Beetle and Overdrive.
|Power Grid |
- Sonic Beam: Shriek can generate sound waves, that she can utilize in the form of blasts, with which she can fly and damage her enemies. These sound waves can propagate in the dimension of Cloak, causing it great damage.
- Dark Empathy: She can bring to light the dark side in people. During Maximum Carnage, she used this power to cause the city to go mad, causing, for example, that a woman would like to kill her children, or a man raping a girl, and acts of anger, vandalism, and general mayhem. Her left-eye shines with she uses this power.
- Telekinesis: She is capable of psionically levitating objects and people.
She is vulnerable to mental assaults by psychics.
She is propelled by the air directing their sonic bolts to the ground.
- She likes heavy metal.
- Her diamond mark may be a parody of the Czarnian alien race from DC Comics, of which Lobo is a member.
- 53 Appearances of Frances Barrison (Earth-616)
- Media Frances Barrison (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 16 Images featuring Frances Barrison (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Frances Barrison (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Frances Barrison (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Marvel Fact Files #18; Symbiotes' entry, Scorn's part
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man #391
- ↑ Web of Spider-Man #101
- ↑ Maximum Carnage crossover.
- ↑ Web of Spider-Man Annual #10
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man #390-393
- ↑ The Spectacular Spider-Man #223
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man #552
- ↑ Fearless Defenders #6-12
- ↑ Deadpool vs. Carnage #1-4
- ↑ The Superior Foes of Spider-Man #12
- ↑ The Superior Foes of Spider-Man #15
- ↑ Spider-Woman Vol 6 #1
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z hardcover Vol. 10
|Like this? Let us know!|