Quotes by Thor Odinson (Earth-616)
- ''Alfheim. Realm of the Elves. Ice Elves and Spice Elves. Air Elves in their wondrous flying machines. Sea Elves in their coral castles along the Hummingbird Bay. Triple-jointed Pleasure Elves. Elves of the Vale with their herds of wild 'corns. Moon Elves all aglow with Firefly Wine. Together they form the Light Elves. A Kingdom of enchanted forests and natural champagne springs and more gardens than there are stars. A kingdom of Faeries and candy farmers, of Mermaids lagoons and orchards the size of oceans. A place of peace otherworldly wonder. An Elvish Paradise.
- Young maiden of Midgard, thy language leaves something to be desired.
- One sibling this annoying is misfortune! What warlock has cursed me to have two?
- Waves are but water. Wind but air. And though lightning be fire...yet it must answer thunder's call.
- Then... Perhaps this was an alliance made in haste...
- Thou art truly Masters of Evil!
- You collective disbelief...is palpable. Perhaps it is beyond your capabilities to truly comprehend the realms that exist far beyond the fields you know. So be it. Mine own path, then, becomes painfully obvious... ... Never have I placed such trust in warriors that do not share my immortal blood. Perhaps it is not prudent to start now.
- The fates have smiled on you, Loki...they have provided you with yet another opportunity to slay me. You wanted me so desperately. Now you have me. Do your worst.
- Indeed...but let them tremble when the clarion call sounds! The revelation of our very existence will strike like the mightiest thunderclap! Out victories shall be the stuff of legend! Our triumphs shall echo throughout the nine worlds -- 'tis endeavors such as these where the warrior ideals of god and man intersect to produce something greater than the sum of its parts. On this day, we have declared war...and we shall avenge the evils perpetrated by those who would oppose us. We shall...avenge them all.
- We welcome you Captain America, to the ranks of the... Avengers!
- Now you face the Mightiest Avenger of all!
- I fear we are in the bowels of Hel, my friends. I fear we have died. And this is the punishment for all our sins and the sins of our fathers.
- When day breaks, my friends and I will seek out the lady Death to undo whatever we must to make things right. For that, I will need an army. I will need you to gather and join me in battle... All of us. For no one of us could do this alone.
Wait! Before we separate, the Wasp and I have something to say! Each of us has a different power! If we combined forces, we could be almost unbeatable!
Work as a team? Why not? I'm for it!
There is much good we might do!
I'm sick of bein' hunted and hounded! I'd rather be with you than against you! So, whether you like it or not, I'm joining the... the... Hey! What are you callin' yourselves?
That's right! We need a name! It should be something colorful and dramatic, like... the Avengers, or...
"Or" nothing! That's it! The Avengers!!
We'll fight together, or separately, if need be!
I pity the guy who tries to beat us!
We'll never be beaten! For we are... the Avengers!
- Avengers Assemble!
- Overconfidence is thy trademark, it doth seem--and though my trademark be mine enchanted mallet, I much prefer to prove my contention with said finger--or fist!
- Avengers, this day our battle hath dealt the Titan-Lord a sound and satisfying defeat!
- Thus, the fate of all villains!
- You will follow us to the police..in the name of.. The Avengers!
- GET THEE HENCE, CREATURE!
- Avengers Assemble!
- I have sworn that this battle shall be the last 'tween him and us!
- Thou and I hand to hand -- shall settle thy fate once and for all.
- The other Avengers are mortal as thou sayest --- But I am far more!
- Thou didst not reckon with the might of Thor, knave!
- Thou shalt crave far greater strength if the battle thou desireth comes!
- We are gods, 'tis our purpose to set aright the path of lesser beings.
- The Casket of Ancient Winters has been broken, and all who live are imperiled!
- Olympus shall know our wrath! Yea, and you shall learn why we be called AVENGERS!
I tell you we've got to find the Hulk! So long as he's running wild, there's no telling what he'll do!
Iron Man is right! So says Thor!
But how do we find him??
He's one joker you can't find in the classified ads!
- Though the Black Knight was not one of us when he struck, we now would make him so!
- Ultron. We would have words with thee.
- And so I have come. Just do not ask of me to be nice to reporters.
