Quotes by Peter Parker (Earth-616)
- Jonah only goes after me because he loves this city. He genuinely believes Spider-Man is a menace to society. Always has. Look, I'm not saying you have to like everybody you meet. Or that you can't get mad at people when they screw up. Just that it might be worth a minute to try and see things from the other guy's side. Turns out most people--even the grumpy ones who yell--probably don't deserve blunt force trauma on the head.
- We're not just our failures. As much as they hurt, we learn from them. Then we go out there and do our best to make up for them-- Even though we never will. We save people. We save as many as we can to make up for the ones we couldn't. That's all we do.
- One scientific mishap, and hours later I'm sewing a costume. Déjà diddly vu. Okay world, better hang on to your hat... here comes Alpha!
- My fault -- all my fault! If only I had stopped him when I could have! But I didn't -- and now -- Uncle Ben -- is dead...
- Seriously, a clinic that super heroes frequent and you think, "That's the place I want to rip off next"?! Let me ask you, and be honest, are you stupid? Or really, really stupid?
- But it's not the same thing! All these years--I've done my best to make up for that! I've wore this suit--gone out there and put my life on the line again and again! But no matter how hard I try-- --people-- --die!
- You've shown that now you're willing to sacrifice anyone --anything-- to save yourself! And I don't owe you anything anymore!
- Well, wobble my webs and call me shaky! It's Goldilocks -- the hippest hammer in the west!
- You say you don't want the responsibility? Guess what? People like us...we don't get a choice.
- Check the rulebook, buddy! You're not allowed to bring automatic weapons into a super-people fight! Unless you're the Punisher 'cause, you know, who's gonna tell him it's against the rules?
- I said, "You're welcome." Sorry, I have laryngitis.
- Life sucks sometimes... but it's always worth living.
- Seriously, what is it with New York? Would it kill you to invade Denver once? But no. You've always got to destroy Central Park or eat the Statue of Liberty... Bad guys are such tourists.
- You're the creep who's going to pay! I'm going to get you, Goblin! I'm going to destroy you slowly, and when you start begging for me to end it - I'm going to remind you of one thing - You KILLED the woman I love! And for that you're going to DIE!
- You're talking about my lady, creep! Someone I love--I mean loved--! Do you know what that means? Have you any idea what that means?? I loved her, Goblin! And you--! You--took--her--away! Filthy--worm-eating--scum!
- It's too late to go back to work with the Torch...and it's too early to go home. Guess all that's left is some web-slinging. Maybe that will cheer me up. Seems like everytime I finish a fight, I'm all alone again--which makes me think of Gwendy--and brother...that makes me want to die!
- He-he dropped me! I never realized--never thought--! I'm too high to snag a building with my web--there's no way for me to catch myself! Looks like this time--I've had it!
- I just dropped by to congratulate you on a perfect record! So far you've been 100 % wrong about me! I've got to hand it to you -- I'll bet it's not easy to make a fool out of yourself all the time!
- Oh no! No! It can't be happening! It can't be--! Doc Ock is marrying Aunt May!
- Holy Cow! It's really him -- The Green Goblin lives again!
- No! It can't be! Gwen is dead! That can't be her!
- ...and that means Spider-Man is going into action again! I'll fight as I've never fought before!! Nothing will stop me now! For I know at last that a man can't change his destiny... and I was born to be... Spider-Man!!!
- Right now, I'd trade the whole Spider-Man bit for a rocking chair and a subscription to Reader's Digest.
- I need a place to change! A phone booth--? Nah! Even I'm not that corny!
- I might as well face it... being Spider-Man is just plain habit-forming! It's like going out with girls!.. I can't give it up!
- He...He used to be the Herald of Galactus! Galactus for Pete's sake! He could have killed me!
- Now I see why you're so popular, Flash! It's because of your gentle nature and sunny disposition!
- Blast it Mary Jane, this can't wait! All I need is a yes or no: will you marry me?
- I really should re-design my web-shooters so this won't happen again! Either that--or sew a change pocket into my costume so I can carry bus fare! No, with a costume this tight--people might think I had cellulite!
- There's no way out! She'd never have me as I am--and I just can't give up being Spider-Man! So, she'll end up marrying Leeds--and living the quiet, uneventful life she dreams of! There's only one thing I've got to figure out--how do I forget about--the girl I love??
- I've always felt I was partly responsible for the death of Uncle Ben, because he was killed by a criminal whom I didn't catch! And now--Aunt May! The two people I've loved most in the world--who were like my own father and mother to me--! Yet, their love for me--their kindness to me-- has brought them nothing but--tragedy! But it can't happen again! It mustn't! It mustn't! Not to Aunt May!! She's been too good--too kind--! I can't pay her back-- like this!! There must be some way to save her! There must be! And I'll find it! Somewhere, somehow--I'll find it! No matter what the cost--I'll save her!
- Anyone can win a fight--when the odds--are easy! It's when the going's tough--when there seems to be no chance--that's when--it counts!
- I'm through being Spider-Man, Doc! I want you to use your machine to remove my powers! Completely! Forever!
- Iron! Iron's a metal! And his punch felt like metal! It's a long shot -- but it could be -- the Molten Man! I'd bet on it!
- Loki created that monster! And if destruction is what Loki wanted -- destruction is what we're gonna get!
- That guard! Crane's about to roll over his fingers! But I don't have time to save him and Cardiac! What'll I Do?!!
- ... I have to set Venom loose!
- Have no fear! Spidey is here!
- Know why I hate you, Leeds--? Because you have the right to propose to Betty! The shadow of--Spider-Man--isn't standing between you!
- Being true to what I am is the most important thing! I realize it now! And if I ignore it -- everything else in my life, including my relationship with Mary Jane, will be nothing but a hollow sham! M.J. was wrong! This is worth the risk!
- Ahhh, what a delightful aroma! Chanel No. 5 and Oregano!
- I thought hassles about guys with long hair went out with the 60's!
- I can't deal with Parker's life. Parker's world as it is today. But here... I can at least remember his yesterdays. As hard as it was for me, growing up without parents-- there were a lot of wonderful times in this house with Aunt May and Uncle Ben. I was loved here. Protected.
- Boy! No wonder you covered your head the way you did! I don't know who you are, but one thing's for sure--a beauty contest winner you ain't!
- The Super Hero Union only requires me to deliver one last minute rescue per customer!
- Now don't get the feeling that I'm mad at you... It's just that I hate anybody to skip around town in a jazzier costume than mine!
- I can't let a common cold put me out of action! Otherwise, next time around, I'm liable to cry uncle if I develop some dandruff... or a case of chaffed lips! I might even become the only super-hero in town who won't fight because he's got acne!
- When you beat me last time, you were fighting a sick little Spider-Man! Even Doris Day could'a knocked me for a loop that time!
- You oughtta be ashamed of yourselves! not only do you try to hijack one of the classiest places in town, but you didn't even phone ahead for a reservation!
- Why is it that every time I've ever tried to get my life together--it almost always ends up with me being late for school?
- If I'm right...and I think I am..all those hits were just a diversion from their real agenda: to smuggle something very dangerous into the country.
- Empire State University. Where Spider-Man was born. And, now, where he may die. Oh, the irony.
