- We're about to become-- the first human Micronauts!
Appearing in "Stranded in Sub-Atomica!"Edit
- Fantastic Four
Synopsis for "Stranded in Sub-Atomica!"Edit
Continued from last issue...
Needing to find the Silver Surfer in the Microverse in order to appease the commands of Galactus, the Fantastic Four travel into that dimension by using Reed's newly build Reducta-Craft, which allows them to shrink down in size small enough to cross over into this micro-universe. As they venture to this other world, Sue's doctor pays her a visit to monitor the progress of her pregnancy. When she frets over her husband, her doctor orders her not to listen to any upsetting news stories. After he leaves, Sue begs Crystal to know what she is keeping from her, but the young Inhuman tries to avoid telling what she knows, should it have an adverse effect on Sue's pregnancy.
Meanwhile, the Fantastic Four have breached the barrier and entered into the Microverse. There they begin their search for the Silver Surfer, but Reed cautions them to be careful as they are venturing into the realm of their foe the Psycho-Man. Soon they cross paths with the Surfer and attack to try and knock him out. When the Surfer lands on a nearby asteroid, the FF land their ship and try to subdue their sometime ally. The Surfer refuses to listen to their pleas to return to Earth and easily fights them off and returns to soaring the space ways of the Microverse. As he flies away, his passing is detected by a ship carrying the Pscyho-Man. Detecting his old foes the Fantastic Four in the vicinity, the Psycho-Man unleashes his Indestructible One upon them.
As the Fantastic Four try to follow after the Surfer they are attacked by the Indestructible One. As they clash with the construct, above the Earth, Galactus grows impatient and begins his preparations to consume the planet. While in the Microvese; Reed, Johnny and Ben continue to clash with the Psycho-Man's construct and begin to grow desperate with the longer this battle delays their hunt for the Surfer. Hearing Mister Fantastic's panic, the Surfer returns and uses his Power Cosmic to destroy the construct they are fighting. The Silver Surfer grimly tells his friends that he realizes that he has a duty to protect the people of Earth and agrees to return to face Galactus. As the Surfer heads to Earth alone, the Psycho-Man observes and prepares to unleash a full out assault on the three remaining intruders in his domain.
This story is continued next issue...
- The Psycho-Man last clashed with the Fantastic Four in Fantastic Four Annual #5 during a failed attempt to conquer Earth, he fled back into the Microverse during this battle.
- Sue is not an active member of the Fantastic Four after discovering she was pregnant in Fantastic Four Annual #5, she officially went on leave from active duty in Fantastic Four #72.
- Galactus is so desperate in this story that he is willing to break his vow to spare the Earth pledged in Fantastic Four #50, the same issue where he exiled the Silver Surfer to Earth for betraying him to the humans.
- The Reducta-Craft is not seen again until Micronauts #15.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
|Like this? Let us know!|