- Whatever play those chooseth Avengers ... Choose swiftly. Our foes have gathered themselves -- And the time for talk is OVER!
- My father never knew mortals such as the Avengers, Balder.
- The city stands. That is your win.
- See what thine rampant power hath created! A NEW STAR doth burn in the Negative Zone! Methinks from this day on, that realm shall not be quite as cold.
- I saw times long past......and the essence of the All-Father's puissance which lives within me tells me... 'tis true. An injustice was done...but so much time passed that it diminished in importance to Odin...and then, eventually......became his secret shame.
- I will spit my defiance at you -- with my last breath!
- One lie -- or ten thousand! It makes no difference -- to the light of truth! To the divine lightning -- that burns away lies!
- The power within Mjolnir doth rage like the winter storms bursting upon the shore in furious assult!
- Stay thy hand! 'Tis the God of Thunder who doth command thee!
- Folkbern Logan... you are finest there is at what you choose to do. But what you do be not very kind.
- How... are you holding Mjolnir?
- It takes not the presence of Don Blake to know ... An Avenger hath died this day!
- For mine is the swiftness of the very lightning itself! And the fury of the elements is as nothing to the fury of Thor this day! Flee, death! Flee and lick thy wounds, you who are not fit to utter my father's name! And know that Thor shall not be far behind!
- Very well then. Let us rescue my -- our friend.
- So...you slipped her a roofie? I do not approve.
- I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding. I am the god of Thunder and Lightning!!!
- Ah! You suppose you hold the hammer of Thor! Ha! 'Twas merely returning to its prince on command, dragging your bulk like an overloaded sled.
- For Asgard! Nay-- FOR MIDGARD!
- What place is this? And who hath dared draw the Thunder God here, from the midst of battle 'gainst the foes of Asgard? Speak mortals -- for such I see ye be! Speak -- or face the wrath of Thor!
- Be it known that these folk be under the protection of the Mighty Avengers.
- Teaching is perhaps not my greatest skill, but I can spin a drunken yarn -- round the bend, back again, and most of mine are true.
- You win, Zarrko! I will go to the 23rd century with you...and do your bidding!
- Let me grasp thee, my beloved Uru mallet! Let me feel thy heft!
- I'm in love -- even as you are! Do you hear??? Thor is in love!!
- Hyde! Cobra! Show Yourselves! The Thunder God Calls!
- But, I leave you with this thought... it is not the one with the greatest power which is important!! It is the one who uses his power wisely... in the cause of justice!
- No matter what the cost, I must again locate the Absorbing Man! For I have pledged my Very life to the defense of Earth! And, so long as the deadly menace exists unchecked, all mankind is in the gravest danger!
- Despite my every effort-- He beat me! Loki, with his sinister stones-- His cunning-- His deceit-- Loki has won!
- My Hammer!! He Sliced It In Two!! If Fate Decrees That I Do Battle With No Weapon--Then So Be It! But, Though Only Death Can Be The Outcome, I Shall Fight While A Single Breath Remains Within Me!
- Somehow, a victory has more meaning when it is won by the force of your own arms, the ingenuity of your own brain! This battle I shall remember for many years to come!
- Your labors would be for naught, mortal! All these long centuries, men have told of Asgard--stories have been written--songs have been sung--and still mankind calls it--legend!
- The legend has come true! By the will of the gods, I am alive! I am invincible! I am—Thor!!!
- I can not stand by and let anyone perish!...Even you!
- I must return to my other life...and to the girl holds my heart...although I'd never dare admit it!
- For the love of Asgard!
- With the evil vanquished, I have no reason to stay -- and even less interest in thy motley crew!
- ... I am the god of Thunder, lord of the savage Lightning, the very skies must tremble when speaks The Mighty Thor!
- The noble Thor doth move where he doth please, youth. Yet, methinks thou dost speak too familiar ... to a god!
- Spider-Man, methinks thy knack for the arts of war doth rival that of my comrade Volstagg.
- You have the temerity to summon us because some ants in an ant-hill are in need of assistance? I know not whether to feel wrath or amusement!
- There is a saying among the super hero community that has even reached the hallowed halls of Asgard... "With great power comes great responsibility." The question is... what happens when the power is too great? What should be thy responsibility then?
