Appearing in "The Thing -- Enslaved!"Edit
- Fantastic Four
Synopsis for "The Thing -- Enslaved!"Edit
On the planet Kral, a world whose culture is a mirror of the legendary 1930's. Mobster Machine Gun Martin who was captured and brought to the planet is the cause. Boss Barker makes a bet with his opponent Lippy Louie that his acquisition of the Thing will be able to defeat his best fighter, the Mekkan known as Torgo.
While the FF on Earth begin searching for their friend Ben, Ben himself is delivered into slavery at the hands of Boss Barker. Along the way Ben learns that the Skrulls of this planet adopted 1930's humanoid forms, inspired by Martin, and captured beings from other worlds to fight in their gladiator pits. After a few failed escape attempts, Ben is informed that he will have to fight Torgo. When meeting Torgo, Thing learns that the justification of the Mekkan's life will be the death of the Thing.
While back on Earth, Reed's deductions as to what happened to Ben, brings him to the conclusion that he was likely kidnapped by the Skrulls.
- Machine Gun Martin later went on to have a feature article in the 1939 Daily Bugle. His first name was revealed in that story.
- The Skrulls of Kral IV are not the only Skrulls who co-opted Earth culture for their own ends. In Fantastic Four #174 a group of Skrulls were found that co-opted Earth culture from the 6th Century for entertainment purposes. Black Panther Vol 4 #32-34 showed that some of the Skrulls of Kral IV later took on the culture of the Civil Rights Movement of the 50s & 60s. Wisdom #1-6 showed that a group of Skrulls embraced the 60s British Pop music explosion.
- Fantastic Four #173 identifies that Torgo's is a member of the Mekkan race and that his home world is the planet Mekka.
- Taxtor was identified as a member of the Tekton race of the planet Tekton in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #10.
- See the mighty Thing, enslaved on the planet of the Skrulls!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|