Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Enforcers were a small team of career criminals and were among Amazing Spider-Man's earliest foes. Originally they consisted of Montana, Fancy Dan, and the Ox and first appeared as henchmen of the crime kingpin Big Man, being defeated by Spider-Man. Later, they teamed up with the Green Goblin and Sandman. They also clashed with other superheroes, including the Human Torch and Daredevil.
After Ox's apparent death, Montana and Fancy Dan teamed with a new Big Man, Sandman, and a new Crime Master (Nick Lewis, Jr. son of the original). They were defeated once again by Spider-Man and the Human Torch. During the battle, Crime Master shot the new Big Man, unaware "he" was really Janice Foswell, Nick's own girlfriend and the daughter of Frederick Foswell, the original Big Man.
The Enforcers recruited Raymond Bloch's twin brother, Ronald, as the new Ox, soon clashing with Dazzler. The Enforcers later returned with two new members Snake Marston, a master contortionist and Hammer Harrison, an expert boxer who used two steel gloves. They were defeated by Spider-Man and the Sandman (then a reformed criminal).
During the superhuman Civil War, Ronald and Snake Marston were recruited into the latest incarnation of the Thunderbolts. The Thunderbolts were apprehending established super-criminals and giving them the choice of joining the team or facing incarceration. The Ox and Marston apparently took the former choice, becoming Thunderbolts-in-training. The absence of the other Enforcers might be explained by the fact that all Thunderbolts recruits thus far all possessed some degree of superhuman or near-superhuman ability, or employed technology to simulate such powers; while the Ox and Marston fall loosely under that definition, Fancy Dan, Montana and Hammer Harrison do not.
Equipment: None known.
Transportation: None known.
Weapons: None known.
- The Enforcers appear often in the early issues of Amazing Spider-Man, debuting in #10, returning in #14, and again in #18 and #19.
- No trivia.
- 18 Enforcers (Earth-616) Members
- 68 Appearances of Enforcers (Earth-616)
- 2 Media Enforcers (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 7 Images that include Enforcers (Earth-616)
- Team Gallery: Enforcers (Earth-616)
- Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #10 (Mar 1964) - First Appearance
- Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #14 - Teamed with the Green Goblin to battle Spider-Man.
- Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 1 #19 - Teamed with the Sandman; captured Human Torch; battled and defeated by Spider-Man.
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man #10
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man #14
- ↑ Amazing Spider-Man #19
- ↑ Daredevil #86
- ↑ Marvel Team-Up #39-40
- ↑ Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #19-20
- ↑ Marvel Team-Up #138 This lineup only appears one more time in Daredevil #356 and Daredevil #357.
- ↑ Spider-Man #94-95
- ↑ He was present for their next appearance in Spider-Man, (2nd series) #28, though Ronald also continued using the Ox name (in She-Hulk, (4th series) #1).
- ↑ Thunderbolts #103-104