- They are not the ordinary native tribe they seem to be!
Appearing in "The Way It Began..!"Edit
- Ulysses Klaw (First appearance) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- T'Chaka (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "The Way It Began..!"Edit
Welcomed as guests of the Black Panther in Wakanda, the Black Panther explains that the nation of Wakanda is unique in that it is home of a rare metal known as Vibranium. Explaining that when explorer Ulysses Klaw came to Wakanda to steal the Vibranium to make weapons, he killed the Black Panther's father. In retribution, the young T'Challa stole one of these weapons and used it to destroy Klaw's camp and in the ensuing battle Klaw's right hand was rendered useless when T'Challa's weapon caused Klaw's pistol to explode in his hand.
When Klaw unleashes solid sound creatures created by a device, the Fantastic Four and Wyatt Wingfoot help Black Panther defend his nation. Tracking Klaw to his hide out, the Black Panther battles him and in the battle Klaw's base is destroyed and his solid sound creations vanish. Surviving and his solid sound device intact, Klaw crawls into the device hoping to gain the power necessary to crush the Black Panther once and for all.
- This is the first appearance of Wakandan Vibranium, a derivative known as Anti-Metal or Antarctic Vibranium was previously seen in Daredevil #13.
- The events surrounding the death of T'Challa's father T'Chaka was expanded upon in Black Panther Vol 3 #3.
- As revealed in Fantastic Four #56, Klaw emerges from the sound converter as a being comprised of living sound.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
At the bottom of page 20, Klaw is shown with a normal right hand, instead of the device which should be there.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|