- Oh don't fret so, Reed! I'm perfectly capable of taking protecting myself.
- -- Sue Richards
Appearing in "Tower of Crystal... Dreams of Glass!"Edit
Synopsis for "Tower of Crystal... Dreams of Glass!"Edit
At the North Pole the Fantastic Four observe the crystalline structure Reed thinks is responsible for last issue's power blackouts and the threat to the Earth's magnetic field. As the structure is surrounded by hundreds of alien creatures, the task of further investigation falls to Sue.
In spite of being invisible, Sue manages to trip a perimeter alarm that alerts the aliens to her presence, and so Reed, Ben and Johnny join the fray in the hope of distracting them while Sue completes her mission. Unfortunately the aliens prove to be a composite being capable of splitting into apparently limitless, multiple versions of the same form or combining into a single huge mass, and they prove well-matched against the three members of the Fantastic Four. As Sue examines the crystal tower, she notices a hole in the ice and evidence of activity below the surface.
Descending through the ice hole she discovers an alien space ship and on entering is confronted by its inhabitants, three strange telepathic aliens. Their leader, Primus, explains that they hail from the Beta Lyrae system and have been stranded on Earth for half a million years since the Earth's electromagnetic field last reversed and rendered their ship incapable of flight, the three aliens having been in suspended animation while their mindless drones worked to find a way to reverse the EM flow.
Primus realizes that the inhabitants of Earth are now an advanced culture and that to continue their experiments would seriously endanger life on Earth, and so hostilities are ended. Reed helps the aliens repair their spaceship and the Fantastic Four prepare to return home, though not before Ben has demolished the crystal tower in his own inimitable fashion.
- The alien race here is identified as the Flb'Dbi as revealed in Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #3
- The Fantastic Four are next seen in Daredevil #164 where they visited Daredevil in the hospital following his battle with the Hulk.
- This issue contains a letters page, Fantastic Four Fan Page. A letter is published from Carol A. Strickland.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|