Charles Stanton ran a newspaper in the small town of Glenville, and was secretly a Communist informant. When a new amusement park was being built on a site close to where a communist submarine was secretly anchored, he disguised himself as the Destroyer and began sabotaging the amusement park - because the highest amusements allowed a view of the submarine. Stanton wrote threatening letters to himself, signing as the Destroyer, so nobody would suspect of Stanton. The Human Torch foiled all of the Destroyer's sabotage attempts, discovered his plot, and finally tracked him down, allowing the military police to arrest him and the submarine crew..
Gun; flame-retardant foam from the moment he understood he was opposing the Human Torch.
- 7 Appearances of Charles Stanton (Earth-616)
- 1 Minor Appearances of Charles Stanton (Earth-616)
- Media Charles Stanton (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 2 Images featuring Charles Stanton (Earth-616)
- 1 Quotations by or about Charles Stanton (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Charles Stanton (Earth-616)
- Destroyer at the Marvel Appendix
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|