Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
According to Rachel Summers, Professor Charles Francis Xavier from her reality mirrored the modern era Professor Charles Xavier, until Jean Grey was captured by Sentinels and piloted a spacecraft back to Earth. The Phoenix Force bonded with her, instead of placing her in a cocoon and replacing her. Another notable difference was when Jean/Phoenix returned to the home of her parents and, driven by Dark Phoenix's rage, she demonstrated her powers in front of them. However, Jean's father realized that, as a telepath, Jean could feel the subconscious fear that her parents and sister felt in her presence and, realizing that this was causing her pain that she could not block out, he chose not to cast her out, as he did in the modern era. As a result, Phoenix did not commit suicide after the Sh'ar duel of honor (as she had in the modern era).
In the mainstream reality, the X-Men prevented the assassination of anti-mutant Senator Robert Kelly; however, in Professor Xavier’s timeline, Kelly was killed. The assassination caused intense widespread public paranoia against mutants, and, in the next presidential election, an anti-mutant candidate won. The anti-mutant outrage led to a genetic purity act, rendering the X-men fugitives. In retaliation of fear, the anti-mutant president's administration unleashed giant mutant-hunting robot Sentinels to eliminate mutantkind and the Sentinels decided that the best way to do so was to take over the United States. Over the subsequent years, they killed or imprisoned virtually all known superhuman beings within North America. Despite these differences, Professor Xavier still founded the New Mutants, a younger generation of X-Men brought together to carry-on Professor Xavier's dream of a peaceful co-existence between humans and mutants.
One day, while Rachel was still a child, the X-Men's base of operations, at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, was attacked and demolished by federal troops. Professor Xavier attempted to calm the children and speak with the soldiers, but was murdered. One of the only survivors at the school was Rachel, whom the soldiers found by the side of Prof. Xavier's body.
Professor Xavier is an Omega Class Telepath, and possesses vast psionic powers:
Telepathy: Able to read minds and project his own thoughts into the minds of others within a radius of 250 miles (on Earth). With extreme effort he can greatly extend that radius. When synched with Cerebro, he can connect to every mind on a planet.
- Telepathic Illusion: ability to create realistic telepathic illusions and cause people to experience events which are not actually occurring.
- Telepathic Cloak: can mask his presence from being detected by others. His abilities can at times go undetected or be counteracted by other more powerful telepaths depending on their level of skill in using their own psi abilities. He can extend these defenses to others around him as well.
- Psi Link: ability to develop a mental link with any person which remains as a connection to that individual.
- Telepathic Camouflage: ability to mask himself, and other peoples' presence from those around him. Can telepathically disguise himself, making his appearance to those around him quite different (changing the appearance of clothing, as well as more involved disguising).
- Mind Blast: ability to place large amounts of information in another's mind.
- Mind Control: ability to control the minds of others upon mere concentration. This power can allow him to completely shut down several people's minds, making it appear as if time has stopped.
- Mind Possession: ability to possess the mind of another, and use that being's body as his own.
- Mind Alteration: ability to alter the minds of others by force of will.
- Mental Amnesia: ability to cause loss of particular memories and amnesia in another person or even in a group of people.
- Psionic Shield: ability to erect a psychic shield for protection of himself and of other minds.
- Psionic Blasts: can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness and can even kill an adversary.
- Astral Projection: ability to Astral Travel and communicate with others astrally through his own will, or through contact with the thoughts and memories of others. In the astral realm, he can use his powers to create "ectoplasmic" objects. He cannot engage in long range astral projection on the earthly plane.
- Mental Detection: can sense the presence of another superhuman mutant within a small but as yet undefined radius of himself by perceiving the distinctive mental radiations emitted by such a being.
- Mind Transferal: able to transfer both his mind and powers into other host bodies if his own physical body could be somehow killed.
- Absorb Information: ability to quickly process and store information, by mental transference.
Professor X formerly also possessed low-level telekinetic abilities, though these seem to no longer exist.
Telekinesis: Possesses telekinetic abilities enabling him to manipulate matter on a low level with the energy of his thoughts.
Genius-level Intellect: A natural genius, Xavier is a leading authority on genetics, mutation, and psionics. He possesses considerable expertise in other life sciences. He is highly talented in devising equipment for utilizing and enhancing psionic powers. Xavier is also quite the masterful tactician and strategist, effectively evaluating situations and devising swift responses
Military Training: Charles served in the United States Military, secretly employing his abilities to specialize in search and rescue missions.
Expert Fighter: In his travels in the East, he became a proficient hand-to-hand combatant and gained knowledge of pressure points.
Knowledge of the body: As an extension of his studies of pressure points, Xavier's knowledge of the body and its energies/chakras has gained him the unofficial degree of a seasoned Zen master, allotting him the ability to keep in the prime of his physique. In spite of his age, he has maintained an impressive olympic chassis long since before he founded the X-Men and X-Corp, and has kept himself in perfect condition ever since.
Strength of a normal man his age and size who engages in moderate regular exercise, mostly in his upper body.
Paraplegic: Professor X has been normally unable to walk due to spinal damage, originally suffered while combating Lucifer.
- 7 Appearances of Charles Xavier (Earth-811)
- Media Charles Xavier (Earth-811) was Mentioned in
- Images featuring Charles Xavier (Earth-811)
- Quotations by or about Charles Xavier (Earth-811)
- Character Gallery: Charles Xavier (Earth-811)
- Characters killed by Professor X
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|