- As a founding member of the once-great Avengers, I say to thee, I have fought alongside Janet van Dyne in many a battle. Battles that have saved this world from destruction. It was my honor to call her teammate and friend. The halls of Asgard share your grief today, and they shall sing praise and rejoice that such a warrior ever walked this earth. The gates of Valhalla are richer today.
- Perhaps you're right. Perhaps this is a mistake. But if it's not...if my one life can prevent the untold deaths that will result from their war -- then I have to do it.
- Good, good. Think hard. I shall be out there, fighting and dying.
- You want to die on Mars? I have no problem killing you on Mars...
- Father, there are times I hate you with a passion of ten thousand suns. But I will escort to Hel personally anything that torments you more than I.
- If this is our fate, so be it. But if I am to die, let it be with lightning and thunder... and the power of Thorr.
- Mother! I would speak to thee of visions. Visions granted me by the burning eye of a dead Watcher! Visions of cosmic war at the dawn of time! Of Nine Realms torn with fire and blood and secrets! I know, mother! There is a Tenth Realm!
- ...You have made a war so you may fight. You have made a war so you may murder. Which begs the question...have you become the enemy? The woman who was your ally will die for you. It is almost certain she will be sentenced to death. Is that a righteous sacrifice? Is that what you have fought for? You are a warrior who has lost himself in battle, Punisher. I leave you with your honor, and the knowledge of what you must do. It is time to hang up your weapons...to let your war end.
- Sorry? Not yet... But it will come. The form you have chosen was a close friend to me. You molest his memory by stealing his visage. Seeing his proud face distorted in this a way raises such a fury on my soul--I WILL SMASH HIS FEATURES FROM YOUR SKULL!
- Bad days are coming. We have seen worse. What they did to Bill was a message to all of us -- a threat. This menace is very real. It is very powerful. And it is traveling a very long way to destroy us all. We will raise our defenses. We will fight them to the last. And we will defend those that cannot defend themselves. ... Today we fight, brothers and sisters. Today we stand up and never, ever relent. Brothers and sisters -- prepare yourselves. Today we go to WAR.
- Bill. Stand down, brother. It's okay. I'm here.
- Villain. Yield. I will not order you again.
- I will avenge thee, fair Janet.
- For now and forever anyone who needs to know will know, that Asgard and Earth are allies, attempt to defile one and incur the wrath of the other. And let it be known, Avengers, one and all, if the call is given. I will join your ranks once more.
- Methinks he hath a grim and troubled mien!
- Go back to your people, Bill. Without you and my friends on Midgard, there would be no one left to tell the tales of our deeds. Go with my love and blessing. Go now and honor us with memory.
- One more blow. One more loss. One more failing with which Balder may taunt me.
- Whatever his legend may be... The honored dead should remain just that: honored...and dead. No matter how our hearts might ache.
- There was a time I might have killed you for an insult such as that, old man. I save your world and you dare doubt me?
- League of Realms! Let this be the day they remember us for! Let all nine worlds echo with our fury! Let Malekith know his reckoning has come!
- By the power vested in me by the throne of Asgard, I, Thor, God of Thunder... condemn thee to die.
- The fate of your planet rests not in the hands of gods. It rests in the hands of mortals.
- What was the meaning of their words? Must I die again in order to become worthy? Surely this cannot mean I'm doomed?! But the Fates never lie!
- Thou art mighty, beast...mighty enough to slay a god! But I am the Odinson...defender of Asgard...and master of Mjolnir! I am Thor...god of thunder...and of lightning!
- Nay, father. Some of us have been killing giants today and aren't in the mood to have a tea party.
- Strange! Though thou and I be Godlings born, we can see the Future no more clearly than do the Mortals who crawl the Earth below!
- I come to say farewell...yet somehow, I feel that, whate'er may be the fate of this city thou dost defend... ...we two shall meet again.
- STAY THY HAND, VILLAIN! Turn and face foes more worthy of thy mettle! Those who wield the sacred weapons of Asgard!
