Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Before this day is ended, mankind shall grovel helplessly at my feet -- and, as fate has obviously ordained -- Doctor Doom shall be Master of Earth!
- -- Doctor Doom
Appearing in "Doomsday"Edit
- Fantastic Four
- Gustave (First appearance)
- House of Agon
- Various Unnamed Inhumans
- Sam (First appearance)
- Russian Military
- United States of America
Synopsis for "Doomsday"Edit
Continued from last issue...
Following their encounter with the cosmic powered Doctor Doom, Reed Richards provides information to the US Chief of Staff, who orders a full mobilization of military forces following the grim news. Reed is about to give up, but Ben purposely agitates Reed with a fight in order to get the him thinking of a solution. The ploy works, when Reed stops the fight to go work in his lab. Meanwhile, the Russian military sends fight jets to attack Latveria before Doctor Doom can strike at them, but the jets are annihilated by Doom's fantastic new powers. Following his easy victory, Doom then pays a visit to the Silver Surfer who is still a captive in his dungeon to gloat over stealing the Surfer's powers and his future conquest of the world.
As Reed works in his lab he struggles to find a solution when he is told by Sue and Ben that Wyatt is worried about Johnny. Reed contacts Wingfoot and learns that Johnny has been training with soldiers in order to prepare for another battle with Doctor Doom. Reed forbids Johnny from going on this mission, and Wyatt manages to convince Johnny to follow orders. As they drive back to the Baxter Building, Wyatt is relieved that Johnny is focused on something other than the Inhumans for once.
Meanwhile, at the Great Refuge of the Inhumans, Black Bolt has come to the only conclusion there is in order to remove the Negative Zone barrier that blocks his people from the outside world. He silently orders all his people to go to the shelters deep below the city. Only Maximus refuses to go to shelter and even though he is completely mad wishes to stand by his brother's side. Black Bolt allows this and then suddenly screams. The force of the scream is powerful enough to shatter the Negative Zone barrier, but also decimates the Great Refuge as well.
While around the world Doctor Doom gives the people of Earth a demonstration of his power by plunging a European village into darkness, turning the Aegean Islands into a frozen wasteland, and mutating a gorilla in Africa into a powerful rampaging monster. After observing this, Reed Richards shows Ben a miniaturized prototype of the weapon he plans to use against Doctor Doom. Testing it out on Ben angers the Thing and he attacks Reed but is still too weak from his battle with Doctor Doom to put up much of a fight.
Back at the Hidden Land of the Inhumans, the people emerge from their shelters to find that they are free but their cities are in ruins. Black Bolt then decrees that while his people are rebuilding their home, the royal family shall venture out into the world. Soon Black Bolt, Crystal, Gorgon, Medusa, Karnak and Triton leave in a ship. Maximus is happy that they are gone and begins scheming on how to take over the throne once again, but when he tries to gain loyal followers none wish to work with the madman.
While Reed Richards is hard at work constructing the full sized version of his weapon against their foe, Doctor Doom grows tired of his show of power and decides to finally use his power to take over the world.
- All the Cold War connotations, particularly those in the scenes featuring Russia and its military should be considered topical references per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616.
- The Inhumans have been trapped behind the Negative Zone barrier since Fantastic Four #49. Johnny and Wyatt have been attempting to get past the barrier since Fantastic Four #54.
- Black Bolt's destructive voice has been a problem since his birth as revealed in Thor #148, and Thor #149 reveals that Black Bolt was forced into isolation until he was 19 when he was able to master the discipline of keeping completely silent. The reason why Bolt is so powerful is revealed in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #2 and revealed in Secret Invasion: Inhumans #3, which explain that he was exposed to the Terrigen Mist while still in utero.
- Although decimated here, Attilan is completely rebuilt by Incredible Hulk Special #1.
- Maximus was driven mad when he first heard Black Bolt's scream when he was much younger, as depicted in Avengers #95.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|