- MJ... May... I'll never leave you again. Never. Never. Never.
- But now I think... maybe there's even more to the powers I got that day, and maybe I can use them to help people more than I ever imagined. Tonight, if I hadn't been open to those powers, I might never have reached that girl in time.
- Don't get your gums in an uproar, Mallet-Head! I was just reading your column to get my laugh for the day! Where do you get the nerve to call your rag a newspaper? Who's been writing your stuff these days--the Brothers Grimm?!! Anyone who pays a dime for that scandal sheet oughtta get eleven cents change!
- It would be simpler, and more legal, if guys like me registered. If we were regulated, like the AMA or any of those other initial-groups. The problem is that after registration always comes regulation.
- If the cost of silence is the soul of the country...If the cost of tacit support is that we lose the very things that make this nation the greatest in human history, then the price is too high.
- Whether a law is right or wrong, moral or immoral, is an idea, a personal philosophy... but it always seems that fights over ideas skip over the barrier into the real world and become battles of real violence.
- I will find them. And when I do--I'm going to kill them.
- Ock broke through it for one reason...to flaunt his strenght before me...out of pure cussedness! But now he'll learn how cussed Spider-Man can be! I'll show him what strength really is! He won't get another chance to return and jeopardize the life of Aunt May! No matter where he is, I'll find him! And this time, nothing will stop me from ridding the world forever of Dr. Octopus!
- Just one thing, Mr. Fisk. You can die.
- End of the road, Fisk. You. Me. RIGHT NOW.
- I've done something far worse than kill you, Fisk. I've beaten you.
- So, what's your story, sweet cheeks? Is there an introductory super-villain promotion going on? Because you're my third newbie this month!
- Still, shooting the mutant with a healing factor probably wasn't the best use of your arrows. You're just going to make him...mad.
- H-Have t-to admit, though...I'm s-starting to wish I'd b-been bitten by a radioactive p-polar bear.
- You'll never make the Yankees with a swing like that! Or even the Mets! Of course I don't think they have a uniform in your size.
- Even though I can't remember... even though I don't really know you... every instinct within me wants to smash out... to strike... to destroy you!
- Hello? Creepy waif girl? Sorry about the "paper doll" crack. That seemed to touch a nerve.
- Thanks for the heads up "mystery girl". In fact, thanks for all of 'em. We made a pretty good team.
- Whoa! I haven't seen this many villains, thugs, and lowlifes in one place since I watched C-Span's coverage of congress yesterday!
- You can't arrest me. I'm the good guy
- Devil Man, Devil Man, Dares whatever a devil can. Is he brave? Listen here. Just call 'im the Man sans Fear. Hey there! There goes the Devil Man!
- Well, I never thought I'd say this...Spider-Man's gonna save me!
- But without a Tommy Gun and a "dirty rat"--you're not my Hammerhead.
- If Johnny Storm doesn't jump out right now and tell me I've been super-punked, someone's getting hit in the gonads.
- Kill him? Wait, you mean this isn't the Love Boat?! Dang, I was really hoping you and Charo could help me rekindle my marriage...I really got to update my references.
- Stand back and, above all, ignore my girlish scream of anguish -- because this is gonna hurt.
- I know who I am. Who are you? Gray Guy? Half-Tone, the Faceless Wonder?
- Too slow, Golden Boy. Me on the other hand? I float like a butterfly, sting like a bee...well, more like float like a spider, sting like a spider. Which is odd, because spiders neither float nor sting.
- Ya hear that, Chameleon? The President-elect here just appointed me...Secretary of Shuttin' You Up!
- I'm not a serial killer! I like...nay love cereal! Fruit Loops is my favorite! Then again, Lucky Charms isn't so bad, either. Believe me, I'm a firm believer that every red-blooded American kid should start his day with a half-pound of sugar, magic marshmallows, and a spastic leprechaun who wants to steal your breakfast.
- I am the Spider. I own the night. I'm your worst nightmare come to life, punk, and you're looking right at--*Kof!* *Hack!* How can he keep that up for an entire movie..?
- I'm not your pal. And these? These aren't my clothes. This's my disguise. It's not who I am. This--this super hero stuff isn't my life! My real life's back on Earth! With my real friends and my real family...
- Must. Wash. Brain...!
- Spoiler! I've read that one! Turns out he likes green eggs and ham!
- Bowl Psi-Isad Oosh (say it fast)
- Man. I should start a blog. "Spiderfail.org"
- Hi, Danielle. I Pida-Man. Spida-Mun. Spider-Man. I don't even know what I just blabbered. Just pick the one that made the most sense.
- I let it all go by pulling her closer and everything else fades away. For a second.. the last second before my brain shuts off and I become all body, I can't help but think what a bad idea this is... And I smile. Bring It On.
- She's a bad guy, folks. You should stop giving her attention and use the internet for what it was invented for...using the Googles to find Norman Os-porn. Everybody knows that.
- Yeah, well I need a Video Music Award, but you don't see me attacking Taylor Swift.
- Sorry folks, Screwball's webcast is off the air. Please go back to watching monkeys on ice-skates or whatever else you do with the internet.
- Not enough to justify what's about to happen to my pedicure. And I paid extra for the little Blackest Night symbols, too. My feets is a rainbow of power...
- I'm talking to the guy who's filming, watching, and getting his jollies from every minute of this. You went too far this time, Mysterio! Now it's personal!
- Didn't they ever tell you not to broadcast your plans? But that's the problem with women... they just can't keep their mouths shut!
- Jonah may be--is--the cheapest, most arrogant, most annoying carbon-based life form in the galaxy...but even he deserves not to be smeared.
- What do I do now? How did I lose this badly? How much worse can my life get?
- This...this won't please the Enigma Force.
- Look, none of us sought the power we have. It just happened to us. We're all here by--accident!
- May...I...I know that I've been annoying you lately. And I'm sorry...I just...I need you Aunt May. Please, stop yelling...I need to know we don't all want to hurt each other...that can't be what's inside everyone.
- By the way, my brother wanted me to give you this.
- I blew it, Strange, I did the one thing I promised myself I would never do. I put my family in the crosshairs and no matter how many times I go over it in my head, I keep coming back to the same thing. I need the world to forget that I'm Spider-Man.
- What?! Oh, this?! It's how I do my best work! In the buff! Say! Isn't this a private lab?!
- And with all my gear here in my secure vault, for once my Peter-Parker-life is 100% Spider-Free
- With my spider-strength, speed, and agility nothing could've stopped me from landing any sports scholarship-- or getting on any professional team I wanted. Nothing except a sense of responsibility. And a tiny bit of pride.
- How are you walking like that?! At these G's?! You been workin' out, Mac?!
- I'm done. Done accepting things the way they are. I swear to you... ...from now on... ...whenever I'm around, wherever I am... No one dies!
- I can do this. It's not impossible. Not for me. I have great power, resources, and resolve. And I will make this work. Not for Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy, Gwen, Marla, or any of the others I failed in the past. This is for you, for all of the living, for everyone out there! I'm going to make you all proud. You'll see. I promise.
- HEY! Way to make a guy feel welcome.
- Oy. With the guilt. Fine! Wanna be in the Fantastic Four, Spidey? Sure. What? Oh. We're the Future Foundation now. Bait n' switch if you ask me. Razzin' frazzin'...
