Flushing Meadows–Corona Park is located in the heart of Queens and is most famously known for being the site of the 1939 and 1964 World's Fairs. A number of early stories, set during the Modern Age of Heroes, placed events as happening during the 1964 World's Fair; however, per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616 these should be considered topical references relative to the original publication dates of these stories.
The Human Torch and The Thing took their girlfriends, Doris Evans and Alicia Masters, on a date to Flushing Meadows Park. The scene was attacked by the Beetle, whom the two heroes brought to justice.
Marvel Cinematic Universe (Earth-199999)
The Stark Expo hosted by Howard Stark was first held in Flushing Meadows in 1943. Over the years, Howard returned to Flushing Meadows to hold new expos in 1954, 1964, and 1974 as a place for the world's best and brightest to showcase new technologies.
Points of Interest
- Appearances of Flushing Meadows–Corona Park
- Minor Appearances of Flushing Meadows–Corona Park
- Media Flushing Meadows–Corona Park was Mentioned in
- Location Gallery: Flushing Meadows–Corona Park
- Images related to Flushing Meadows–Corona Park