Celtic faerie of Otherworld/Avalon
The faerie are a magical race, similar to the Elves, an ancient race of humanoid beings with supernatural powers that originated from an other-dimensional world that borders upon Britain and Ireland on Earth.
Relations to Asgard's Elves
It is also considering that both Dark and Light Elves are included among the Faerie of Celtic myth, while another account described only the Dark Elves as being of the same race as those Faerie (leaving no relation between Faerie and Light Elves).
Powers and Abilities
Magical Energy Manipulation: All Faeries have a strong capacity to manipulate mystical energy, which they often use to perform spells or enchantments. Because of this, all faeries have a vast potential as Sorcerers (or Sorceresses).
Wings: Faeries often posses insectoid wings protruding from their back that allow them to engage in flight.
Average Strength level
The mysical powers of faries are rendered useless against objects composed of "cold iron" or steel. Additionally, Cold iron can also harm faeries in both their physical, and astral forms. Accordingly, blow from iron can harm a faerie, whereas an equally strong blow from a different substance would not harm them at all.
Type of Government: Monarchy
Level of Technology: Magic
Representatives: Cadhla, Morgan Le Fay, Caroline le Fay, Pixie (allegedly half fairy/human mutant), Mrs. Gwynn (Megan's mother), Oberon, Tinkabelinos Hardleg
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Fairies on the forums
- Appearances of Fairies
- Minor Appearances of Fairies
- Media Fairies was Mentioned in
- Race Gallery: Fairies
- Images of Fairies
Links and References
- ↑ All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update #2; Glossary
- ↑ Wisdom #1
- ↑ Thor & Hercules: Encyclopaedia Mythologica #1; Otherworld's entry
- ↑ Avengers Vol 3 #1
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 2 #18; Malekith's entry
- ↑ Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol 3 #4; Leir's entry
- ↑ All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #4; Elf with a Gun's entry