Charles J. Wentworth was the editor of the Daily Clarion newspaper, but was truly one of a number of Martians disguised as humans and seated in positions of power on Earth. They comprised the fifth column of Martians and their goal was to ease a slow takeover of Earth by the Martians. However, Robot X caught on to their plan and exposed the Martians, which ultimately led to their defeat. 
Charles and the rest of the Martians had lifelike disguises as humans.
The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #5 entry on the planet Mars suggests that the terms "Mars" and "Martian" may have been used as a euphemism for beings from another world.
- 1 Appearances of Charles J. Wentworth (Earth-616)
- Minor Appearances of Charles J. Wentworth (Earth-616)
- Media Charles J. Wentworth (Earth-616) was Mentioned in
- 1 Images featuring Charles J. Wentworth (Earth-616)
- Quotations by or about Charles J. Wentworth (Earth-616)
- Character Gallery: Charles J. Wentworth (Earth-616)
- Charles J. Wentworth at the Marvel Appendix
Discover and Discuss
- Search this site for:
|Like this? Let us know!|