- Home sweet home! Dimensionally if not geographically that is...
- This is my fault. I brought them up against an enemy they're not even close to ready for. And now they're going to die. And it's all my fault... Just like Marla...Just like Uncle Ben. I didn't save him. He died because I was weak. Because I wasn't good enough. I made a promise to him that day that I could never be good enough to keep... But I swore I'd never stop trying. I know I'm not good enough. I never will be. That's no excuse to stop fighting. No matter how much it scares me. No matter how much it hurts. Ben Parker taught me that. And nothing scares me more than letting him down.
- Not gonna happen. I'm not giving up on you. Any of you. There have been plenty of times I wanted to give up on myself. When just about everybody wrote me off. But there was always someone who didn't. Some of those people are still around... and some aren't. They believed in me. And there's no way I'd let them down. I believe in you. And this foot! I know you've been through a lot. Things nobody should have to face. But I'll show you there's always a better way.
- Let's show these guys how we do things downtown!
- No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!
- They can chain her up, but they can't take away her bad luck powers. And if I know Felicia...She's not sitting still waiting for a rescue.
- Why didn't I see it before?! Doc's ice pellet! It's the same tech I created for my cryo cube! And the armor he's using... It's based on my helmet design! His stealth satellites... are using the same principle as my noice reduction system! All my inventions for Horizon, everything I've put out into the world--Doc's modified it! Twisted it! I've given him everything he needs! THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!
- C'mon! The world's counting on you! Everyone you know and love! What about Sable?! Are you going to let her sacrifice be for nothing?! Forget the math, Parker! Forget what's possible! DO THIS! NOW!
- This is a hunt. I'm not here to fight you--- I'm here to end you!
- I always thought fat fellas were supposed to be jolly! They oughta toss you out of the union!
- One scientific mishap, and hours later I'm sewing a costume. Déjà diddly vu. Okay, world, better hang on to your hat... Here comes Alpha!
- Hate it whenever they say 'Plan B'. That's super villain code for 'blow everything up'.
- My mind must be going. I brought super villains into this...almost freed the Lizard. I shouldn't be a part of any of this. I--I'm Spider-Man.
- The more I risk my life... the more deadly chances I take... the less good it seems to do! With all my strength ... with all my powers... why can't I ever make things right?
- No, Peter Parker could never reach Aunt May. But Spider-Man can.
- I beg to differ, matchstick-- --but I'm not exactly sweatin' this one.
- But sometimes fighting fire with fire isn't the answer...
- Have no fear, Spidey's here!
- What we have here is a failure to communicate!
- I sure am popular in this town! If I ran for Mayor... even Mao T'se Tung would beat me!
- Listen to me hot stuff! It's a private fight between the Lizard and me!
- It's time I forgot about little ol' web-swinger for a while... and paid some attention to the private life of Peter Parker... who happens to be my favorite civilian!
- Say! You don't happen to be related to another sunshine boy named J. Jonah Jameson, do you?
- There she is! Man... standing next to those million dollar paintings, she still looks like the only masterpiece in the place!
- If this is a victory... I'd hate to be defeated.
- Which is worse...? Staying behind while other guys are doing the fighting...? Or fighting in a war that nobody wants... against an enemy you don't even hate?
- Know something? you make a lousy prophet!
- People are always warning me! It's nice to know they care!
- Who the --? What the --? How the --? Who is he? His moves... they're somewhat like mine, but... more like he's flying than leaping.
- A grown man who puts on spandex and swings from rooftops in order to fight crime! Maybe I'm as insane as they are. But I guess it could always be worse. I'm lucky to have survived. Lucky to not be insane. Still, I can't help but think... ...how much luckier I'd be if I'd never become Spider-Man!
- --Oh, come on! Today! Everything has to happen today?!
- You know that good old mindless super-hero versus world dominating villain kind of thing. Lots of punches, puns, blasts and web... ...bing?!
- The way he's looking at me. He's got to know. And he's holding it against me... Not buying any of the photos... ...what am I going to do now?
- Fine! Everything that can go wrong does go wrong... ...fine! Children in trouble. drug busts...the Sandman! Fine! Fine! Fine! I'll handle it all! I'll save the day! I'll beat the bad guy! And I will get to my blasted job interview! Because... ...I'm going to have a life!
- My back-pack?! Where --? My costume and web shooters! They're... ...gone!
- Omigosh! It's a girl! Just a kid! What was she--
- You'd think I could come up with some way to get my life in order so that I'm not always just scraping by. Why can't things ever work out for me the way they do for everyone else?
- Remember me... Spider-Man... misunderstood hero. That's Hero... capital of H... also one of the good guys! And I do not kill people! Ever!
- Okay, Arthur, big ugly monster guys and saving the world are my bailiwick. Did I fit bailiwick into a conversation? Cool!
- I've been thinking of changing my name to something a little more millennial. Yeah... That's it... Millennial Man. He fights with the power of a million years.
- Tell you what: we're going to give this poor kitty a break. His life's been screwed with more than enough. We're going to let him live a little... hang out with his cat friends... get a girlfriend... live in peace. ...hopefully some place far, far away. Shoo! Go on... get! Make some friends... ...and let me get back to mine!
- I already met that someone, Jill. And she was taken away from me.
- I... I knew... I knew. I knew you were alive! Who did this? Why?
- Who am I? My name's Peter Parker. I'm the new science teacher.
- Hello, God... This is Peter Parker. Can I ask a favor? I know I've been your personal cat toy for the last few years...but can we not do that to me again for a while? Not real long, I know the odds on that are about zero...but just for a little while. Say...fifty or sixty years? I mean, that's not long in your terms, right? Just kidding, God... Just kidding. But I'll bet you knew that, didn't you?
- Only madmen could contain the thought, execute the act, fly the planes. The sane world will always be vulnerable to madmen, because we cannot go where they go to conceive of such things. We could not see it coming. We could not be here before it happened. We could not stop it. But we are here now. You cannot see us for the dust, but we are here. You cannot hear us for the cries, but we are here.
- If there's any way I can help, just... let me know. No strings. Honest and true. Deal?
- Honestly...not all it's cracked up to be. I mean...I'm glad MJ is having so much fun and all, and the money's great...I think...but I just didn't expect her to be out of town so much. I see her between flights and...well, it's not what I expected from our marriage.
- But I got plans to meet a special lady at the airport tonight, and nobody's getting in my way. Especially-- --not-- you!
- I don't need any promises, MJ. I'll wait for you as long as you need. Or until the stars turn cold and fall from the sky. Whichever comes first.
- Because you have to know-- --that it's not true. And I'm going to take care of it. One way or another. But it's not true, MJ. I swear it. I swear it. I--
- Could I have another one of those, if you've got a spare, because that was good, the whole lips thing, and the face touching, because I could do that all night until I go on patrol and --
- Anybody ever tell you that you fight like a girl? I'm just asking in case there's anything you want to tell the group.
- Everybody in our odd little community would deny it, but we all watch each other when we cross paths, looking for weaknesses, in case that day ever comes. In case they ever have to stop me...or I ever have to stop them. But we never talk about it. Ever.
