Appearing in "I Die Like the Stars!"Edit
- Dragon Man (Only in flashback)
- Aron (Only in flashback)
- Namor (Only in flashback)
- Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) (Only in flashback)
- Silver Surfer (Norrin Radd)
Synopsis for "I Die Like the Stars!"Edit
The Human Torch struggles with control over his powers as he can not flame off. Ms. Marvel and Thing unsuccessfully try to put it by burying him and blowing it out. Kang accuses the Fantastic Four of kidnapping Mantis from him, but Thing says he does not know what he is talking about. Before leaving, Kang leaves behind a bomb, which the Torch promptly throws into space.
Both the Fantastic Four and Kang find that Necrodamus had captured Mantis from Kang's ship. Necrodamus plans to sacrifice Mantis at the precise moment when the planets align so that he can use her life force to get rewarded by the gods of evil. The Fantastic Four try attacking Necrodamus' invisible shield, but not even Kang's weapons can make a crack. Necrodamus makes a deal with N'Astirh that he will use the power to aid the demon in his wars against humanity.
Kang and Johnny travel into space to pull Mercury out of alignment to foil the plan. They successfully do so when Johnny buries Kang's device deep within the planet. Necrodamus' plan is ruined and the villain fades into Limbo. Kang turns on Johnny and leaves him in space near Mercury. Nearby, the Silver Surfer decides to investigate Mercury's strange behavior.
- The script credit on this issue is to "S.F.X. Englehart" due to Steve's unhappiness with the editorial direction regarding the Mantis storyline.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Fantastic Four Vol 1 324 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Fantastic Four series
- Images from Fantastic Four Vol 1 324
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|