- There is a line before me that demarcates where you stop being treated as citizens and start being treated as soldiers. It is a line that only I can see and I swear unto all of you -- once you cross it you have declare war. Against your city, against your government...and against me. And make no mistake: I love to fight wars.
- -- Ares
Appearing in "Utopia (Part 1)"Edit
- Beast (Dr. Henry "Hank" McCoy)
- Dazzler (Alison Blaire)
- Northstar (Jean-Paul Beaubier)
- Pixie (Megan Gwynn)
- Colossus (Piotr Rasputin)
- Cyclops (Scott Summers)
- Emma Frost
- Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner)
- Armor (Hisako Ichiki)
- Anole (Victor Borkowski)
- Graymalkin (Jonas Graymalkin)
- Hellion (Julian Keller)
- Rockslide (Santo Vaccarro)
- Match (Benjamin Hamill) (Joins team)
- Onyxx (Sidney Green) (Joins team)
- Mercury (Cessily Kincaid)
- Loa (Alani Ryan) (Joins team)
- Surge (Noriko Ashida)
- Blindfold (Ruth Aldine) (Joins team)
- Trance (Hope Abbott) (Joins team)
- Elixir (Josh Foley)
- Gentle (Nezhno Abidemi) (Joins team)
- Warpath (James Proudstar)
- X-23 (Laura Kinney)
- Bling (Roxy Washington) (Joins team)
- Cipher (Alisa Tager) (Joins team)
- Stepford Cuckoos
- Ink (Eric Gitter) (Joins team)
- Storm (Ororo Munroe) (Cameo)
- Domino (Neena Thurman)
- New Mutants
- Mayor Sadie Sinclair
- Charles Xavier (Cameo)
- Glob Herman
- Frenzy (Joanna Cargill)
- Rhapsody (Rachel Argosy)
- Lorelei Travis
- Adam-X (Adam Neramani)
- Humanity Now! Coalition
- Toad (Mortimer Toynbee)
- Dark Avengers
- Mystique (Impersonates Charles Xavier)
- T'Challa (Cameo)
- New Avengers (Cameo)
- Iron Fist (Danny Rand) (Cameo)
- Fantastic Four (Cameo)
- Franklin Richards (Cameo)
- Dr. Doom (Victor von Doom) (Cameo)
- Loki (Cameo)
- H.A.M.M.E.R. agents
- unnamed rioters
- unnamed journalists
- San Francisco policemen
Races and Species:
- United States of America
- New York
- United States of America
- Sol-909 orbit
- Cyclops' Visor
- Doctor Doom's Armor
- Iron Patriot Armor Model 1
- Surge's Power Gauntlets
- Proposition X
- Venom Symbiote
- Transdimensional Warp Vessel Quadra
Synopsis for "Utopia (Part 1)"Edit
Simon Trask has taken his message of mutant legislation to the streets and organized a deomstration march from Sacramento to San Francisco with his Humanity Now! Coaltion to make a statement. When the marchers arrive on Market St., they come face to face with a pro-mutant crowd fronted by Beast. Heated words turn to blows when Hellion and Pixie lead a group of mutants to surround the demonstrators. The situation quickly spirals out of control as riot police are called in.
Cyclops meets with Mayor Sinclair and agrees to have the X-Men out at night to diffuse the situation. As night falls, the X-Men do their best, but riots break out all over the city as demonstraters from both sides clash. Norman Osborn sends his Avengers out to deal with the situation since it appears the X-Men are unable to.
The Avengers move in to deal with the various flashpoints around the city, coming into conflict with the X-Men while doing so. As this is going on, Osborn meets with Emma Frost and hands her the new plan for dealing with the mutant population: the creation of another team of mutants lead by Frost. Osborn then calls a press conference where he introduces Professor X who denounces the actions of X-men and calls for Cyclops to stop running from law enforcement and turn himself in. The issue ends with the real Professor X telepathically telling Beast he is being kept prisoner and they are taking away mutants abilities.
- During the beginning of the riots Hellion is wearing a costume inspired by Kid Omega and his Omega Gang.
- This issue marks the first appearance of Young X-Men Cipher, Graymalkin and Ink since the Young X-Men finale. Also, Ink has apparently recovered from his catatonic state.
- Story continues in Uncanny X-Men #513.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Dark Avengers / Uncanny X-Men: Utopia Vol 1 1 on the forums
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|