Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- I am Namora, Avenging Daughter of Atlantis. Imperius Regina! And I... have become unhinged from time.
- -- Namora
Appearing in "Earn Your Wings: Part 1 of 3"Edit
- Earth-616 (Reality)
- The Tallus
- The TimesWeek newspaper/magazine
- Xorn's Helmet
Synopsis for "Earn Your Wings: Part 1 of 3"Edit
Beak explains his back story and introduces his wife and children while the Exiles plop down into the Atlantic Ocean, just outside of New York City, Earth-616. Blink felt someone teleport in, and Morph goes to look for them to make sure they could swim. Everyone is surprised when their new teammate turns out to be none other than Namora, a female, blue, alternate version of Namor.
They make acquaintances, and go ashore. Morph goes scouting for information on this reality, as they all notice that the twin towers are either missing or were never built. He gets back and reports that this world is nuts, since everyone is afraid of the United States as a military power, and Arnold Schwarzenegger was elected governor of California. (Which is what our world, Earth-1210, was dealing with in 2004). The tallus then gives them their mission: "Leave your possessions, and earn your wings."
Everyone is instantly frustrated by the riddle of a mission, Namora especially, she refuses to be made a slave of unseen powers, and starts to leave. Sasquatch tries to stop her, and gets a punch to the face that sends her into the air as a result. The rest of the Exiles try to fight her to make her stay while Blink goes to get Sasquatch, but she beats them all easily and escapes into the ocean. Morph and Nocturne discuss how it would be nice if the Timebroker took her off the team right away.
Blink and Heather return, and the team decides to look for clues about their mission at Xavier's School.
Namor returns to his throne room in Atlantis to be surprised.
- Well, I suppose that seeing is believing... ME. As a Man. With pink skin, like some air-sucking surface-worlder. This is a very badly warped reality, indeed.
They briefly tussle, and Namora ends up explaining who she is and why she's there to Namor.
In Westchester, the Exiles are shocked that the Mansion is being basically rebuilt from the ground up. They keep their distance because even though Nightcrawler looks the same as the one Nocturne met before, they noticed a version of the White Queen palling around with the X-Men.
Beak, who lives off-campus a bit, runs into them in the forest.
At the Baxter Building, Namor seeks the help of Reed Richards for Namora, but as she's explaining about the Timebroker, he clocks her and they put her in a force-field. Namor is very upset that some outside forces are meddling with the future of his Reality, and is determined to stop them.
The Tallus updates the Exiles' mission. Now they have to rescue Namora from Namor and the Fantastic Four!
- In this issue, Morph morphs into: an inflatable seahorse; a yellow submarine; a frog with a cape; a TimesWeek reader in a suit; General Ross; The Terminator; a cat with a cape; a basketball player on Team Exiles; himself with a beak.
- There’s no rest for the weary when there are realities to save! After the devastating events of their last mission, the Exiles hope for a little downtime, only to find themselves ’ported directly into a none-too-friendly reception from the regular Marvel Universe! This X-MEN: RELOAD issue is a perfect jumping-on point, featuring the debut of new writer TONY BEDARD (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Negation) and the promotion of EXILES cover artist MIZUKI SAKAKIBARA to regular artist! Guest-starring the Fantastic Four and Beak from NEW-X-MEN!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|