Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- At last! After all these decades -- Diablo is free to walk the earth once more!!
- -- Diablo
Appearing in "The Dreaded Diablo!"Edit
- Baron Hugo
- Diablo (First appearance)
- The World's Rich and Powerful
- Dracula (Mentioned)
- Diablo's Alchemy Potions
- Unbreakable Solution
- Daily Bugle
Synopsis for "The Dreaded Diablo!"Edit
While on vacation in Transylvania, the Fantastic Four get lost while exploring the forests and come across an ancient castle, however they are told to stay away from it by Baron Hugo. However, that night the Thing answers a call to the castle and unwittingly frees the master alchemist Diablo.
When the FF arrive to see what happened to the Thing they have found that Diablo has almost succeeded in restoring Ben to his human form. When Reed tries to attack Ben for betraying them to Diablo, Ben defends the Alchemist hoping that he can succeed where Reed had failed.
Diablo then begins selling his Alchemy potions the world over, and takes Transylvania under his control, meanwhile he tricks Ben into taking a potion that turns him into the Thing once more. The Thing then returns to the FF and the group and lead them in trying to stop Diablo. When Diablo manages to capture his friends, the Thing smashes through the castle and frees his friends and traps Diablo back in the holding cell he was originally trapped in before bringing the castle down with one powerful punch.
After the Torch melts the castle down to slag, and the FF make their leave, finding themselves lost once again in the forest.
- The Thing makes a reference to Dracula in this story, at the time the Thing was likely referring to the works of fiction about Dracula. At this point in time he likely was unaware that Dracula is actually a real being in his universe. Dracula was long considered a work of fiction in the modern age until he resurfaced in Tomb of Dracula #1. Incidentally, at the time of this writing none of the Fantastic Four have actually encountered Dracula in their adventures, except Sue and Johnny who thwarted one of his plots in Before the FF: the Storms#1-4.
- Baron Hugo states that Diablo had been trapped for 100 years. Alpha Flight #21 actually states that the year Diablo was imprisoned was 1875.
- It's generally accepted that Diablo had been trapped in his cell the entire time, however Amazing Spider-Man #607 states that he was somehow active 20 years before the modern age, involving himself in a shady business deal with Dexter Bennett. There is no explanation for how this happened.
- Although trapped in his castle at the end of this story, Diablo managed to somehow free himself in Fantastic Four #35.
- This issue is reprinted in other comics and books, see references for more info.
- Written By: Stan Lee (A Rather Nice Writer)
- Drawn By: Jack Kirby: (A Quite Noteworthy Artist)
- Inked By: Chic Stone: (A Somewhat Nifty Inker)
- Lettered By: Art Simek (An Occasionally Neat Letterer)
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ July 23, 2015
- ↑ In Amazing Spider-Man #607 it is stated that Diablo was loose in the 1980s. This should be considered a topical reference per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616. This story was published in 2007 making the 80s reference roughly 20 years prior hence the figure listed here.
- ↑ The first story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
|Like this? Let us know!|