- Their kind is as old as the stars!! Their home is the vast universe!
- -- Ajak
Appearing in "The Fourth Host"Edit
- Agent Parks
- Agent Stevenson
- Agent Tyler
Synopsis for "The Fourth Host"Edit
More members of the Celestial Forth Host descend upon the City of the Gods in the Andes Mountains. Gammenon the Gatherer offers a capsule to Ajak who honorably accepts it. Inside the capsule are the discorporated atoms of the three S.H.I.E.L.D. agents that Arishem banished only moments ago. Ajak and Daniel Damian use the technology found within the temple to re-assemble the men's atoms. The S.H.I.E.L.D. agents immediately go on the offensive, but their weapons are useless here. Ajak explains the history and purpose of the Celestial Host and tells them that they are now trapped inside the temple with them with no chance of escape.
The agents refuse to remain captive however. One of them, Stevenson, punches Ajak in the jaw and makes a run for it. He gets as far as the outside steps where he encounters Tefral the Surveyor. He throws a grenade at him, but the Celestial catches it where it explodes harmlessly in his hand. As punishment for their transgressions, the S.H.I.E.L.D's agents' bodies are discorporated once again and placed inside the capsule.
Meanwhile high above the planet, the leader of the Fourth Host, the One Above All, sits silently in his God-Ship. He sends an electronic signal to Earth in the form of a veritable ladder of fire. The message is decoded and received by the other members of the Fourth Host who depart the mountains for unknown locales across the Earth. They are preparing for Alpha Day.
- This issue is reprinted in The Eternals Omnibus hardcover collection.
- Includes a flashback to the time of the Celestial Third Host.
- The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition #2 credits this issue as the first appearance of the One Above All, but he only makes a behind the scenes appearance inside of the Celestial God-Ship.
- Several unidentified Celestials likewise make a cameo appearance in this issue.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|