- All the power of the storm, from all the world, flows through my veins, and can be summoned by mine hammer at any time, wherever it is. A lightning storm in Japan? Mine. A hurricane off the coast of Barbados? Mine again. A brace of tornadoes in Kansas? Aye...mine. All that might, all that destructive force, mine to command. Channeled and guided through the mystic might of this hammer, guided right at thee!
- 'Tis New York, Sigrid. And in all the world, and in all the heavens, there is naught one-tenth as wondrous as the sites on which thou gaze.
- Your hunger for battle is a disease--and the hammer of Thor shall supply the cure!
- The Son of Odin hath known the bitter taste of defeat in the past...but he hath never endured the ignominy of surrender!
- My very senses reel before the sight which doth confront us! Of all the galaxies, known to man or immortal, this is surely the most incomprehensible!
- If he wouldst fight as valiantly as he doth snore...!
- The joy in his eyes... in his heart! Even the life of a Thunder God can offer no greater satisfaction than this! For I have helped a fellow man!
- By Asgard's golden gates, 'tis she! 'Tis Jane Foster, whom I once did love! But now, my heart rejoices to see that she has found another!
- Though I face most awesome odds... Thor is helpless... never!
- And now...to the death!
- Loki -- in possession of Enchanted Mjolnir? Then the danger is greater than e'er before!
- Though thou be truly pure of heart – in thine innocence, thou art fair misguided! The true guru thou seekest doth lie within thyselves! Heed you now these words: 'Tis not by dropping out – but by plunging in – into the maelstrom of life itself – that thou shalt find thy wisdom! There be causes to espouse!! There be battles to be won! There be glory and grandeur all about thee – if thou wilt but see! Aye, there will be time enow for thee to disavow thy heritage – yea, thou mayest drop out fore'er – once Hela herself hath come for thee! But, so long as life endures – thou must live it to the full! Else, thou be unworthy of the title – Man!
- Evil One, what profiteth a man to keep his throne -- if he shall lose -- a universe?
- None but Thor remain to stop thee... and stop thee I shall... or I be not Son of Odin!
- Time! The one commodity I never had enough of! The one luxury I was always denied! Now, at last, I can pause... to ponder the paradox of my life!
- I have heard enow! If grave disaster hath befallen... then let the God of Thunder strike! The time is come for Thor to fly!!
- Beyond yon spires -- I behold a smoldering blaze! 'Tis there methinks the danger lies! And, where danger threatens -- there must go the God of Thunder!
- Thou Shalt Wreck No More!
- Thou didst act for love -- and verily, there be no higher cause!
- Each in his way, must SERVE the Realm... And OURS is the way of... the WARRIOR!
- Escape? What need hath Thor of such a word! For Mjolnir once again is mine!
- I care not for thy empty threats, for I be the god of Thunder!
- Who speaks of causes that are lost? Who thinks Thor would falter? A man may fight, though hope be dim-- a god will fight when hope be gone!
- Tis my duty sworn to safeguard all who dwell on earth.
- Are we warriors -- or murderers? There be no glory in the death of a defenselss foe.
- My father, what hast thou done to me? Hast thou stolen the privilege of fighting by thy side--? -- Hast thous stolen from me, thy dying words? Thy fatherly hand, thy fatherly smile?''
- ... Are we not Asgard's finest warriors -- the greatest of the living great! shall we buckle like weak-kneed children. Or shall we go on -- on to our Final hour ONTO OUR NOBLE DEATHS!
- Demon, come thee down. I would speak with thee.
- Thy minions did merely annoy me treacherous one. Now nothing doth stand between us --- save the BATTLE and the GLORY!
- I shall seek out the false Odin -- This day justice shall be met and done!
- All men fear death, Jukka... As do all gods for someday we too must journey to Valhalla.
- Let this be thy final lesson monster, -- No man is e'er defeated till his last breath is drawn!
- Steel thyself, Hercules, No dream or memory alone is enought to break a man...
- Jane Foster, nurse. What room is she in? Tell me now woman, or by all that the Gods hold holy, thou wilt pay for delaying me!
- I dare thee, Loki -- I dare the this once, to meet me in Combat Unadorned!
- Only in death will I surrender ,,, And not even then, if Hela be merciful!
- Surrender, Varlet - ere thou dost Anger the Son of Odin!
