Appearing in "It Came Out of the Sky!"Edit
- Wundarr (First appearance)
- F. A. Schist (Mentioned)
- United States of America
- Dakkam (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "It Came Out of the Sky!"Edit
The Man-Thing stumbles across an alien ship that has crashed in the swamp. Inside is Wundarr, an alien from another planet which was doomed to explode. Wundarr's parents, wanting their son to survive sent him into space in a rocket, hoping their boy would find a new home. That home turned out to be Earth, but when Wundarr crash landed, he was not found for many years and grew to adulthood without any sort of education.
Freed by the Man-Thing, the now infantile adult of Wundarr begins to explore this strange new world, and his super-human abilities. Wundarr's curiosity and inability to understand his own actions prompts the Man-Thing to believe he is being attacked, and the two end up in a battle which takes them into the town of Citrusville, where the two combat each other. Eventually the Man-Thing grows weary of the fight and just walks away. A panicked Wundarr tries to seek comfort from the Man-Thing, however the muck-monster rejects Wundarr and slaps him in the face before turning away to return to the swamp. Upset at behind abandoned, Wundarr bounds away from Citrusville to points unknown.
- Cover art: pencils and inks by Brunner, colours by Wein.
- First appearance of Wundarr. He will later become known as the Aquarian.
- No trivia.
- Adventure into Fear
- Man-Thing (Volume 1)
- Man-Thing (Volume 2)
- Man-Thing (Volume 3)
- Man-Thing (Volume 4)
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Adventure into Fear article at Wikipedia
- Adventure into Fear series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Adventure into Fear series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Man-Thing profile at Wikipedia
- Man-Thing profile at the Marvel Directory
- Man-Thing profile at Toonopedia
- Man-Thing movie entry at the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)
|Like this? Let us know!|