Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Appearing in "That a Child May Live..."Edit
Synopsis for "That a Child May Live..."Edit
As the Fantastic Four, Agatha Harkness, and the mysterious devil hunter Gabriel speed to Colorado and the town of New Salem in the Pogo Plane each of them broods on the events which have made their journey vital, while Sue concentrates on maintaining a force field around her son, the demonically possessed Franklin Richards.
In New Salem itself the members of Salem's Seven are contemplating their incarceration at the hands of the Fantastic Four when Nicholas Scratch takes possession of Brutacus and uses his powers to deliver his lackeys from the captivity so they can lay a trap for the fast approaching heroes. Once escaped, they use their various abilities to subdue the townspeople of New Salem. As the Fantastic Four arrive Scratch once again possesses Franklin, but Gabriel soon reveals that he himself is acting to dampen Scratch's influence by sheer force of will. The team are quickly surprised by Salem's Seven and eventually taken captive and removed to a place of sacrifice, whence Scratch aims to release the influence of the Dark Realm over the whole earth and release himself in the process.
Though physically restrained, Gabriel waits for the precise moment when Franklin's mind is completely open to harness the love of the Fantastic Four for Franklin, and use that energy as a weapon against Scratch. At the same time, both he and Agatha offer to sacrifice themselves to accomplish this. It's all too much for Scratch: unable to abide the thought of his mother's sacrifice he backs down and releases Franklin. As the Fantastic Four are reunited with Franklin, Agatha reveals that she will not be returning with the team to New York, but will stay on in New Salem.
Having relieved her son of his powers of witchcraft, she will stay behind to watch over him and Salem's Seven. The Fantastic Four bid a tearful farewell to Franklin's former governess but look forward to having Franklin with them on a permanent basis.
- The Salem's Seven were last seen in Fantastic Four Annual #14 when they attempted to free their master Nicholas Scratch, but were defeated by the Fantastic Four.
- Following their defeat here the Salem's Seven next appear in Vision and the Scarlet Witch Vol 2 #3 where they seek revenge against Agatha Harkness.
- Nicholas Scratch is not seen again for many years when he clashes with the Hellcat and the Avengers in Avengers Annual Vol 3 #2000.
- Gabriel the Devil Hunter slips away here and resurfaces in the fourth story of Marvel Comics Presents #106.
- Agatha stays in New Salem, but resurfaces in Vision and the Scarlet Witch Vol 2 #3-5 where she is seemingly slain by the Salem's Seven. Agatha spends an extended period of time away from the Fantastic Four, not returning to them again until Fantastic Four #368.
- This issue contains a letters page, Fantastic Four Fan Page. Letters are published from Paul Castroville, Robin Kincaid, and Brian S. Weintraub.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|