- Tell somebody you love them, or hit them, and you can't foresee all the possible consequences. You do "A" because it's a good thing. But "A" has consequence "B" which is a bad thing for somebody else. Sometimes I focus so much on what I'm doing right now to fix something, that I forget even bad guys have families.
- What is it? Am I talking too much about the "Other Me", or maybe I didn't ask you how your day went, and I know how I can get caught up on one topic and talk for a long time without stopping in these really long run-on sentences and--
- I'm not sure, Aunt May, but... it's... a weird feeling... I don't know how to describe it... Like the world is a bit off center.
- What do I do now? I've let you down, Uncle Ben. And now Aunt May too. Before, she was afraid I was a drug dealer. Now, if she knew the truth, she'd be even more upset. That's it. I'm through being Spider-Man! I'm done!
- I didn't know where else to go... Clash is my responsibility. I inspired him. Helped make him. Spurred him on. And I couldn't stop him. I can't stop him. And on top of that, I've let everyone down. I've let you down. I don't know what to do. I'm sorry.
- Hope you were watching, Uncle Ben. 'Cause I did that for you. Kept everyone safe. Kept them from being scared. And I made it fun. It doesn't matter that most of 'em wouldn't have lifted a finger for Peter Parker. That's not why you do it. You do it 'cause it's the right thing to do. Because it's what you would've done. You were more than a father to me, Ben Parker. More than a role model... You were my hero. Now it's my turn. Because from now on, I'm going to be yours! You'll see. I'm going to give it my all! We'll have fun! I'll never quit-- --and it's going to be Amazing!
- Vile?! We're vile? You were about to cut open a baby! Know what, Great Hunters? Spider season is over! It's dirtbag season. Get 'em!
- No contest, Otto. A real hero wouldn't have threatened Anya's life. Or risked the fate of the universe to save his own skin. The greatest heroes put others in front of themselves. One day you will understand that. On the day you sacrifice everything. The day you give up that body. The day you finally accept that I am the Superior Spider-Man!
- Choices matter. Fate is fragile. I know because I'm not just a physicist. I'm your typical Friendly Neighborhood Web-Spinner. And I have a very bad feeling Yuri Watanabe just made a very bad choice.
- I trusted you, Yuri. I trusted you!
- The Yuri Watanabe I knew was a passionate cop and reluctant vigilante. This woman--I'm not sure who she is.
- The world turns, people turn, everything turns. And it never turns. What can you say? It's the circle of life. But it isn't really a circle. Not really. It's a Spiral. The thing about spirals? So go up. Some go down. And some just go 'round and 'round.
- That-- that was one of the Watcher's eyes?! But the Watcher's seen... everything. Ahh! Millions of secrets! Things that were kept from me! Filling my head all at once! The spider! After it bit me-- --it bit someone else?! A girl? I--never knew! Who is she? Ezekiel?!
- Today was a bump in the road, but I'm feeling good about all of this. One Super Villain's cured. A zillion more to go. I can do this. I've got my own company! All these resources. Good friends by my side. I can feel it. We're gonna change the worlds! This is going to work!
- You think this is a lot of wreckage? This is nothin'! This one time, Doc Ock dumped his entire underwater headquarters on me! Water was rushing in...but I never gave up! I never gave in! I have to be equal to my strength -- or else I don't deserve it! NNNN! The strain -- NNNNN! -- it's unbearable -- but -- but -- um, yeah... Actually, I can't lift this. Little help over here? Please? Bueller?
- Yep, that's me...just your friendly neighborhood Spider-God.
- Oh my god. Cap's back.
- You're complaining about how you look? You've got a cool hood and cape...I'm wearing lime green! And I've got a star on the middle of my nose!
- Okay, the unexpected I can deal with... as long as I'm expecting it, that is...
- Nothing was going to stop it. And, like that, the Avengers were never going to be the same again. No joke.
- Lucky that is exactly how I would describe myself, he said sarcastically.
- It's been eight days since the fall of Wakanda. Eight days since we came here with our tail between our legs. And every day since. It's only gotten worse. It's gotten so that every time I hear that mystical portal start to open. My heart sinks. I haven't cracked a joke in weeks. There's just nothing funny about the end of the world.
- Surrounded by a pack of vicious velociraptors. It's like this nightmare I had once...only this time I'm not naked.
- Two minutes earlier, Silver Sable put her life on the line, with no weapons and no expectation it was going to work. It was one of the bravest things I'd ever seen. But now, it looked lime Sable was back to her old mercenary self. Until I saw something no one else votadas to see... A smile for the princesas and her new husband. It was a teeny one. Blink and it was gone... But I saw it. And that's when I knew who Silver Sable really was. Incredibly brave. One of the most dangerous fighters I've ever seen...but she only pretended to be all about the money...because sometimes she put it all on the line for love. It's why she did everything. Love of her country. Family. Friends. Love of a rare vintage of champagne. And most of all, a love of adventure--Of life.
- Cause, I mean... okay', I came in a little late, but... We're not this. The Avengers are not this. Our job is not to bring walking tanks to do our talking for us. Or thunder gods, or big hair, or--or whatever else. It's not to wade in with overwhelming force to protect our authority when we're in the wrong. And right now you are in the wrong, Tony--Sam. And you know it. So... So back off, guys. Or you can come through me. Because I am an Avenger. And that... That is what we are. But, uh... Obviously I'm hoping you don't come through me...
- This isn't good. ... Haven't seen him since the massacre. He was part of a crew of super villains that Carnage led through New York City, slaughtering as many civilians as they could. The worst part is the madness spread. Everyday people started rioting...murdering. It was mayhem.
- My name is Peter Parker, and I've been Spider-Man since I was fifteen years old. Any questions?
- Y-You killed him! You finally did it... You killed my brother!
- Let's talk about your costume! Those red longjohns break me up... but I liked your old yellow duds better!
- I think this is my super villain origin.
- Mr. Negative was never born, so he is ever living! He is attached to nothing, thus one with all! Now that you Lao Fan have come to Chinatown -- I will choke the streets with your dead!!
- This has got to be the worst alternate universe ever.
- No, you want people to love you for being the good guy. It's not the same thing.
- I think when I went through that door I kept saying over and over in my mind... I need to go to Tahiti. I need a million dollars. I need a new girlfriend. What do I get? A Jarvis burger and a fruity drink.
- I don't even know how long I've been going. Fifteen, sixteen hours? Carlie is alright, thank God. I found her in her apartment with a knife, scared that every killer she ever helped put away was coming to get her. No one's heard from May, but everything's down now. She could be anywhere... But the one place she probably is, I can't seem to get to. Because no matter how I scared I am for her... ...I can't let people die.
- I can feel it, gnawing at me. The fear. It's so raw, so real... I see them all, everyone I care about, everyone I love. Carlie... dead. Mary Jane, dead because of me. Aunt May, dead. Because I wasn't good enough. I wasn't fast enough, I wasn't strong enough, I wasn't smart enough, and she's dead because of me. My fault. My responsibility. And I failed them. I failed them all. Please, God, somebody make it stop. The fear is so strong it's like I'm on fire. So powerful I can feel it.
- There is no hope. I can barely stand. I can't feel my right arm. There's blood in my eyes, my ears. He's stronger than me. I can't even hurt him. There is no hope... but luckily... I'm too big of an idiot to accept it.
