The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), is the domestic intelligence and security service of the United States of America. Based out of Washington, D.C. it is the countries principal federal law enforcement agency.
When a Nazi U-Boat learned of a troop ship leaving New York Harbor they sank the vessel. The FBI suspected they had a Nazi spy in their midst and wonder how the spy is able to smuggle information out of a secured office. Hoover called the Angel to assist in ferreting out the spy. He does and Hoover thanked him for his assistance.
In 1958, the Agents of Atlas rushed to save Kit Sekum, but the Air Force didn't get the message in time and the plane was destroyed. J. Edgar Hoover took a personal interest in the case, sending the two canisters with Captain America and Bucky in them back to the archives and confiscating the red triangles. When Agent Jimmy Woo asked if Hoover trusts them, Hoover decided that their team has outlived its usefulness. Department Zero is no more.
Death of Hoover
Hoover remained director until his death in 1972.
The FBI were investigating a string of robberies of entire towns that left its residents like statues. They eventually discovered that this was due to the Ringmaster and his Circus of Crime and arrested the group just after there run in with the Hulk.
- Based on an existing real-world law-enforcement agency.
- 59 Federal Bureau of Investigation (Earth-616) Members
- 200 Appearances of Federal Bureau of Investigation (Earth-616)
- 2 Minor Appearances of Federal Bureau of Investigation (Earth-616)
- 116 Media Federal Bureau of Investigation (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 5 Images that include Federal Bureau of Investigation (Earth-616)
- Team Gallery: Federal Bureau of Investigation (Earth-616)