Devondra is a mysterious being that resides in the Soul Stone's Soul-World where she devours any souls that ended getting sent there. It's alleged that if Devondra devours enough souls, she is able to weave a new reality from the silk she generates.
Due to an imbalance, though, Devondra caused Soul-World to transform from a paradise to a hellish wasteland. After retrieving the Infinity Stones, Gamora attempted to rebalance Soul-World by folding the universe in half and merging the halves together to form Warp World, a pocket dimension sealed inside Soul-World. Once Devondra devoured enough souls in Warp World, Gamora planned to use Devondra's power to create a new reality where there would no longer be any suffering.
After being sent into Warp World, Loki assembled the Cosmic Avengers to stop Gamora. He tried to recruit Adam Warlock, but he wanted to remain in Soul-World and fight Devondra. So, Emma Frost telepathically contacted Warp World's heroes and asked them to aid Adam in fighting Devondra.
The Cosmic Avengers were eventually able to defeat Gamora and retrieve the Infinity Stones from her possession. Before they could restore the universe, they needed to deal with Devondra. The Hulk put an end to Devondra by generating a black hole with the Space Stone that gradually grew and destroyed Devondra.
- Reality Manipulation: Devondra has the power to warp reality on a possibly universal scale and even create a new universe, but this is dependent on the amount of souls she devours. Devondra can also use this ability to create dreamlike realities into other beings like Hank Pym, in order to lure and devour them.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Devondra is able to heal from devastating injuries in a matter of seconds.
- 6 Appearances of Devondra (Earth-616)
- 2 Minor Appearances of Devondra (Earth-616)
- Media Devondra (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 4 Images featuring Devondra (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Devondra (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Devondra (Earth-616)
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|