- Wow, you know you're in crazytown when Osborn's the voice of reason.
- Don't worry. I've been in tons of situations like this. Just trust me. You do trust me, right? Guys, it's okay to talk if I ask you a-- aw, crap. Guys? Guys?
- Huh. Maybe I should've dressed up like a bat instead of a spider. Strike fear into my enemies... Nah. Dumb idea.
- Peter Parker, masquerading as your friendly neighborhood gym teacher. But that Arrow woman was right. I can't just abandon the kids. Not until I'm sure that I've thrown enough of a scare into the underworld...
- And maybe you want to think about what you would call weakness-- and others, compassion-- isn't always such a bad thing.
- And now with all that's happened... The police, the army, everybody's after me... What was the point? What was--? Dammit. >sigh<
- Look, Marko... I dunno if I'm going to be that much help to you anyway. I'm not a detective. All I know is this: There have been two Uncle Bens in my life. One showed up out of nowhere some months back, and then vanished.
- You're from the future. His future. It was the only way you could know that the other Spider-Man was from 2211. And since there's been a future Spider-Man... and future Hobgoblin... Why not a future Chameleon?
- Because Flash Thompson is my friend! And if you think you're going to get away with him, you're-- --you're-- --absolutely right, apparently.
- Like hell. I'm getting showered, changed......and then Jonah Jameson and I are going to have a long overdue...chat.
- She took a bullet intended for me, Stephen. If I'd moved just a second faster, if I'd seen -- I can't let her die like this, not when it's my fault. I can't live with that. I can't, I --- God...God...God...For God's sake, Stephen...help me...please help me.
- How did--? This... You... What are you? A ghost?
- What have you done now!? What kind of crazy trick is this? And...what? They don't have carburetors in the future, with all the smoke that thing's giving off?
- Gwen? No. The real Gwen died long ago. This is nothing more than a clone...like me.
- Spider-powers, I love you! Not only am I the most dashing hero on two legs - I'm easily the most versatile. Who else could save a falling girl from certain dea- Gwen? Hey kid - what's wrong? Don't you understand? I saved you - you can't be - NO! Oh, no, no, no - Don't be dead, Gwen - I don't want you to be dead!
- Batroc? Let the leaping begin! ... The thing is, you're so mock-able. I'm sorry, but you wear a mask and use your own name? That's not a secret identity, Bats. That's just an identity. With a mask.
- Logan, I swear to God...I think I'm going to kill them. Magneto. His stupid daughter. I'm gonna kill them with my bare hands. I'm not -- I'm not going to be able to stop myself.
- If I've learned one thing, it's that you could not pay me to swing around in costume with this kind of humidity. Houston apparently share weather with Vietnam.
- Welcome to the hero business, Fly -- and good luck!
- To coin a cliche: Face it tigress-- you just hit the jackpot!
- That's a crazy expensive way for things to end. I mean, even for Brooklyn that's gotta be expensive.
- Just drop me off at the World Trade Center.
- Your word as a career criminal? That supposed to make me special?
- This isn't over, Fisk, not by a long shot.
- Actually, my friend, I should be the one thanking you. For making the choice you made. And not forcing me to make one I didn't want to.
- Two men. One in a gray Armani suit, the other in Italian leather pants and silk poet's shirt.
- Hey, everybody! LOOK! I'm SPIDER-MAN! Your friendly neighbor, Peter Parker, is SPIDER-MAN! Ya know, Parker...if everyone else in the building wasn't out having a good time, you might be getting yourself in real trouble right now!
- I...I can't stay out of this...! It goes against every instinct I've lived by since Uncle Ben's death!
- Pardon me for interrupting, but do you people always run a background check on your new teachers?
- Do you know how many rank amateur super-villains I've beat the stuffing out of today? You guys are stupider than the real Absorbing Man!
- Yeah, listen. I know you must have idiots showing up and doing this all the time, but it really is me, Jarvis. Could you hit the buzzer and let me in? I'm getting soaked out here.
- I'm sorry, Aunt May. Sorry for this stupid hobby that keeps killing people I love. Now you're gonna die just like Uncle Ben and just like Uncle Ben......it's Peter Parker's fault.
- I still can't believe you never told me we were having money problems. I mean what did you think I was going to do? Push you off a building?
- Seriously, I'm not the guy I was back in high school, you morons. First person lays a finger on me leaves the gym on a freakin' stretcher!
- John Jameson. Spider-Man's your son, Jonah. I really am truly sorry.
- That's weird. The master plan was to drop me in the ocean to drown? Not likely. These guys never work like this together. So who's rallying the troops? To be this organized? They need a boss. A general. A Kingpin.
- Once the fighting began, instinct just took over. Carnage flowing through your blood...like venom.
- And then I think I got it. As long as you have that one thing in place... the rest will take care of itself.
- It's getting so a guy can't even put on his costume before someone starts screaming for help--
- Brother, do you have delusions of grandeur!
- In fact, I might even let that Peter Parker kid take the photos!
- Hey Meatballs -- Yer sister plays the tuba!
- I suppose I should do something to help him, but I doubt if anything could survive that fall.
- Head's up Stegron.. Spidey's coming through!
- Are you Heckle or Jeckle?
- Sometimes I wonder: Am I Spider-Man because I want to help people -- or because I want to hurt them? These days I seem to do more hurting than helping.
- ... They don't call me Spider-Man for nothing!
- Von Shtupf, I take it back. You're not sick. You're just crazy.
- Ta-Taa! No applause folks -- Just throw money!
- I'm nothing like the Torch! I'm prettier!
- So, as someone once said, --- Up --- Up --- and AWAY!
- Great! We're caught in the middle of a Super-Villain sandwich...
- Oh mercy me, Mister Bad Man! Is that a thweat?
- ... Even a loner like Spider-Man has heard tales of the Vision!
- Bein' a Super-Hero's no bed of roses...
- Agony, Mrs. Pym? I believe I know all about it.
- Hi-ya Cappy. How's it hangin'?
- Sandman......you're absolutely right. I did treat you like an idiot. I'm sorry.
- --'sheesh! Dig the decor! Looks like I made it in time for Neil Diamond!
- N-nice save, Subby! I give it a ten for dramatic value-- --but I'm subtracting points for your lousy sense of timing!
- I'm sorry... ...but this whole adventure was ridiculous!
- Well -- It was nice knowing all of you.
- I mean "Gun-Toting-Maniac-With-A-Skull-On-His-Chest" crazy. I mean, REALLY. You and the Punisher would really get along. Well, probably not...
- Jeez. Mooney. Rhymes with loony.
- My aunt lives around here, by the way. Do you know what the sound of gunshots does to her property value?
- Be right back. Gotta hit the little Peter room.
- Well, there's the whole thousands of mutant-controlled energy fields inside a mystery man in a place where millions of mutants died? Sounds bad.
- We're the NEW New Avengers.
- Oh, no. No no no. That's -- that's Venom. That's Venom as me. That's -- and it's not even the good one. It's Mac Gargan. ... The Scorpion. ... Guy used to fight with a scorpion tail. You know...he used to throw his butt at you.
