Dr. Who was a scientist from England in the 1960s who created a dimensionally transcendental time machine he called T.A.R.D.I.S. (Time And Relative Dimension In Space) which was disguised as a Metropolitan Police Telephone Box. Accidentally activated by Ian, the boyfriend of Who's granddaughter Barbara, T.A.R.D.I.S. transported Who and his family to the planet Skaro, where they faced the evil of the Daleks. They defeated the creatures and saved the peace loving Thal people, but were left trying to find their way home.
Dr. Who again encountered the Daleks on Mars, a foothold in their invasion of Earth. By activating the Martian Sphinx, he helped the Martians defeat the Daleks. Earth was safe for the immediate future but he would face the Daleks once again in 2150 A.D. after they had successfully invaded the planet.
Dr. Who's universe of origin is unclear, but he is thought an alternate version of The Doctor.
- Dr. Who, played by Peter Cushing, appeared in two movies loosely based on the Doctor on TV's Doctor Who.
- The character made two appearances in Marvel titles. The first was a Marvel UK reprint of the one-off title Dr. Who & the Daleks, an adaptation of the movie of the same title originally published by Dell Comics in 1966. The second was a new story in a Spring Special about the movies made in memory of the actor.
- 1 Appearances of Dr. Who
- Minor Appearances of Dr. Who
- Media Dr. Who was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Dr. Who
- Quotations by or about Dr. Who
- Character Gallery: Dr. Who
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|