- From Creation's Dawn to Ragnarok's last Gleaming, Karkas, evil hath e'er mistaken forbearance for weakness... peaceful intent for Cowardice.
- 'Tis with yon Mammoth Space God that Thor must deal... not with thee, who be merely his Creation.
- All-Father Odin would ne'er have bowed in abject Obedience to thy fellow Celestials as thine Image doth Portray! This be Trickery most Foul!
- Do what thou wilt, Eye of Odin!
- Hear me, Eye of Odin! Because I did defeat thee in Combat, thou hast sworn to tell me that which I would know. Keep now thine avowed Word - or by Asgard, I shall make thee wish to Gods unborn that thou hadst!
- Hear me, Celestial! For too long hast thou stood above all life in thy arrogance! 'Tis time thou wert reduced in stature! AND 'TIS THOR WHO SHALL SEE TO THE TASK!
- Now devil -- now thou hast proof that these souls have been falsely claimed...for at least one of them has overcome thy evil and does not belong here! Before you strain my patience to its end, release yon innocents -- or we shall do battle, thou and I, throughout all eternity!
- There clearly be villainy afoot.
- This day Kamo Tharnn, we have recovered a lost friend and made a new friend of an erstwhile foe. It has been indeed a noble and meritorious venture.
- I thank thee. But were I to cut my hair, my helmet would fall off.
- No grandfather! You shall not! Do you think that your fate rests within yourself? That I have come all this way to discover a dotard seeking Valhalla through deception? You have called upon the gods of the icy north and they have answered you! Now, your life...is mine!
- Hear me, you elements! Hear me, storms! Rise up in your wrath! A warrior hath died this day and you shall carry him to his destiny! No longer Eilif the Lost, but Eilif the Dragonslayer! Strike now! And fire this holy mound!
- For mine is the swiftness of the very lightning itself! And the fury of the elements is as nothing to the fury of Thor this day! Flee, death! Flee and lick thy wounds, you who are not fit to utter my father's name! And know that Thor shall not be far behind!
- Look you, Loki, to the sky! For there soars the hammer of Thor and by royal Odin's decree, it must return to my hand. Nothing may bar its way! Not even the head of Loki!
- Ribbit!! Ribbit!!
- Still, there is another perhaps more worthy of the throne than I. One whose bravery is the equal of Thor's, one whose nobility surpasses my own. I speak of none other than Balder the Brave! Balder, whose honor is beyond reproach! Balder, whose sense of justice matches that of Odin himself! Surely, the shining Balder would be a ruler worthy of the Golden Realm.
- Come, bold assassins! You shall find the son of Odin waiting for you in the dark.
- My sire was ruler of the gods, rash Thurse! Odin was my father and the thunder and lightning are by birthright! They speak my name in whispers of the nurseries of thine icy home!
- But I have many names, serpent, even as you. Vingthor the Hurler, Longbeard's Son, have I been called. Hrodr's foeman, too. In Tyr's ancestral home, wisest Hymir knew my name as Veur; unhappy Hrungnir's playmate some have called me. East of Elvigar in Gianthome they whisper Hloriddi's name. My father called me son. My mother called me darling. And beneath the vaults of Heaven, I am Thor Odinson, the Thunderer, Jormungand's Fear!
- You said it yourself, Jormungand! The trouble with godhood is that it robs you of your finer judgment! And that is why we will never be the same. You are a mighty fighter, but in the end, you are only a selfish creature while heroes...heroes have an infinite capacity for stupidity! Thus are legends born!
- We must return to the real world where lies my broken body and your unmoving shell! And only one of us will emerge from this mystic realm alive! To the strongest belongs the victory!
- Hear me, Space God! This Planet is under the Protection of Thor, God of Thunder and Prince of Asgard! I order thee to leave this World - and spare its People!
- Nothing can compare with the limitless Power of the Celestials!
- I shall destroy yon Brain, e'en if I must rip it apart with my bare Hands and Teeth!
- When you first spoke to me about your problems, I had doubts...about you. They were quickly erased...when you lifted Mjolnir...for only a man or god worthy -- pure of heart and noble of mind -- could have done so! ... A sacred bond unites all those who have e'er been privileged to wield Mjolnir! A bond which stretches far into infinity! I salute you, Captain!
