- It's Stark.
- -- Jim Rhodes
Appearing in "Welcome to Nowhere"Edit
- Force Works (Flashback and main story)
- Fisher Todd (Flashback and main story)
- Amanda Chaney
- Rachel Carpenter
- War Machine (Jim Rhodes)
- Kang the Conqueror (Nathaniel Richards) (Mentioned)
- Homer (Mentioned)
- Stark Enterprises (Mentioned)
- Timely Industries (Mentioned)
- "Priests of Pama" (Mentioned)
- Kim (Vietnamese mutate)
Synopsis for "Welcome to Nowhere"Edit
Force Works (Moonraker, Scarlet Witch, and Spider-Woman) and their pilot Fisher Todd land in "Vietnam". They attract the attention of Apocryphus. The team locates the Temple of Agaphaur, a holy place of the "Priests of Pama". There Moonraker recalls his past life as Gustav Brandt. Apocryphus and his soldiers attack them. They have the upper hand until Moonraker sees them about to hurt his lover Spider-Woman. He attacks Apocryphus and knocks him out. Apocryphus' soldiers run away, leaving Force Works victorious. Meanwhile, Fisher has an encounter with the mutated Kim.
At the Works, Rachel Carpenter speaks to Cybermancer and Amanda Chaney. She reveals that, unlike them, she remembers the existence of Vietnam. She is shocked that all evidence of its existence are now gone. Amanda later wonders about Moonraker's past with the team and wants to investigate. She uses PLATO to search for anything unusual in the building and she discovers a sub-basement filled with high-level temporal radiation. She heads down there and is greeted by Virgil, the sub-basement's counterpart to PLATO.
At the Mesa Viento Airstrip, Black Widow arrives and meets Hawkeye, US Agent, and War Machine. They talk about Iron Man tampering with the evidence to frame Hawkeye for murder. Somewhere else, Iron Man asks his unseen masters to deploy a sanction team to take out Black Widow and her allies, before they have a chance to uncover evidence for his crimes.
- Kim appeared last Issue before Vietnam disappeared
- Moonraker revealed to be Gustav Brandt (Earth-616); this was later retconned in Avengers: Forever
- The Crossing continues in War Machine #21
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|