- As I claimed this she-mutant's life, X-Men -- so shall I claim yours! And then Sauron shall rule this Savage Land!
Appearing in "Visions of Death!"Edit
- Dr. Anderssen - (Only in flashback)
- Fall People
- Garokk the Petrified Man (Only in flashback)
- Zaladane - (Only in flashback)
- Sheenarians - (Only in flashback), (Behind the scenes)
- Marvel Girl (Only in flashback)
- Beast (Only in flashback)
- Iceman (Only in flashback)
- Tanya Anderssen (Only in flashback)
- Bernard Kloss (Only in flashback)
- Tandy Snow (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Visions of Death!"Edit
--For a full synopsis of this comic, please see the original publishing of this comic in X-Men #115.--
Appearing in "First Love"Edit
Synopsis for "First Love"Edit
While stuck in the sweltering heat of the Savage Land, Colossus' thoughts drift to his lost love, Anya, who was frightened and repulsed when she witnessed his mutant power. So when he finds three young women of the Fall People being attacked by a Tyrannosaur, he's subconsciously unable to transform to help them. Nonetheless, even with his weaker human form he manages to partially blind the dinosaur and drive it into a bog to drown, but not before it kills one of the girls he was trying to save.
After the funeral, Peter is restless during the night. The two girls that survived thanks to him get him up in the middle of the night claiming there is on more ceremony to perform to honor their friend and take him out to a quiet island, giggling. Naïve and innocent Peter doesn't realize until the last moment that they're seducing him. He protests the circumstances but their culture's moral senses differ from his. They argue that what better way to honor a fallen life than by creating a new one, and they don't mind that Peter can't stay with them because the village raises their children together. Before they can go any further, the Tyrannosaur from earlier comes back for revenge. This time, Peter gets over his fear and transforms to finish the beast off. Afterwards, when he finds that the girls weren't repulsed by his mutant powers, he gives in realizes he's discovered love for the first time.
Appearing in "untitled"Edit
Synopsis for "untitled"Edit
Back cover pinup.
- Colossus conceives a son with Nereel at the end of the backup story, who appears for the first time in the 1988 X-Men Annual.
- One of Colossus' heat-induced hallucinations is of his kid sister looking like a teenager, a reference to what would happen to her as of Uncanny X-Men #160, which occurs after this story.
- This issue is reprinted in many other comics and books, see references for more info.
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ First and only known appearance to date besides flashbacks
- ↑ This story is reprinted in the following comics/TPB's:
- Essential X-Men #1 - 23rd story
- Marvel Masterworks: The Uncanny X-Men 2nd Edition HC #3 - 5th story
- Marvel Masterworks: The Uncanny X-Men HC #3 - 5th story
- Uncanny X-Men Omnibus HC #1 - 23rd story
|Like this? Let us know!|