- Stand fast, woman! I am warning you! No innocents shall come to harm while mine enchanted hammer can still be raised in their defense!
- Annihilus must fall! And fall he shall -- ! So swears the God of Thunder!
- So be it! Thou hast forced me to unleash the most terrifying Asgardian power of all! A power which once hurled back Galactus, the World-eater, and e'en gave pause to an almighty Celestial! I must call forth the god-force which flows within my veins -- and unite it with the irresistible power of mine enchanted Uru mallet! And the God of Thunder shall become one with the hammer supreme! Let the Juggernaut FALL!
- I, Thor, god of thunder, do swear to serve and to guard you till time's end -- so long as you do not again set foot on Earth, or dispatch your minions there!
- For I am lord of the winds...and the storm! Thunder and lightning are my hunting dogs...the rain is my whip...and when I must, I ride a great and terrible steed...the earthquake! Nothing mortal can stand before it.
- No more chains! You are all free! Together we can vanquish the Trolls and restore Asgard! Who is with me?! Uh, wait...the fight is this way...
- I wouldn't change a thing.
- I say as long as two Asgardian brothers stand together, Asgard stands too.
- Storms weather rock, given long enough...and just as surely, no matter how long it takes, my force of will shall always summon the might of Mjolnir.
- Thou didst summon the Son of Odin -- immortal of great Asgard! Speak thy piece and let all in attendance know what thou dost require of -- Thor, God of Thunder!
- N-nay! This change -- shouldn't happen -- not here in Asgard! Must...protect Olson...
- At last, the battle of all battles doth loom o'er us all! And when the courage of Thor doth confront the mad vision of yon lunatic -- THERE WILL COME A RECKONING!''
- Thou were once an enemy of Malekith, Kurse! Mayhap a fierce thrashing will sever the treacherous elf's sorcerous control of thee!
- 'Tis the saddest of all occasions which draws us together. The greatest of the great -- the most splendid of the splendid - hath been taken from us. Thus do we gather in respect for Odin. His word was law. His judgment sound. His honor unequaled. Without him, we are less than we were. As his son -- we begin these days of mourning and observance.
- With thy countenance, I'll serve thee all with pride and honor -- as monarch!
- Thou mayest look like Skurge. Thou mayest sound like Skurge. Thou mayest e'en wield his weapon. 'Tis clear, though -- thou art not Skurge!
- Living as a mortal -- abiding by the civilized laws of Midgard -- hath tamed me! Here -- and fore'ermore -- does that affliction end!
- Clearly, thou has heard of the Bloodaxe of Skurge the Executioner, Desak! Fitting, sure -- for it will be the death of thee!
- Let the eyes of Midgard turn fore'er upward to a new dawn! Let their vision be fore'er influenced -- graced -- and filled with aspiration -- by the glory and eternal richness of Asgard!
- We came in peace, Spider-Man, yet thine own kind would annihilate millions to do away with us. And thou darest claim thou needst no guidance?
- I cannot help but wonder...if this nameless mortal, in his death, has set into motion events that will affect all that which is yet to come?
- It's proof that Earth must change. Man must change. Those who caused this think I went too far, when in reality -- I did not go far enough.
- a... a... a... Avengers... assemble...
- For us, there is no afterlife. In death, we cease to be.
- Once we were children. Balder, Loki, Vidar and I. Sif would play with us. Loki is my brother and...I once loved even his mischievous nature. It seems now he is doomed to it.
- Only death can save us now...and I will bring it. Ragnarok shall be by my hand!
- Then my father and brethren are doubtless prisoners! Let them know that there shall be war unto death once more! So swears Thor!
- I am THOR! Son of Odin, god of thunder, who commands the lightning and the storm! I am THOR! And I...wish...to live. To live...and breathe...and fight...again.
- Sif. Heimdall. Balder. Fandral. Volstagg. Can your souls hear me? Do my words find you, in the hearts of mortals? If they do, then hear this vow. I shall find you, though I comb the four corners of the earth in my quest. I shall find you.
- You defiled my body. Desecrated my trust. Violated everything that I am. Is this how you define friendship? Is it? IS IT?
