Appearing in "The Devil's Own, Part 4 of 4: The End of the World As We Know It"Edit
- Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange)
- Wolverine (Logan) (as a telepathic creation)
- Carmen Pryde (as a telepathic creation)
- Nick Fury (as a telepathic creation)
- Cyclops (Scott Summers) (as a telepathic creation)
- Cassandra Nova (as a telepathic creation)
- Gabrielle Haller (as a telepathic creation)
- Mr. Sinister (Nathanial Essex) (as a telepathic creation)
- Terri Pryde (Mentioned)
Synopsis for "The Devil's Own, Part 4 of 4: The End of the World As We Know It"Edit
Professor X begins his psychic and physical journey to reach Magneto and Scarlet Witch. He travels through his memories assisted by Dr. Strange. Xavier revisits his time as a soldier in the US Army, on rescue missions, at Wundagore Mountain, and in his own Black Bug Room. Along the way, he meets many figures from his past who make him question his behaviors and intentions. Finally, he enters the room where Magneto and Scarlet Witch are.
Xavier and Magneto discuss what to do. Magneto wants Wanda to be at peace and implies that he wants Xavier to kill him. Charles refuses and leaves him as Dr. Strange's protective spells wears off.
- Since most of this issue occurs in Xavier's manipulated memories, the validity of any events is called into question. It is not likely that Wolverine was in Xavier's army company and thus it may not be true that Carmen Pryde was their either. Many of Sinister's revelations may not be true, but instead be manifestations of Xavier's fears.
- The end of this series leaves many unanswered questions. Who is Chimere and what were her plans for Hub, Hack, and Purge? What happened to the children survivors which Callisto and Xavier found? These characters appear next in the Son of M Vol 1 titles.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|