- Deadpool (Wade Wilson) (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Weasel (Jack Hammer) (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Vanessa Carlysle (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Blind Al (Althea) (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Ajax (Francis Freeman) (Only appearance; dies) (Main story and flashback)
- The Recruiter (Only appearance; dies) (Main story and flashback)
- Angel Dust (Christina) (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Bob (First appearance) (Cameo)
- Ryan Reynolds (Mentioned) (Photo)
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) (Photo)
- Dopinder (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Gita (First appearance) (Photo)
- Gavin Merchant (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Jeremy Garrett (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Bea Arthur (Photo)
- Meghan Orlovsky (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Buck (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Rob Liefeld (Main story and flashback) (Cameo)
- J. Boothe (First appearance) (Main story and flashback)
- Weapon XI (Wade Wilson) (Toy)
- Patrick Stewart (Mentioned)
- James McAvoy (Mentioned)
- Liam Neeson (Mentioned)
- Rosie O'Donnell (Mentioned)
- David Cunningham (Only appearance; dies) (Only in flashback)
- Batman (Bruce Wayne) (Mentioned)
- Robin (Mentioned)
- Bandhu (First appearance) (Voice)
- Stan Lee (First appearance) (Cameo)
- Hugh Jackman (Photo)
- Samuel L. Jackson (Mentioned)
- Cable (Nathan Summers) (Mentioned)
- Mel Gibson (Mentioned)
- Dolph Lundgren (Mentioned)
- Keira Knightley (Mentioned)
- United States of America
- Baghdad, Iraq (Mentioned)
- Mogadishu, Somalia (Mentioned)
- Chechnya, Russia (Mentioned)
- China (Mentioned)
- Canada (Mentioned)
- Earth-10005 (Mentioned)
Wade Wilson, a Special Forces operative-turned-mercenary, adopts the alter ego "Deadpool" after he is subjected to an experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing. With his new abilities and a twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the person who nearly ruined his life.
- Stefan Kapičić as Colossus / Peter Rasputin
Additionally, Stan Lee and Deadpool co-creator Rob Liefeld make cameos. Style Dayne, Kyle Cassie, and Taylor Hickson portray Jeremy, Gavin Merchant, and Meghan Orlovsky, respectively. Hugh Scott portrays David Cunningham. Rob Hayter appears as Bob.
- This film was officially given the green light for production after overwhelming positive reaction to test footage of the film that was leaked online. Additionally, the same footage was recreated into a scene for the film.
- Reynolds, himself, confirmed that this incarnation of Deadpool is not connected to Weapon XI from X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
- Footage shown at San Diego Comic-Con 2015 shows Wade Wilson telling the people who turn him into Deadpool not to make his costume "green or animated." Ryan Reynolds, who portrays Deadpool, previously portrayed Hal Jordan in the 2011 film Green Lantern. The movie was poorly-received by fans and critics alike, with Reynolds' fully-CGI Green Lantern costume being a target of much criticism.
- Stan Lee's cameo in the film is his first cameo in a 20th Century Fox/Marvel film since Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer in 2007.
- Earlier drafts of Deadpool's script feature several comic book characters that did not make the final cut of the film:
- Emrys Killebrew, the scientist responsible for turning Wade Wilson into Deadpool in the comics, was supposed to be the mastermind behind the villains' plans in the film, but elements of his character were ultimately given to his henchman, Ajax, to simplify the story.
- Weasel assumed a role originally written for Patch.
- Wyre, Garrison Kane, and Sluggo were to be Ajax's henchmen, but, due to budgetary constraints, the three were combined into one character - Angel Dust.
- This is the eighth Marvel film to be rated R, following Punisher: War Zone.
- This is the first film set in the X-Men film universe in which neither Professor X nor Wolverine make an appearance. However, they are mentioned.
- The shot of the X-Jet leaving the mansion is the same shot used in X-Men: The Last Stand, just with a different X-Jet edited in.
