- I know what you're thinking, Mutant, and I agree--They're animals, aren't they? Which leads to something of a quandary, doesn't it? How can you trust an animal to keep it's word? You can't. Which leads us to the more interesting question, which is: Why would you succumb to the tyrant's request at all? You know by now that we kill your world if ours is to live. Your death is inevitable... So how could we threaten you with the promise of what is already assured? That assurance--That truth--Is undeniable. A strong man would hide behind the walls of that truth--He would make a fortress out of it against which no siege would succeed. He would find... Some victory in that death. Why then, faced with the facts at hand, am I so sure that you will beg? And the walls came crumbling down.
Professor X was the leader of the X-Men, a team of mutant heroes. When their world faced an incursion, the X-Men sought to defend their planet against the invading Cabal of Earth-616, but were unsuccessful, falling before the Cabal's might. Charles was left to be tortured by Corvus Glaive and Terrax. In return for a swift death, Thanos asked the Professor to beg. In order to make him do this, Corvus brought forth the last two remaining X-Men, Cannonball and Wolfsbane, threatening to kill them. Charles begged, and Thanos smiled. Their planet was then destroyed, so that both universes would survive.
- 1 Appearances of Charles Xavier (Earth-71202)
- Minor Appearances of Charles Xavier (Earth-71202)
- Media Charles Xavier (Earth-71202) was Mentioned in
- 3 Images featuring Charles Xavier (Earth-71202)
- Quotations by or about Charles Xavier (Earth-71202)
- Character Gallery: Charles Xavier (Earth-71202)
- Characters killed by Professor X
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|