During a fight against the Masters of Evil, because he was a robot, he was not affected by the control by the Serpent Crown. As one of the two Avengers free from Taskmaster's influence, he and Venom battled the criminals and freed their teammates.
Black Ant's heroic rescue of the team was short-lived as Black Widow was quick to deduce that Black Ant was, in fact, now a robot working for the Descendants. Since Ant-Man had just saved the team, Hawkeye and the rest of the Avengers refused to believe her accusation, so she quit the team in protest.
The LMD however changed his identity to Black Ant and began an attack on the Lighthouse. His teammates Venom and Valkyrie were left to die, whilst Hank Pym and the original Human Torch were kidnapped. Venom woke up and helped Valkyrie and, after they recovered, he swore revenge on the robot and took up the task to personally take him down.
In the Core, Venom, Valkyrie and Black Widow were breaking into Father's base, hoping to find something they could use. However, the only member of Father's army they encountered was a hidden Black Ant, who contacted the others.
The team broke into the nursery of Parvez, who was kidnapped from the heroes by a Descendant strikeforce. As they prepared to escape with him, the group was ambushed by the Black Ant. Black Ant explained that he remembered every part of Ant-Man's life, and that if he did not do as father said, Father would have killed him. Black Ant's justifications caused Venom to go berserk, and a fight begun. Valkyrie rescued Venom from Black Ant's blast by stabbing the robot with her sword, as the Orb of Necromancy the Father used to empower him and the Descendants gave him soul, he died like a human being, before shrinking while swearing he would see Valkyrie and Venom in the afterlife soon.
The Mad Thinker got his hands on Black Ant's corpse and rebuilt him. Both Black Ant and Mad Thinker later joined the Hood's Illuminati. Eric joined under the Hood's promise to give him a "new flesh-and-blood" body. However, the Mad Thinker betrayed the team and destroyed Black Ant with a bomb he placed inside him.
He eventually returned seemingly repaired. When he and Taskmaster obtained a recording of Steve Rogers that revealed him to be an agent of Hydra, they tried to hand it to Maria Hill. However, Elisa Sinclair, the new Madame Hydra, got to them first. Elisa was impressed by the two and let them live to make them her new bodyguards.
- Pym Particles : With the assistance of Pym Particles, Eric has the ability to shrink to the size of an ant, while retaining full size strength, and increase in size and communicate telepathically with insects via a cybernetic helmet.
- Life-Model Decoy : As an android a Life-Model Decoy possesses all of the various superhuman attributes:
- Superhuman Strength: As an android a Life-Model Decoy is superhumanly strong and possesses beyond the human limit.
- Superhuman Speed: As an android a Life-Model Decoy can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Durability: As an android a Life-Model Decoy construction makes him very durable.
- Superhuman Stamina: As an android a Life-Model Decoy can exert itself well beyond the human limit.
- Superhuman Agility: As an android a Life-Model Decoy agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Quick Repair: The nanites in his body give a Life-Model Decoy a form of self-repair.
- Standard S.H.I.E.L.D. weapons training
- He can be squashed at small size and at giant size.
- Various gadgets housed within a shrinking exoskeleton armor ex. retractable robot legs with magnetic grapples
- Leg-mounted jet thrusters (this can also be use as a flamethrower)
- Mandible-like tools that swing out like claws
- Appearances of Eric O'Grady (LMD) (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Eric O'Grady (LMD) (Earth-616)
- Media Eric O'Grady (LMD) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Eric O'Grady (LMD) (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Eric O'Grady (LMD) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Eric O'Grady (LMD) (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Secret Avengers #36
- ↑ Secret Avengers #23
- ↑ Secret Avengers #24
- ↑ Secret Avengers #25
- ↑ Secret Avengers #30
- ↑ Secret Avengers #31
- ↑ Secret Avengers #32
- ↑ Secret Avengers #33
- ↑ Secret Avengers #34
- ↑ Secret Avengers #35
- ↑ Secret Avengers #37
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Illuminati #2
- ↑ Illuminati #1
- ↑ Illuminati #4
- ↑ Captain America: Steve Rogers #11
- ↑ Captain America: Steve Rogers #12
- ↑ Captain America: Steve Rogers #14
- ↑ Secret Empire #1
|Like this? Let us know!|