Appearing in "The Keepers of the Crypt"Edit
- Corinthian soldiers (Only appearance; dies)
- Unnamed dragon (Only appearance; dies)
- Keepers of the Treasure-Crypt of Lanjau (Only appearance; dies)
- Corinthian magistrate (Only appearance; dies)
- Aquilonian Army (Only in flashback)
- Gundermen (Only in flashback)
- Cimmerians (First appearance) (Only in flashback)
- Man-Serpent (Referenced)
- Governor of Numalia (Mentioned)
- Niece of the governor of Numalia (Mentioned)
- Demetrio (Mentioned)
Gods and Invocations:
Races and Species:
- Jade serpent
Synopsis for "The Keepers of the Crypt"Edit
While Conan is being tracked by Corinthian soldiers at the request of Nemedia (because of events in CB-7). All but one of the soldiers is killed by an avalanche, but the remaining soldier, Captain Burgun, a survivor of the Battle of Venarium, is quickly seemingly dispatched by Conan, who heads deeper into Corinthia. He finds an abandoned city guarded by a giant gila monster. Conan scrambles up a ruined building and pitches rocks down on the creature until he weakens it enough to plunge his sword into its soft belly. He begins to poke around the city but is surprised by the reappearance of Burgun. The two decide the treasure of the city, and the possibility of encountering more monsters, is more important than any feud they might have, so they explore the city together. They find a vast treasure room stocked high with gold and jewels. As they start to divide the horde, six mummified guardians step from their resting places and attack. The two men flee, and the midday sun destroys the undead guardians when they leave the room. But this starts a chain reaction that crumbles the entire city. Conan makes it out, but Burgun seems to be trapped inside the city as it falls. Conan makes his way to a village tavern and encounters Jenna, whom he is still mad at for stealing his gold in Shadizar, which she spent to buy the tavern. Conan is less angry with her than he normally would be, since he believes he has a whole bag of jewels to spend but is chagrined when he finds they have turned to dust. A jade serpent he also took has meanwhile turned into a true serpent, which is actually to Conan's advantage, as it kills the magistrate and distracts the Corinthian soldiers, who have finally caught up with him. Conan and Jenna flee the village on horseback.
- Cover art: modifications on woman by Romita.
- Based on an original synopsis by Robert E. Howard.
- synopsis by YardIHS
- This issue is reprinted in Conan Saga #3, Conan Classic #8 and Essential Conan the Barbarian, Volume 1.
A monster that time forgot - amid the ruins of a long-lost city! The undead warrior-kings who defied death itself! Sword-and-sorcery at its greatest!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Conan article at Wikipedia
- Conan comic series article at Wikipedia
- Conan official website
- Conan wiki
|Like this? Let us know!|