- I do not know if I can do this, Blake. I do not know if I can survive doing this. I do not know the consequences, whatever and whoever may be summoned forth...whether I will live or die in the effort. I only know that I must try. If I should fall, find Sif. Tell her I love her. Tell her...tell her...that I fell loving her above all risk, all danger, all consequence. Tell her goodbye.
- Aye, she's a war before her, but not against the likes of you, elf. Unhand my hammer, woman. Or know the wrath of Thor.
- She is worthy. That is all I know.
- The dragon is not merely a beast. There is a good person inside the beast. You of all people should relate.
- Now, Mjolnir, may your strength be greater than the universe itself -- else we have already perished!
- I am Asgardian-born. The blood-son of Odin. The Lord of the Storm and the Raging Thunder. And I'll be damned if I need a hammer in order to raise some Hel. But this day I will claim one nonetheless. No matter how much blood I must wade through. So swears the Unworthy Thor.
- Gods... are vain and vengeful creatures. Always have been. The mortals who've worshipped us for centuries... would all be better off without us. We gods do not deserve their love. No matter how much we fight to fool ourselves. We are all unworthy.
- Thor is the strongest one there is.
- Stupid Spider-Thing. You like old things so much? Take...Mjlo...Mljoni...Mlenn...Odin's hammer. Now Thor's. It very old.
Conversations with Thor Odinson (Earth-616)
Whether Asgardian false or Asgardian true. Call our name and we come for you. Do you need this "Angela" alive?
My father does not wish the traitor dead... But she has no need to walk ever again.
I have faithfully served! I have proved myself worthy, even unto you! I have done what no other could!
Thor, you heed your duty to Asgard but will not be tutored by it. You grow headstrong and boastful. I indulged that you might learn! ... You have sought conflict where there was none!
For Asgard! Tell me, father! Whereof have I lacked?!
Judgment and humility! And by my beard, Thor -- You will learn it! I banish you to Midgard, to reside these many years within a mortal shell, that you will be humbled, that you may persevere. That through his travails you shall learn the true measure of endurance.
Cap's right. If I were planning a sneak attack, I'd have you cold!
So fleeting is fame, eh? Don't tell me you've forgotten -- The Swordsman!
... For Libra would remain the balance between forces, and freeing you was a mistake!
You see, I thought Mantis had been trapped with you -- And I am her father!
It is made of solidified air molecules... Hardened to an unbelievable degree!
My uru hammer barely chips the surface!
Magnetic repulsor rays have no effect!
The edge of my super-hard shield doesn't even dent it!
Tigra (trying to get through a shield made by the Molecule Man)
If you guys think I'm going to break my pretty claws trying to scratch my way in... go fish!
Exactly where were all of you three hours ago?
I was doing my nails, you?
Also working out.
Having my nails done.
What manner of mortal art thou?
Well, my friends call me a real pussycat -- but they may be prejudiced!
Sigurd. He still lives.
The legend of legends... alive!
The first hero. In the flesh!
The blade of Bor!
"For reals". Oh woe.
If you knew something bad was happening. What would you do?
I would prevent it.
But if something bad was happening, and it had to happen, and if it didn't happen, something even worse would happen...what would you do?
...I would make sure it happened.
Even if it cost you everything?
Aye. But Loki, what are you planning?
What needs to be done, brother. If you would do it, I should too -- no matter what it costs me.
Oh... Oh that is very good indeed...
What, brother? What?
Why Loki... We're going to trick them.
Peter Parker's consciousness
Ohhh What I wouldn't give for some ghost-popcorn right now.
Whoever thou art, stand down! Or face the wrath of the Mighty Avengers!
What he said. But me? I'm hopin' you put up a fight. 'Cause I'd just love to carve you a new one!
Very well. Do your worst!
I was needed, father--needed here! I am sworn to protect humanity--and a life was in danger through my inaction! I had to stay until--
Thy duty is to thy father, unruly one! And in this, thou hast failed most grievously! But never more! I strip from thee thy mortal guise--and make thee thy true self once more! Thy true self! Thou wouldst do well to remember that--for I return thee now to Asgard's gleaming halls, and thou shall see Midgard--never again!
