The DC Universe is an alternate multiverse within the larger omniverse. Its primordial universe was briefly combined with the Earth-616 reality to form the Amalgam Universe. Citizens native to that reality sometimes refer to their primordial universe as the "New Earth" universe.
It should not be confused with Earth-Crossover or Earth-74425, in which counterparts to both DC and 616 individuals coexist; or with Earth-9047, in which parodic counterparts to both DC and 616 individuals coexist apparently in different pocket dimensions.
Key Historical Events:
- The Brothers enter into a conflict with one another, using their respective universes' Earths' superheroes as proxies.
- The Amalgam Universe fights to preserve itself from destruction.
- The JLA and the Avengers fight to win a cosmic game between Krona and the Grandmaster.
- Justice League of America
The planet Earth of this universe has the following characteristics:
- Equatorial 12,756.270 km
- Polar 12,713.500 km
- Mean 12,745.591 km
- Equatorial: 40,075.004 km
- Meridional: 40,007.849 km
- Mean: 40,041.455 km
- Land: 148,939,063.133 km² (29.2 %)
- Water: 361,126,221.569 km² (70.8 %)
- Volume: 1.0832×1012 km
- Mass: 5.9736×1024 kg
- Density:5,515 kg/m³
- Equatorial surface: 9.7801 m/s²
- Gravity: (0.997 32 g)
- The Infinity Gauntlet does not function in the DC Universe.
- Chaos Magic is much more powerful in the DC Universe.
- The DC Earth is slightly larger than the Earth native to the Marvel Universe.
- The DC Earth has more cities and more urban growth, at least on the east coast of the United States.
- Hero worship is common, with some museums being devoted to heroes.
- In contrast to the mutants that are commonly persecuted by the human populace in the Marvel Universes, many mutants (commonly referred to as meta-humans) in the DC universes are generally accepted by the public.
- On this Earth, Hercules raped Hippolyta.
- After numerous cosmic upheavals, the multiverse this Earth inhabits is currently made up of infinite universes, at least two of which--Earth 7 and Earth 8--are noticeably similar to in the Marvel Multiverse, particularly Earths 1610/2149 and Earth-616 respectively.
- Although Spider-Man and Superman had "met" in previous crossovers, they were part of a separate continuity. The events of Avengers/JLA are thought to be in continuity for Earth-616 and New Earth, as the Krona egg created at the end of the event was shown in a subsequent JLA adventure. Of course, characters from neither company can be shown thinking too clearly about the crossovers, as it would likely be a copyright violation.
- Numerous figures and settings in the Marvel Multiverse have mimicked aspects seen in this otherwise separate multiverse. This includes both Hyperion and the Sentry's conspicuous resemblance to the main hero of this Earth, the solar-powered alien "Superman", as well as teams like the Squadron Supreme paralleling gatherings in this universe such as this Earth's premiere defensive force, the Justice League (a comparison drawn by Hawkeye), and entire universes such as Earth-31916 (with its own variant version of the Squadron) and Earth-4290001 (guarded by the Great Society) that mirror it.
- DC Comics (or at least television series based off them) are apparently published in the Marvel Universe. During the first story arch of Runaways the characters referenced the Smallville TV series and later explicitly compared the entrance to the original Hostel (Bronson Canyon) to that of the Batcave in the Adam West Batman show.
- Characters from DC Universe
- Other things related to DC Universe
- DC Universe's Appearances
- DC Universe's Minor Appearances
- Media DC Universe was Mentioned in
- Images from DC Universe
- Reality Gallery: DC Universe
- Superman vs The Amazing Spider-Man
- Superman and Spider-Man
- Batman vs The Incredible Hulk
- Uncanny X-Men and The New Teen Titans
- Batman and Punisher: Lake of Fire
- Punisher / Batman: Deadly Knights
- Darkseid vs Galactus: The Hunger
- Spider-Man and Batman
- Green Lantern / Silver Surfer: Unholy Alliances
- DC Versus Marvel
- All Access
- Silver Surfer / Superman
- Batman and Captain America
- Daredevil / Batman
- Batman and Spider-Man
- Unlimited Access
- Superman / Fantastic Four
- The Incredible Hulk vs Superman
- Batman / Daredevil: King of New York
- Amalgam Universe
- Amalgam Comics
- DC Universe
- Marvel Versus DC