Quotes by Yuriko Watanabe (Earth-616)Edit
- Jean and I were close. When we lost her, it was people outside the system--Daredevil and Spider-Man--Who brought down the Sin-Eater. They got justice for Jean when no one else could. I never forgot that. The way things have been lately... Phychopaths like Massacre, and the Department escalating in response... I decided I had to do something. Steam the tide of death with a dose of fear. Scare people straight... And it worked.
- "The System"? "The System" run by idiot paper pushers like my chief and corrupt judges like Anson Howell? See for yourself. "The System" is a joke. It always was. I'm just not laughing anymore.
- One of Mr. Negative's Inner Demons. Masquerading as the Crime Master.
- More than a friend, Teddy Rangel mentored me my first year on the force. He had my back. He was my "rabbi." Everything I am today, I owe to that man.
- The Yuri Watanabe you know? She wasn't real. That Yuri was a story I made up, a lie I told myself--The good grandaughter I thought I wanted to be. Do you know what a wraith is, Spider-Man? Its a wisp, a trace, a ghost--The fading memory of someone who's gone. There's a reason I took the mask back so easily after giving it up. I didn't understand that fully until I killed a man last night. Yuri Watanabe would have been horrified by what I did. But you know how I felt? I felt free!
Conversations with Yuriko Watanabe (Earth-616)Edit
- Maybe that's the problem. I've been trying too hard to follow the rules. I became The Wraith because following the rules wasn't enough. I quit after Carlie discovered my secret but promised not to turn me in. I only took the mask again to help her expose Doc Ock's connection to Spider-Man's strange behavior a few months ago. Since then I've struggled to find my way back to being a "good cop." But being a "good cop" got my friend killed and set Tombstone free. Time for plan B.