Ellen Brandt was an amputee, missing her lower left arm, when she was approached by Aldrich Killian to trial the experimental Extremis virus. She endured the pain of the infusion long enough for her body to accept the compound, and watched it regrow her missing limb. A fellow trial subject was not so lucky, and exploded in her vicinity, yet Brandt was able to recover and subsequently entered into the service of Killian.
One of Brandt's assignments was to recover a set of documents from a small town bar, documents that detailed the death of another Extremis subject in that area. When she arrived, she found that Tony Stark had arrived and had inadvertently collected them already. Brandt, posing as Homeland Security, and a fellow agent attempted to apprehend Stark, but ultimately failed. Even without his armor, Stark was able to outsmart the Extremis-empowered agents and he killed Brandt with a clever combination of gas and accelerant, ignited by Brandt's own power.
Extremis virus: The Extremis virus injected into living tissue results in a wide range of effects within the host organism. The intention of Extremis was to enhance, although the compound was flawed. In all hosts it causes intense pain until it either bonds with the host successfully, or destroys the host in a violent explosion. Even in cases where the Extremis virus has successfully bonded, the host organism may be at risk of the compound becoming unstable and detonating with sufficient force to burn nearby bystanders to dust, and crater solid concrete underfoot.
- Enhanced Agility: The Extremis virus enhances musculature to become more powerful in its motion, granting the host marginally enhanced agility.
- Exothermic Reaction: Hosts of the Extremis virus are able to consciously raise the temperature of parts of their bodies. The effect can be controlled to the extent that it might only scorch skin, or increased to the point where it can cause steel to turn into a molten state.
- Superhuman Strength: The Extremis virus enhances the muscular power of the host considerably. The extent appears to vary within marginal limits, but most have demonstrated the ability to hoist the weight of a human male effortlessly in one hand and hurl such a weight across a room.
- Tissue Regeneration: The Extremis virus imparts incredible restorative capabilities upon the host organism. Superficial wounds close over and heal completely in a matter of seconds, and severed limbs can take minutes to regrow.
Stolen pistol and shotgun
- 2 Appearances of Ellen Brandt (Earth-199999)
- Media Ellen Brandt (Earth-199999) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Ellen Brandt (Earth-199999)
- Quotations by or about Ellen Brandt (Earth-199999)
- Character Gallery: Ellen Brandt (Earth-199999)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|