- My name is Peter Parker. The world hates a coward.
- Speedball notwithstanding, there's hope for the next generation yet.
- Something else Ben used to say..."With great powers comes great responsibility." I learned the truth of that one the hard way...right here. An accident at the science hall gave me my powers--but in that old warehouse, I truly learned what it means to be Spider-Man. And now it's gone. But Jonah was right, it won't be forgotten. I can never forget. This site will always be a reminder of my responsibilites...my great responsibilites. I'm trying, Uncle Ben...and I'll always keep trying. That's my promise.
- Good. Nothing's damaged... except my pride. Char-broiled by a kid. Maybe I'll prove how tough I am by slaughtering a troop of campfire girls.
- But I can't let my fear stop me. God, please don't let it stop me.
- C'mon! You're not really gonna try to stop me by waving a cape! This isn't a bullfight -- and you can't sidestep a guy with spider-speed!
- "Like I always say, 'With great power comes great indebtedness.'"
- ...this new Spider-Man, whoever it is, seems to have things pretty much under control.
- Thanks for the god lesson. I'll be leaving now! Good luck subjugating the will of all humanity.
- Take a number, pal! You know how many times I've heard that? How many times I've had enemies try to kill me...or someone around me? You have any idea how tired I get of hearing it? Of having to deal with it?
- -- nah! Been there... done that! Being Spider-Man is kinda cool!
- Wonderful! What am I going to do? What more can happen to me? Of course.
- Getting caught in a battle between two god-like beings is not how I planned on spending my day, but... ...I guess it never is!
- Hehh... I guess it's easy to laugh in the face of danger when you don't take anything too seriously.
- So, uh... This friend of mine, he's a mime, an' they just send him to jail... ...it was a wheat field outside of buffalo with a big sign saying, "Pretend you are in prison!"
- Typeface, huh? So, what does the "R" stand for? "Raving"?
- C'mon, Typeface... Uhh... You really want murder and arson on your rap sheet? You don't strike me as the type.
- Oh, sure... I can just picture it now: "Welcome to respectability, spidey. You owe us five squillion dollars in super hero back-taxes."
- Yeah, I do. Funny thing is, I feel like she's still here, you know? I realize it's just because I want her to be. All my friends keep telling me it's time to let go. But I don't want to.
- I couldn't do it, Mendel. I mean, I beat myself up over this like you wouldn't believe. I must've thought about it a thousand different ways... ...but it's just not me.
- Oh, god... ->snff<- I thought... I thought you were gone, Mary Jane. Are you real?
- "Fusion," eh? You look more like a "Larry" to me.
- Uhh...I know you better than you think, pal. You fit the mold perfectly: all your anger's driven by a series of convenient excuses --
- ...that there's a fine line between hero and psycho, I guess.
- I may be quick -- I mean, you're looking at the dude who left Billy Pinder in the dust during a second grade sack race!
- That's what I love about you, birdbrain: you think you're really nifty-- --but you're really just the bottom of the cage!
- Ooh. I love it when you talk fancy. Hey, I got one: "Cease and desist, you certifiable cephalopod!" Maybe you should've called yourself Doc Lobster.
- Wait... "Crappy super-villain": Isn't that an oxymoron?
- You're right: I can't. Not even to a stain on humanity like you.
- Burn Crisqó's old sheets. The celebrity beach house just got a new guest.
- Heh. Well, I guess in the end, life's a beach!
- No, wait... I can see what you're trying to do. But I'm not biting, Norm. You're not worth it.
- I won't have to kill you in return. I won't even have to send you in jail. Just being you -- that's life without parole.
- And all I can think is, there's no way she could've gotten that far ahead. It's not physically possible. Not unless she's a mutant.
- A million question and no one to answer them... very tantric.
- Short answer, Shocker: you're selfish, I'm not. Or at least I try not to be. Now grow up. My organs feel numb and I'm going home. That's what us heroes get to do.
- This is obnoxious. Even for me.
- Do you realize how many crimes I could have stopped while I was jerking around, putting on a show for you guys?! Putting on a show for money!
- Maybe this whole beach is a Sandman factory, churning out idealized versions of yourself. Maybe--
- I'm not perfect, Flash. I've... done things. I've been selfish. People have died because of me. But I accept that, and I own it. And maybe in all this mess I'm able to stay strong... Because I know I'm weak.
- It's funny how life turns out sometimes... Isn't it, target-top?
- Who is this?! Brock? Is that you, Venom? Threatening me again?
- That will never happen. You know I can and will fight you. Destroy you if I have to. With fire... with sound... whatever it takes, but you will never be part of my life again!
- I’m looking at me, older. Much older. And somehow I know that this is the end. This is my last stand.
- Kaine came down here to get away from the insanity of Spider-Man's world. But then he put on a costume and fought crime anyway. He wanted all the power, and none of the responsibility. He found a home here. He had friends here. A city that counted in him. And while he may not have liked it... turns out Kaine is every bit the hero that I am. Wherever he is... I hope my brother has found peace.
- Hey, do you guys realize that the acronym for "Anti-Spider Squad" is A.S.S.? So I can call you big A.S.S.!, and you dumb A.S.S. and if your team does a tie-in with Hershey's, you can each be a candy A.S.S.!
- Yeah, business as usual. I'm just a "misunderstood guy with a good heart."
- Please. If I cost you and the tribe any hope of restoring your normal lives-- --how do I live with that?
- You down to punishing strippers now, Frank?
- And the rest of you -- be careful, okay? The world's not... it's not so fun anymore, you know? I don't want to go to any more of these.
- I learned this a long time ago. Never listen to Mysterio. Not because he tends to go on and on (which is true)... He's got illusions, the gas, but the helmet gives his speech pattern some crazy mind-bending properties.
- That-- that was one of the Watcher's eyes?! But the Watcher's seen... everything. Ahh! Millions of secrets! Things that were kept from me! Filling my head all at once! The spider! After it bit me-- --it bit someone else?! A girl? I--never knew! Who is she? Ezekiel?!
- Avengers Assemble! What? It's a better battle cry than "Geronimo!"
- You did not tell a Skrull you locked in the freezer to "chill out."
- I'm three days away from you finding me running around Times Square in nothing but my web-shooters and my mask whooping it up about power and responsibility.
- I-it's... It's... ...Mary Jane, the baby... they're... ...they're in trouble!!
- Y'know-- --it's okay to call for backup!
- Well, responsibility's something I know a little bit about... ...so let's see if this friendly neighborhood wall-crawler can't get the scoop on this Prowler impostor!
- ...I... ...yeah... ...yeah, I do... He... ...his name was Ben... ...he was my brother... ...and I miss him, David... ...but I go on. We have to go on...
- Just thinking that it's really strange sometimes, the way things work out..!
- Actually-- --it's-- --Spider-Man. But why be so formal..? I'll call you Akasha and you can call me--
- Hoo! Well, I guess we can all agree that she's now offically 'spooked'... which means that I don't have to worry about being so sneaky... ...now we can do things... ...Spidey style!
- It's not my Spider-Sense. It's something else... ...but what?! All I do know is that if I don't thwip up there and check it out now... ...I'm gonna be wonderin' what it was for a loooong time!
