Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Appearing in "Our World -- Enslaved!"Edit
- Fantastic Four
Synopsis for "Our World -- Enslaved!"Edit
The Fantastic Four and the Sub-Mariner return to the shores of New York City to witness as the Atlantean army -- under the command of Magneto -- are attacking the city and incapacitating the military forces that have been set up there to meet them. When Namor tries to fly off to stop this senseless battle, Reed convinces him that the only thing he can do right now is pretend that he is siding with Magneto in order to buy them time to defeat their mutual foe. Despite his reservations, the Sub-Mariner agrees to follow Reed's advice. As the Fantastic Four speed away, Namor approaches his flagship and agrees to Magneto's terms. Magneto then orders Namor to lead his armies on an assault on Manhattan, warning him not to fail as the fate of Sue Richards and Lady Dorma hang in the balance.
The Fantastic Four return to their headquarters where they are reunited with Crystal. They are also contacted by the President again who informs them that the Sub-Mariner has gathered an army on the mainland where they have been herding citizens as prisoners. Regardless of the pressures on him from the Commander-in-Chief, Reed assures the President that he can stop the invasion before its too late. He then sends Johnny out to call the Sub-Mariner back in. Narrowly avoiding Atlantean cannon fire, Johnny learns that Magneto plans to set up operations in Central Park. The pair then race off to face him there, with Johnny having complete faith in Reed coming up with an invention to stop Magneto.
As Magneto lands his flagship in Central Park, Sue tries to break free and escape under cover of her invisibility powers, but this proves to be a fruitless escape, as Magneto manages to uncover her with his magnetic powers and subdues her. Namor then confronts Magneto in the Park and orders him to let his captives go or face his wrath. Back at the Baxter Building Reed is putting the finishing touches on his device while Johnny, Ben and Crystal keep Atlantean invaders at bay. With the weapon completed, the group flies to Central Park in the Fantasti-Car. Reed then comes at Magneto with his weapon, which is powered by Crystal's elemental powers. When Magneto tries to fight back, the weapon turns his magnetic powers against him, trapping Magneto in a cone of magnetic force that he cannot escape from. With the battle now over, Namor orders his armies to stand down and return to the sea, putting an end to hostilities. With Magneto incapacitated, the Fantastic Four leave him in the park to be picked up by the military and return home.
- Magneto's arrival in Central Park is expanded upon in X-Men: The Hidden Years #21. Also Reed's preparations and the final battle against Magneto were expanded upon in X-Men: The Hidden Years #22. That story reveals that Reed was assisted in the construction of the weapon by Professor X who was monitoring events mentally, as such he is listed as being behind the scenes in this issue.
- The Fantastic Four later appear in other stories following this issue:
- Mister Fantastic next appears in Avengers #88 where he assists Iron Man and Professor X in trying to contain the Hulk.
- The Human Torch appears next in Marvel Team-Up #1 where he helps Spider-Man battle the Sandman.
- The Thing next appears in Sub-Mariner #31 where he briefly entertains Triton of the Inhumans.
- Sue and Crystal appear again next issue.
- The appearance of Richard Nixon as President of the United States in this story should be considered a Topical Reference per the Sliding Timescale of Earth-616.
- Following his defeat here, Magneto breaks out of prison and battles the Inhuman royal family in Amazing Adventures Vol 2 #9-Amazing Adventures Vol 2 #10.
- Namor and Lady Dorma also appear next in Sub-Mariner #31, where Namor, Triton and Stingray clash with Attuma.
- This issue contains a letters page, Fantastic Four Fan Page. Letters are published from Carl Gafford, William A. Sweeney, Gary Chun, Steve Turner, and Steve Smith.
- The fighting F.F. - versus Magneto - versus Sub-Mariner! A thousand surprises! A million thrills! And oh, that ending!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|