- Your so-called humor is revolting, Daredevil --
Appearing in "Death Stalks the Stairway to the Stars!"Edit
- The Sky-Walker (First appearance)
- New York City
- New Jersey
- Flushing Meadow Park
Synopsis for "Death Stalks the Stairway to the Stars!"Edit
Death-Stalker tries to zap Daredevil with a special gun he has made from stolen mirrors but DD gets an unexpected hand from a strange spaceman who is walking to the stars.
- This issue contains a letters page, Let's Level With Daredevil. Letters are published from Dean Mullaney, Mrs. Rene Anderson, Steve Pauwels and Dave Alen Lofvers.
- A diagram for Matt Murdock's new brownstone is shown. it is remarkably similar to the apartment complex he previously had at Sutton Place. (Both had hidden gymnasiums).
- Heather Glenn plants an idea in Matt Murdock's head. Her "idea" will be to open a free legal clinic in Manhattan. This will take place in Daredevil #130.
KM: In issue #128, there is a character who is walking around on 'light' and watching the battle DD is having with Death-Stalker. From what I remember, he was supposed to return, but he never appeared again in any of your issues. What were the plans for this character?
MW: The sky walker was going to lead into DDs first real SF story. I felt DD needed something more than I was giving him. I was never very happy with my DD--I never found the thing that made him mine the way Frank Miller did a year or two later. So I was trying to find things to do that interested me and therefore, I hoped, the readers. Ultimately, I couldn't find anything that made DD unique to me and asked off the title.
You can read more of this interview with Marv Wolfman at the below website.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- The Man Without Fear.Com www.manwithoutfear.com
|Like this? Let us know!|