- All of them ... Idiots... Dolts -- Imbeciles and worse. I am surrounded by Incompetents.
- -- The Owl
Appearing in "And Death Is a Woman Called Widow"Edit
- Dick Cavett
Synopsis for "And Death Is a Woman Called Widow"Edit
As Daredevil sinks to the bottom of New York Harbor, both the Owl and Karen Page believe that Daredevil is dead. However, Daredevil is rescued by Black Widow who happened to come to Daredevil's rescue, however when he revives she keeps her presence hidden for the time being.
The Owl meanwhile is reamed out by Mr. Klein who wanted Daredevil captured not killed, and so begins planning anew without the Owl, which involves sending the Assassin to manipulate him, as Mister Klein knows that Nelson is fated to become governor. The Owl has other plans, while Karen dealing with the grief of Daredevil's apparent death seeks comfort from her agent Phil.
Daredevil returns to Foggy's office to recover, at the same time the Owl plans another robbery. This time the Black Widow is around to intervene, and Daredevil soon joins the fight as well. The two manage to defeat the Owl and turn him over to the police, but after the fight Daredevil blacks out in Black Widow's arms. Knowing the Owl has failed, the Assassin begins to plan anew.
Appearing in "The Merry Marvel Gallery"Edit
Synopsis for "The Merry Marvel Gallery"Edit
One page pin-up of the Black Widow by Bill Everett.
Appearing in "The Sinister Space Trap"Edit
Synopsis for "The Sinister Space Trap"Edit
--For a full synopsis of this comic, please see the original publishing of this comic in Strange Tales #132.--
- Daredevil's Billy Club does not appear this issue. It is lost underwater and will soon be replaced.
- This issue presents a "new" cover image logo for Daredevil. The art is not new, but a recycled John Romita panel from Daredevil #14 page 7, panel 2.
- This issue features a letters page, Let's Level With Daredevil. Letters are published from Ned C. Balbo, Juan Cole, Bruce Long, Jim Vicko, and Jim Rubino.
- As seen on page one, this issue is Story#666Z.
- In The Sinister Space Trap plot by Lee and Powell, script by Ivie.
- This issue does feature one full page advertisements (with cover reproductions) of Fantastic Four Special #9 and Amazing Spider-Man Special #8
- In the Bullpen Bulletins it is announced: Two of 'em - Daredevil and Iron Man will be combining into one bombshell title starting next month, to make way for new ideas and concepts. This does not occur as both titles continue to be published at a new prices (20 Cents).
- Make way for the Black Widow! But, whose side is she on, in the battle against the ominous Owl? Plus - the secret of Mr. Kline, at last!
- Fresh off her recent cancellation of her series in Amazing Adventures, the The Black Widow will become a recurring character and an eventual co-star in this title.
- Daredevil is mistakenly colored on the cover of this issue without his trademark red eye lenses.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|