It doesn't seem fair, does it, thunder god...not only am I many times more powerful than you...not only are my naked arms more than a match for yours clutching your pitiful mallet...but you can't even look at me without a disabling shudder of fear. I was made that way...bred so that the mere sight of me can cripple armies...rendering them helpless while I rip them into tatters.
No...don't fear you...Asgardians...never fear...
Maybe not. But don't tell me Asgardians never die. Because I'm about to prove it...
Get thee hence, fair Sif! For, though thy heart is gallantry itself... still art thou merely a woman!
I say thee nay, God of Thunder! Though my form be female, I do fight for Asgard... and if need be, so shall I die!
How did this happen? What did I do that was wrong?
Thou didst attack the God of Thunder!
Mangog! I have found thee, at last!
Nay, Son of Odin... 'tis I who have found thee! And now... prepare to die!
You fool! I could have given you -- my heart!
But to what avail -- if thy soul be a serpent's?
My father farewell. We have fought the good fight! The battle hath ended
As thou wert fearless in life...so art thou still--in death. Thou wert a god to the end.
There stands not a god alive who dares deny Pluto his burning will!
The Mighty Thor
Not true, Deathgod. The god of Thunder dares.
Look to the south, noble Asgardian... look to the south... and see your DOOM!
Not all the hordes of Hell -- not thee or any demigod -- can drag me to my doom -- for doom is Thor's to give!
Milord--we feared for thy life! When I saw these Demons overwhelm thee, I thought--!
'Twould take more than these to defeat me, milady! Thou didst fear for naught.
These are odds for a God! -- No paltry group of Trolls, but a full army! Ah, it makes the blood sing, Asgardian! It makes a man feel Alive!
It can also make a man dead, Olympian. Let these demons get close enough and they'll slit thy throat as soon as look at thee!
I'd like to see them try Blondhair -- Ah, I'd like to see them TRY!
"Tis a SIN for Asgardian to raise sword against Asgardians -- A SIN! May thy soul rot forever, Loki! May thy eyes burn -- Thy flesh rot -- that thou should bring me to THIS!
Brother mine, you are a sentimentalist, 'Tis a flaw you may well find fatal!
By Heimdall's eyes! 'Tis Fandral the Dashing, Hogun the Grim, and the voluminous Volstagg! Sooth, their talent for plunging headlong into disaster never ceases to amaze me! How did they manage to entangle themselves in such a sorry situation this time?
They're your friends, darling——you tell me. You're not going to leave them in that mess, are you?
Milady, thou knowest not how sorely I am tempted!
Did you ever hate me, Enchantress?
No. You always did what you felt was right. You angered me, yes, and I was childish in that anger, yes. When young, I probably broke a lot of things I loved in tantrums. I'm flawed. We may be gods, but in all the ways that count, we are very human.
For honor, for glory -- FOR ASGAARRRD!
And the splendor of Olympus which thou didst seek to destroy!
Nuts to that. This -- is for life! Priest It's one thing to feed people and free them from the shackles of poverty. But playing with life...and failing in the process...that frightens us all.
What about you, priest? Do I frighten you? Priest To the very depths of my soul.
Rune Thor! You're under arrest. For the murders of Jane Foster and Donald Blake. And the murder of my partner, Beta Ray Thor.
And also resisting arrest. Please, resist arrest.
- — Thors #4
I saw a new Thor rise, burdened with secrets. While an old one fell, beneath the weight of a whisper. I saw worlds die. All the worlds that ever were. And then I saw them born again. But all was not as it once was. From the ashes of those dead heavens, I saw something fall.
You speak nonsense.
I know of what you seek, son of Odin. I know the dreams that keep you awake at night. You think it lost forever. But as I said, there is another.
By Ymir's frost-covered beard, art thou mad? I create a new secret identity as Sigurd Jarlson-- I entrust one Avenger with my address-- Thou com'st hither to ask my aid-- and then thou wouldst consume fried fowl ere returning to our allies! By my troth, Olympian! Every time I consider thee a full-fledged god, thou remindest me of thy half-human heritage!
It has been a long night, Thor! I need strength to exact revenge!
I need strength to deal with thee!
Pages in category "Thor Odinson (Earth-616)/Quotes"