Apocalypse was born about 5000 years ago in Egypt as a member of the Akkaba clan. As a child he was ugly and malformed. Found in the desert by Baal (a member of a band of nomads) who recognized the power in him. The nomads raised him and taught him the slogan "the strong will survive", and indoctrinated him in the tribe's philosophy of survival of the fittest. Baal saw in him the potential to be a god. After his awesome powers emerged and he claimed his destiny by overcoming Pharaoh Rama-Tut, he travelled for centuries, worshipped as a god wherever he went and raising armies to do his bidding. Apocalypse eventually came across a Celestial starship in Mongolia and was metamorphosed and empowered by its technology since the Traveler's techno-organic blood was accidentally mixed with his own. He set out to conquer Earth and ensure mutant supremacy, as the mutant savior.
When Apocalypse started his plans for world domination, he captured four people who he saw as being good enough to be his Horsemen and corrupted them.
The X-Men of this world were apparently either not on Earth or didn't exist at all and because of that Apocalypse managed to take over the world with relative ease.
After Death, Pestilence and Famine were defeated, Apocalypse's Horseman of War showed up and almost ended up killing them. After Deadpool noticed that he couldn't defeat War, he bodyslided to another alternate reality followed by Cannonball and Siryn three minutes later.
Apocalypse is easily one of the most powerful mutants who ever lived. After exposure to the Celestial Ship, all of Apocalypse's powers have been enhanced far beyond their original limits.
Superhuman Strength: Apocalypse possesses superhuman strength that he can further increase by drawing upon outside energy sources. Hence, Apocalypse is capable of lifting far in excess of 100 tons.
Superhuman Stamina: Apocalypse's body produces practically no fatigue toxins during physical activity. He can exert himself at peak capacity indefinitely.
Invulnerability: Apocalypse was highly resistant to injury. With the Celestial modifications, this resistance to harm was amplified, making him virtually impervious to harm, although it is now possible (after his original body was destroyed) to cause him injury that would not be immediately regenerated by his power.
Flight: Apocalypse can enable himself to fly, by either transforming his arms into wings, jets, or through telekinetic use.
Teleportation: Apocalypse can teleport himself and others around vast distances across the planet and has shown the ability to teleport an entire fortress with him while leaving those within behind.
Bio-Molecular Alteration: Apocalypse has total control over the molecular structure of his body, and can alter it at will. This means that matter manipulation has no effect on him, and can adapt his molecular structure to any adversity. Apocalypse can also perform the following feats:
- Malleable Form: Apocalypse's entire body can be reshaped at will. He can alter his appearance, allow his body to become extremely malleable, maintain his full dexterity, and elongate his body or limbs.
- Size Alteration: Apocalypse is able to change his size at will; he can increase or decrease the size of his body by taking on additional mass or ridding of it from a presumably extradimensional source.
- Physical Superhuman powers: Through this ability to alter his form, Apocalypse can give himself virtually any physical superhuman power, as he can transform his arms and fists into various melee weapons.
- Transmutation: Apocalypse possesses transmutation abilities, as his descendants have already proven capable of.
Energy Generation: ability to generate energy for a number of effects, including but not limited to:
- Energy Absorption: ability to absorb energy and mass to augment the levels of both his strength and power to unlimited potentials.
- Superhuman Speed: by infusing his body with energy he is able to speed up his reflexes and reaction time in which to seemingly move at super speeds. It is this ability that allows him to counteract others with super-speed powers themselves.
- Force-Fields: ability to create nearly impenetrable forcefields
- Energy Projection: ability to project massive energy blasts of destructive force. Apocalypse can also expel energy from his body, and control it's directions.
Telekinesis: Apocalypse possesses telekinetic abilities enabling him to levitate oneself or that of others by sheer force of will, and manipulate living beings, inanimate objects, and to some extent energy psionically . He can “lift” far in excess 100+ tons of weight, and can enable himself to “fly” at great speed.
Virtual Immortality: Apocalypse's original body was immortal, even before being modified by the Celestial ship, he had lived for thousands of years. Apocalypse can a coma-like state of suspended animation during which he may recover from any wounds with the assistance of his Celestial technology. The down side off his altering by the Celestials and his enhancement was that the techno-organic virus needed to allow this to happen ravaged his body requireing him to find new ones over the years.
- Retarded Aging: His molecular rearrangement ability has allowed him to constantly renew his cells, thus he’s unable to age.
- Blood of Apocalypse: As recently revealed, Apocalypse's techno-organic blood has many unique properties. With only a drop of his blood into a vat of organs, blood, etc. the virus can rewrite the genetic code of the material within to form a new body for Apocalypse.
- Technology Interface: Apocalypse is able to directly interface with various technologies he has at his disposal.
Apocalypse is a genius, a level of which humanity cannot comprehend, and has knowledge of certain areas of biology, primarily genetic engineering and mutation, and technology that are far in advance of contemporary science and technology. This was not merely a result of his exposure to alien technology, as he was able to make significant new advances beyond the alien materials to which he was exposed.
Several of Apocalypse's bases have a rejuvenation chamber. Apparently Celestial technology capable of manipulating the genes of mutants giving them altogether new abilities or augmenting the ones they already possess. (The process seemingly has the effect of warping the minds of the subjects more to Apocalypse's way of thinking).
Personal teleportation device. Various Celestial-tech based ships.
No known weapons. Assuming various Celestial-tech based weaponry.
- Appearances of En Sabah Nur (Earth-5701)
- Minor Appearances of En Sabah Nur (Earth-5701)
- Media En Sabah Nur (Earth-5701) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring En Sabah Nur (Earth-5701)
- Quotations by or about En Sabah Nur (Earth-5701)
- Character Gallery: En Sabah Nur (Earth-5701)
- Characters killed by Apocalypse
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|