- Let's talk about your costume! Those red longjohns break me up... but I liked your old yellow duds better!
- -- Spider-Man
Appearing in "Enter...Spider-Man"Edit
- Masked Marauder (First appearance)
- New York City, New York State
Synopsis for "Enter...Spider-Man"Edit
As Foggy, Matt and Karen watch news footage of Spider-Man's battle against the Masked Marauder, the discussion turns to where Daredevil has been and each person's opinion of the masked hero. Meanwhile, the Masked Marauder is organizing his next plot, having his men dress up in Daredevil costumes hoping to have them trick Spider-Man into attacking the real Daredevil while they plan their next heist.
The trick works and while Spider-Man is occupied fighting Daredevil, the Masked Marauder, and his men steal the plans for the XB-390 engine. As they make their getaway, Daredevil manages to subdue Spider-Man and make an escape of his own. The next day when Spider-Man, as Peter Parker, reports at the Daily Bugle he learns of the robbery and so goes out as Spider-Man thinking that Daredevil was still involved in the heist.
Web-swinging across the city, Spider-Man's spider-sense detects Daredevil in the vicinity, when he looks in a window he sees Foggy, Karen, and Matt and deduces that only Foggy Nelson could possibly be Daredevil and so he busts and grabs Foggy demanding answers... This story is continued next issue.
- This issue is reprinted in Daredevil Annual #3, Spider-Man's Greatest Team-Ups, and Essential Daredevil #1.
- This issue features a letters page, Let's Level With Daredevil. Letters are published from Brad Martin, Kathryn Geeslin, Dent Bickness, Manoj Raman, John F. Leber, Doug Jackson, George Drzewiecki, Dan Slade, Gary Feilich, Andy Novotny, and Bud Plant.
- John Romita's artwork on Spider-Man this issue and next will lead to him becoming the regular artist of Amazing Spider-Man when Steve Ditko resigns after Amazing Spider-Man #38.
- Another Minor Masterpiece in the Mildly Magnificent Marvel Manner!
- Sagacious Script by: Stan Lee
- Phantasmagoric Pencilling by: Johnny Romita
- Iconographic Inking by: Frankie Ray (née Giacoia)
- Lachrymose Lettering by: Artie Simek
- 'Nuff Said!
- references: Amazing Spider-Man #16
- Frank Giacoia is credited as Frankie Ray.
- This issue also has a one page advertisement with cover reproductions of Fantastic Four #51, Amazing Spider-Man #37, and Marvel Collectors' Item Classics #3.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Daredevil Vol 1 16 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Daredevil series
- Images from Daredevil Vol 1 16
Links and ReferencesEdit
|Like this? Let us know!|