- Y'know, Doc-- --there are some things even a master of the mystic arts isn't meant to know..! But thanks for that... ...thanks a lot.
- And the funny thing is, Aunt Anna -- the entire time I was looking for it, it was right under my nose! Merry Christmas, everyone!
- Ah... Let's just say that I don't think you'll have to worry about Spider-Man from now on!
- Whaddaya mean?! MJ, Norman Osborn wants to hire the Hornet... Me!... To throw down with Spider-Man... also me!... Because he despises Peter Parker... ...who, for those of you who came in late, is, once again... me! This is like... the best!
- Man, what a dope I've been...! These last few days all I've worried about is whether Hope learned my secret or not... ...worrying about my problems, getting suspicious, convincing myself that she knew... ...seeing an accusatory look in her eyes whenever we were together...
- ...now all I have to do is hope that Hope doesn't put two-and-two together and suspect that the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man who helped her-- --is also her friendly neighbor from next door, Peter Parker! Nah! Now I'm just gettin' paranoid...!
- If the Technomancers have it, then that's bad news to begin with -- But if Osborn wants it, then that's enough to convince me that he just shouldn't have it!
- We realllllllly have to stop meeting like this, officer Cooper. People will talk--
- Reilly and I are supposedly the same person-- --but he has a quicker temper than me! He's headstrong, reacts without thinking sometimes! Must have been all those years on the road!
- Onslaught. He meant to enslave us. He destroyed our city... murdered our heroes... ...he took away so much... I...
- ...I don't know. It just keeps going off. Like a constant ringing beneath my neocortex, you know?
- ...someone wanna tell me where the naked guy came from?
- Somewhere, there's a one-liner about me "crashing this little party."
- Richards was wrong; you're not a symptom, you're-- --you're insane!! You're-- nothing!!! A cold-blooded nothing that shouldn't even be breathing. Reality check, Stregon. It's not mammals or reptiles that rule the world--It's spiders!!!
- Because everyone's picking sides, everyone's being recruited, but... ...that's not your style, I know. You're your own woman.
- I've made you and MJ targets. Taken away what little semblance of a normal life we had. God, if the Chameleon had hurt you or... ...or worse...
- Thank God. I wasn't sure Mr. Fantastic would help me since I'm not part of his so-called "Initiative"...
- --the damage had already been done, Felicia, and... ...and Jordan knows how close he came. And now... ...now, he has to live with that part of himself, for the rest of his life.
- You...You snuck up on me and my spider-sense didn't go off...Who are you?
- Remember me? From the fashion police? I'm here about all the white you're wearing after Labor Day.
- Listen to Bushnick's editorial! "It's high time that the publisher of the Daily Bugle learns this valuable lesson...That the fourth estate wields great work, and with it, there must also come great responsibility." Couldn't have said it better myself.
- Oh, God. You're finally going to do it, aren't you, Mac? You're finally going to kiss me.
- And that's when I knew who Silver Sable really was. Incredibly brave. One of the most dangerous fighters I've ever seen...but she only pretended to be all about the money...because sometimes she put it all on the line for love.
- Okay, Mr. Clean... We've got some unfinished business, you and me!
- That's what I love about this city. Every time I need to hit someone really, really hard, some jerk steps up and volunteers.
- Spare me. A thug like you is why I became what I am. You? You're nothing like me.
- Sorry, kid. But the good guy can't always save the world. Sometimes he just does what he can... ...eat his broccoli -- ...and hopes everything works out.
- Y'know its funny. I'd almost forgotten... how much I don't miss high school.
- And if you talk to any newspaper reporters, remind them that I've got a hyphen in my name! They always forget the hyphen!
- Pop the dice in the plastic bubble! It pops you in and out of trouble! Um...something, something, something... I can't remember the rest of the lyrics...
- Well, technically, Octopi have arms... ...spiders have legs. And toned, shapely ones at that.
- Jeez, you are the most anal-retentive super-villain of all time.
- Your name was Gwen Stacy. Mine is Peter Parker. This is the story of how we fell in love. Or, more appropriately, how we almost didn't fall in love.
- And I'm sure they're going to ask what kind of idiot talks about one beautiful girl to another beautiful girl...? And, uh, the answer is... this kind of idiot. Me. Peter Parker.
- Just try not to blow up the whole neighborhood, okay? My favorite Indian take-out is around here somewhere. What? You don't like tandoori?
- Yeah, after all those years on my own, I could get used to this Avengers thing. I could definitely get used to this.
- The memory of the man. I'm not hiding from anything. Not this time. I'll take care of her.
- It's hard to face your fears. But sometimes, you must. Then... and only then... ...you can be at peace with them.
- What... what happened? He knew... ...and I knew... ...and he couldn't... ...he just couldn't stand the thought of... ...the thought of... No. I can't tell you, Ben. That's just one question that's going to have to go unanswered.
- I could be famous
- With great power comes great responsibility.
- The wisest man I ever knew told me with great power comes great responsibility. The smartest man I know lives that. Every day. And I'm proud to call him a friend... ...and stretcho.
- You accepted each other for who you are. You were family. Just knowing that was possible...that it might be possible for me...it means a lot. It still does.
- "Over?" I doubt it, Glory. Calypso's on the prowl again -- but I still have no clue what her agenda is. And that scares me... ...to death.
- And I wish I could tell you that time heals. Unfortunately, I can't... ...but you do learn how to live with the pain.
- Lady, you can call me whatever you want. Just don't hit me with that laser blade again, okay?
- And how she liked me -- they all liked me -- even though they knew I was Spider-Man. And about how that felt, knowing I belonged somehow. And how I didn't want to admit that I liked it. A lot.
- Whatsamatta, Elmer? No more bu-wetts? Duck season! Wabbit season! Th-th-that's all, folks! "Oh, 'dem dukes, 'dem dukes!"
- Hey, where's your silly suit,Scorpia? "Silly suit Scorpia." Try saying that five times, fast.
- Save your breath, buddy! I've got things to do!
- Sorry I won't be able to oblige. I've been working on a new dance step. Oops. Now I've gone and put my foot in it.
- Whoa. Have you been lifting weights, tubbo? Hey, fat bottom-- --one good 'feet' deserves another.
- And that's all she wrote!
- But maybe the only real way to honor the dead is by making the most of your life, whether it lasts a few fleeting years... ...or a swiftly-elapsed century. I'll give it a shot, Uncle Ben. For you.
- Family, eh? Well, face it, tiger, you just hit the jackpot!
- Henh heh heh-- Hack-ack Oh! Think I just shot some webs outta my nose!
- Why, if it ain't my pal, the human gasbag!
- So we won't get out alive, huh? Where do you get your dialogue, bird-brain? From DC comics?
- If anything, the Punisher and I are more committed than ever to our opposing philosophies......and a final confrontation is inevitable.
- All I have to do is show you you're not this insane warrior and then I'll wake up. Yeah, I'll wake up and be back in your arms......and maybe you'll still have this fun bikini on!
- Oh, fought some crime, saved the world with a war-maiden in chain mail bikini, had my blood sacrificed to an ego-maniac with a skin condition... you know, the usual.
- Sweet dream, JJJ. You've given me some of the worst years of my life. I'm gonna miss you...
