- ... A wise teacher once convinced me that I should never, never ignore strong feelings
Appearing in "Prophecy"Edit
- Rance Keeno (Only in flashback)
- Mr. Keeno (Rance's Descendant)
- Thunder (Only in flashback)
- Timmy Red Moon
- Timmy's Great Grandfather (Only in flashback)
- Apache Chief (Only in flashback)
- Other Apaches (Only in flashback)
- Deborah Nelson (Mentioned)
- President Arthur / Great Chief Arthur (Mentioned)
- Arizona (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Tombstone (Only in flashback)
- New York City
Synopsis for "Prophecy"Edit
Daredevil has a dream about an event in Arizona in the Old West. In his dream, The Two-Gun Kid discovered a plot where a corrupt rancher, Rance Keeno, was going to swindle some Apache Indians out of their land. Keeno had killed the Apache with the land deed from President Arthur andis trying to find the document. However, the Two-Gun Kid have found a map from the dead warrior and follow the clues froma a map of in an attempt to find the document. The map takes them to a cave. In this area, the Apache and the Two-Gun Kid are attacked by western bandits. When the two escape into a cave, the bandits dynamite the entrance. Two-Gun and the Apache survive, find a secret passage way out, and surprise and disarm the bandits.
However Two-Gun and his Indian friend cannot find the land deed. Later at the trial, the Two-Gun Kid, as his alter ego lawyer self, Matt Hawk, discredits the Keeno's claims that the Apaches attacked him for no reason. However, Two-Gun Kid is never able to follow the clues and produce the map and find the Apache's deed for the disputed area. The map seems to indicate that the map is in the cave, but their careful search shows that the map is not in that area.
Flashing forward to today, Nelson and Murdock are approached by a direct descendent of Rance Keeno who tells him that a group of Apaches are disputing his land rights in Arizona. He is planning on putting a nuclear reactor in the area. The law firm agrees to represent Mr. Keeno. Due to his eery dream, Matt Murdock insists on visiting the area himself.
When Matt Murdock arrives, he meets Timmy Red Moon who tries to inform him that he is being swindled by Keeno. He insists that the land belonged to his ancestors over a 100 years ago. Matt tells him that he is bound to legally represent Keeno. Red Moon leaves disgusted. However, Timmy is jumped by Keeno's thugs outside the building. Matt changes into his Daredevil attire and disarms the villains. Now Matt knows that Red Moon is telling the truth. He vows to help him.
Returning to the cave where the map was believed hidden, Keeno and his men ambush Daredevil and Timmy. They run the two into a cave and dynamite it. In a similar pattern to how the Two-Gun Kid disarmed Keeno's ancestor a century ago, Daredevil escapes through and hidden entrance of the cave, surprises Keeno and his gang, and disarms them. With his hyper senses, he notes subtle etchings on the map, and is able to discover the Apache actually hid the deed under a rock for over a century. Timmy finds the document still intact.
- This issue features a letters page, Devil's Advocate. Letters are published from Mercy Drake, Kenneth Ward, Bill Climer, Shane White, Mark Phillips, Paulo Illardo, and williams Adkins.
- This issue is reprinted in comics and books, see references for info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|