In her normal life Dead Girl was an aspiring actress. However, a fellow actor murdered her while she stayed with him in a hotel. Her mutant powers triggered and she avenged her death. Although the others considered her 'weird', Dead Girl agreed to join the team.
When X-Statix were killed on their final mission, Dead Girl fell apart due to some type of disease that decomposed her.
Now that a deceased villain is attempting to use other dead heroes and villains in a plot, Dead Girl and Doctor Strange are attempting to stop him. The villain is the Pitiful One, intent on gathering other residents of Hell - such as Miss America, Kraven, Mysterio, The Ancient One and Dead Girl's previous teammate The Anarchist - to bring himself to life once more, with only Doctor Strange and Dead Girl, with the aid of her dead friends, to stop them. In order to combat the Pitiful One's plans, Dead Girl and Strange enlist help from dead heroes sent to Heaven, including Ant-Man II, the Phantom Rider and someone known as the Piano-Player; they also call on Mister Sensitive and U-Go Girl, two of Dead Girl's former teammates.
Physically deceased. Her mutation was triggered by death.
- Immortality: She does not require food, water, heat, or oxygen for sustenance.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: She can rebuild her molecular structure from virtually any physical attack, regardless of how much damage or destruction she sustains, even if reduced to a skeleton. She can safely survive toxic conditions deadly to anyone else. She can extend her fingernails and use them to rend and pierce flesh with relative ease.
- Limb Reanimation: She can animate and control parts of her body even after they have been severed.
- Air-Walking: She can use this ability to walk on air.
- Necromancy/Necrokinesis: She has the ability to telepathically communicate with cells, bacteria, and dead/disintegrating tissue of corpses, speak to dead spirits either using their physical remains or on the astral plane, temporarily resurrect the recently deceased as zombies or ghosts, and briefly summon images of deceased people from the minds of others.
- Peter Milligan writes, with Mike Allred on inks and cover art while Nick Dragotta provides the interior penciling. Allred also pencils and inks the interior art for all the former X-Statix members that make appearances in the miniseries. A number of deceased Marvel characters make appearances, including Gwen Stacy, Mockingbird and Moira MacTaggart revealed as the "sisters" Dead Girl spoke of throughout the previous series.
- There has been some question as to whether the series is connected to the rest of Marvel continuity, and several intriguing things occur; among them is Dead Girl's pseudo-romantic involvement with Stephen Strange. She revealed in the fifth issue that her first name is Moonbeam. Eventually, she and him assembled team of heroes stop the Pitiful One.
- 40 Appearances of Dead Girl (Moonbeam) (Earth-616)
- Media Dead Girl (Moonbeam) (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 37 Images featuring Dead Girl (Moonbeam) (Earth-616)
- 2 Quotations by or about Dead Girl (Moonbeam) (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Dead Girl (Moonbeam) (Earth-616)
- Characters killed by Dead Girl
- Marvel Appendix: Dead Girl
- X-Men Character Bios: Dead Girl
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|