- You don't know how to handle it, do you? The grief. The pain. The loss... So you reached for the thing you know best -- you tried to make a deal. Tried to strike a bargain that would make it all go away. And you CAN'T.
- -- Clint Barton
Appearing in "Bargaining"Edit
- Doctor Coleite (First appearance)
- Avengers (Only in flashback)
- New York State
- Hawkeye's Bow & Trick Arrows (Main story and flashback)
- Extremis Armor
- Captain America's Shield (Main story and flashback)
- Captain America's Uniform (Main story and flashback)
- Patriot's Uniform
- Patriot's Shield
- Firebrand Battlesuit
- Superhuman Registration Act (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "Bargaining"Edit
Clint Barton, the original Hawkeye, meets with Iron Man/Tony Stark at the ruins of Avengers Mansion to confront him over Captain America's death. But he is instead greeted by a knockout, at which he was taken to the Helicarrier, where SHIELD determines that it's really him, back from the dead. Upon confirmation of his identity, Stark reveals Captain America's real shield and Barton has the chance to take the shield for a spin (literally) on the helicarrier deck. When he proves he can handle it effectively, unlike others who have tried (most who have died), Stark makes Barton an incredible offer: to restore Captain America to the people of the United States.
On the rooftops of New York, Patriot and Kate Bishop/Hawkeye, are engaging Firebrand. Barton and Stark are watching from afar, before the two Young Avengers subdue the fire villain, especially with water. After they do, Stark moves into to arrest them for defying the Superhuman Registration Act. Seeing that he won't listen to reason, Kate uses an EMP arrow against him. But as they attempt to flee into the sewer, they narrowly miss being hit by the shield. They look up to see Barton in Cap's uniform. Barton confronts Kate Bishop about her assumption of the Hawkeye mantle to which she claims that she did so to honour him but would never disgrace his memory by attempting to copy or replace him as she and Patriot accuse Barton of trying to do with Captain America. If Barton was really alive, she would take another codename. As Stark's Iron Man armor reboots, Barton allows Patriot and Hawkeye to escape and he immediately returns the shield to Stark, realizing that Iron Man's desire to find a replacement Cap was more an attempt to alleviate Stark's own guilt over Roger's death rather than the comfort of the American people. Barton promises to mail Stark back the costume and Iron Man vows to pursue Barton if he sides with the New Avengers. Barton doesn't reply and Stark is left to stand alone in the rain.
- Takes place prior to the events in New Avengers #30.
- Takes place during the events of Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America - Avengers.
- Shipped with two covers. Regular cover by John Romita, Jr and a variant cover by Michael Turner.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America Vol 1 3 on the forums
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|