- The post-credits scene of the film is a parody of the famous post-credits scene of Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
- Characters from Deadpool (film)
- Other things related to Deadpool (film)
- Film Gallery: Deadpool (film)
- Images from the film
Links and References
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Listed on the official website
- ↑ Reynolds, Ryan (05 December 2014). Uh... It's Chimichanga Time.. Twitter. Retrieved on 22 February 2015.
- ↑ Kit, Borys (18 February 2015). Morena Baccarin Nabs Female Lead in 'Deadpool' (Exclusive). THR. Retrieved on 22 February 2015.
- ↑ Baccarin, Morena (19 March 2015). Let's do this. Twitter. Retrieved on 19 March 2015.
- ↑ Liefeld, Rob (19 March 2015). From Morena Baccarin/Vanessa "Let's do this!" #Deadpool 1st appearance Vanessa is New Mutants #98 #robliefeld. Instagram. Retrieved on 20 March 2015.
- ↑ Skrein, Ed (7 April 2015). #deadpool #ajax. Twitter. Retrieved on 7 April 2015.
- ↑ Miller, T.J. (18 March 2015). Yes yes y'all. Weasel in the house. Twitter. Retrieved on 19 March 2015.
- ↑ Kit, Borys (13 February 2015). Gina Carano Joins Ryan Reynolds in Fox's 'Deadpool' (Exclusive). THR. Retrieved on 22 February 2015.
- ↑ Leslie Uggams Cast in DEADPOOL Movie for 20th Century Fox. LeslieUggams.com (10 July 2015). Retrieved on 10 July 2015.
- ↑ Kit, Borys (30 March 2015). 'Deadpool' Casts Newcomer as Negasonic Teenage Warhead (Exclusive). The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved on 30 March 2015.
- ↑ EXCLUSIVE: Karan Soni Talks Deadpool, Improvising with Ryan Reynolds. ComicBook.com (30 October 2015). Retrieved on 27 December 2015.
- ↑ Exclusive Deadpool Trailer Breakdown. Empire. Retrieved on 17 September 2015.
- ↑ McGovern, Joe (23 December 2015). Meet Stefan Kapicic, the Serbian actor inside the 7-and-a-half-foot tall mutant Colossus in Deadpool. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on 23 December 2015.
- ↑ Tricoteux, Andre (28 Mat 2015). That's a wrap for me! Thanks to all the cast and crew.. Twitter. Retrieved on 29 May 2015.
- ↑ Nemiroff, Perri (12 February 2016). How Greg LaSalle Became the Face of Colossus in ‘Deadpool’. Collider. Retrieved on 13 February 2016.
- ↑ SDCC ’15: Stan Lee’s Cameo And More From Deadpool. Bleeding Cool (11 July 2015). Retrieved on 13 July 2015.
- ↑ Why the 'Deadpool' Trailer Was the Best Received at Comic-Con. The Hollywood Reporter (11 July 2015). Retrieved on 17 September 2015.
- ↑ Moore (28 Feb 2012). Ryan Reynolds: ‘Deadpool’ Not Connected to ‘X-Men Origins'; Talks ‘Green Lantern 2′. screenrant.com. Retrieved on 12 Jan 2016.
- ↑ Wickman (11 July 2015). The 'Deadpool' Trailer Just Premiered And We're Dying With Laughter. MTV.com. Retrieved on 13 July 2015.
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Eisenberg, Eric (9 February 2016). Two Classic Deadpool Characters That Were Cut From The Script, And Why. CinemaBlend. Retrieved on 13 February 2016.
- ↑ Eisenberg, Eric (12 February 2016). Deadpool Was Supposed To Have Way More Villains In It. CinemaBlend. Retrieved on 13 February 2016.
- ↑ Wilding, Josh (27 May 2016). Deadpool Sneakily Reused Footage From X-Men: The Last Stand. We Got This Covered. Retrieved on 30 May 2016.