- There you are, you handsome devil! Now put the nice motorcycle down; you could poke your eye out with that thing!
- Love is never silent, Mr. Davis-- and it never dies. It lives in us, in our hearts... ...forever.
- Just remember: as my Uncle Ben once said-- --with great power there must also come great responsibility.
- Paul...you may not have a wife...but I do. And she hates it when I'm late on dinner-and-a-movie-night.
- Out there, if I ever gave up, even for a second, it would all be over. But it's hard. I get tired. I get worn. Do you know what keeps me going? I know that I have to get home to you. I have to walk through that door.
- I guess maybe there's a reason for everything in our lives. Even our mistakes.
- Keep on trudging ahead. And if you should happen to fall at some point along the way, Pete-- Get up. Dust yourself off. Don't look back... And try even harder the next go 'round.
- Geez, let a guy plummet to his almost-death one time and you never hear the end of it.
- And I'm Spider-Man. Weird things happen to me all the time.
- Before I go -- a little helpful hint -- breathe through your nose. 'Cause those webs can taste pretty hideous! Heh-heh.
- This thing is strong. I need some time to figure out what it is and how to handle it!
- The Doc's transformation -- I've never seen his blood-lust so consuming.
- Talk to me, lady. Tell me -- all your plans. Isn't that what you -- bad guys live for?
- Playing super hero isn't a game. It's fate. We choose to do good. Choose to do bad. We had a choice.
- I don't know how to make it make sense to you. I'm not even sure it makes sense to me. In the end, it all comes down to one, simple truth...I'm Spider-Man.
- -- and so I said, "That can't possibly be the going price for all a main such are pressed market" and the guy was all smug to us and stuff which is when my partner (and I use the term loosely) here got involved in the negotiation process......and before you know it, we're looking at one reasonably priced llama......and did you know that llamas could swim? We didn't think they counld, either, or maybe it was this particular llama had such a will to live but--
- Yooooowchhhh!!! Hey. I think you fixed it. My shoulder. It feels bet--
- Hey, that look is trade-marked! Ya gotta pay ten bucks if you're gonna do that!
- If you ever laugh, let me know so I can hide underground.
- To me, my X-Men!
- --so I was thinking...since you have the abilities of giant vampire bat, why not just take the name of Batm--
- Miles Morales. Miles Morales. I wonder if we have a Miles Morales? Oh my God.
- Hi, Smokey Boy!
- My name is Peter Parker. The real Peter Parker, that is. For a while I had been locked in this brain that Ock and I both shared. Call my role in all of this what you will: a participant in his life, an observer to his memories, but watching this particular story unfold has given me new perspective on Ock's actions. And while I don't condone the things he's done, I can at least understand them a bit more. To his credit, it was Otto's scientific findings that helped create the Goblin cure, so in a way he did win his battle with Norman. Because not only did he kill the Green Goblin as we know him, but he did it through science. The irony being that what finally enabled this scientific mastermind to become a Superior person, was when he stopped thinking with his head... and started thinking with his heart. As for me, I'm just happy to be back. A lot has changed in my life, and a lot of consequences need to be faced. But for the time being it feels good to look in the mirror and know that behind those Baby Browns is... The Amazing Spider-Man.
- Doesn't matter. You don't get to kill. I don't know how, but I am still in the fight! I AM Peter Parker, and I swear I'll find a way BACK!!!
- I'm Peter Parker! I'm back! And this is just the beginning! Because I swear to you... I will be-- FREE!
- ... Terry Sorenson, also known as Equinox, the Thermodynamic Man, a guy with all the powers of Iceman and the Human Torch. In the past he's been both a hero and a villain. So it can be a little hard to gauge his temperature.
- Two men. One in a gray Armani suit, the other in Italian leather pants and silk poet's shirt.
- "Whatever problems I have... they're overshadowed by the good things I've got. Mary Jane, Aunt May, a passel of friends... And a bunch of clobbered super-villains at my feet. It could be a lot worse
- Despite the fork in the road five years ago, we are the same guy. Closer that brothers-- closer than two people could be. When I found out that I was the clone and not you-- okay... yeah, I bugged out... but after that-- it was you! It was your strength-- your acceptance of it when you thought you were the clone that carried me through! You were my strength, and. well... you've come to mean a lot to me. I love you, man.
- ...hhh...I never sinned against you, Eddie. It's all about you and the suit, dude-- you two are like an old married couple.
- Your problem is, you're a dinosaur. Say it with me now: "Look everyone! I'm extinct!"
- Hey...by "gets any worse" I mean, like, hitting people an' stuff. Especially old friends who are trying to do you a favor.
- Dude, you need to pick on someone your own size, species and/or gender. Say, what gender are you, anyway?
- Uhh...jeez... I feel like I'm in high school again. Are you flirting with me?
- I don't think it's Eddie Brock at all. I think it's the suit. It's looking for a new host.
- Well, uh... ...I've made a couple of changes.
- Ahem. Like I was saying, I got two pairs. Two nines... ...an' two more nines. That makes four. Read 'em an' weep, fatso.
- Yeah...that's me: I'm the cleaning lady. Always got some kind of solution. But it never really gets out the stain.
- What am I doing? I've never lied to MJ before. Come on. Parker, that's another lie. You've lied plenty. But that was a different time. A different time.
- Is it just me, or do you have a fascination with death? And should I be worried about this?
- Hey, here's a question for you: if frogs' legs taste like chicken, why not just eat chicken and leave the frogs out of it?
- I can't help wondering, what have I done? Did I just solve a problem, or create one? Did I just save Eddie Brock's life? Or did I just send him to hell?
- Blond guy? Hammer?! Oh, maaa-aan!
- Have I been wrong all these years? Is snark a spider-ability?
- This slasherday thing's getting everyone nervous. I want Razorfist put away fast. Maybe then I'll believe you can teach your symbiote some manners.
- Here I am, out to dinner with one of the most glamorous gals in the world, and what's she doing? Talking about other guys. Face it, Parker, it's the story of your--
- You may be gorgeous and smart and sophisticated and sneaky-- --but this "little boy" can still keep you tangled up here long enough-- --for someone to hear the fuss and call the cops-- --and then you're caught just as surely as if I was some big, brawny, respectable hunk!
- I'm not kidding, Bluebird! This isn't a game -- it's deadly serious!
- That's okay, too, Betty. Take your time. After all-- --what's a relationship without a little mystery?
- Yeah, Torch, you're right. Everything you said is true. It's just... it's just going to take me a long time to believe it, that's all...
- You know, I wonder if that was the Scorcher's problem -- he was so ready to see the bad in life, he couldn't believe in anything good. So he acted like somebody's lies about him were true -- and if you do that, it doesn't much matter whether they were lies or not-- --'cause they're sure true now.
- You know -- I think there's another reason they call you the Terrier, Gord! It's because you're nothing more than a dog to them-- --an animal, to be sicced on thier enemies-- --and if you screw up, they'll just cut you loose, because you don't know anything that can harm them!
- Say, Headsy -- have you ever stopped to think that maybe I can dodge forever? That maybe the reason nobody's killed me yet is that it's not as easy as you think-- --and that maybe you're just not good enough?!
- Spider-Man is back-- and I'm here to stay!
- Ah, well -- assuming I do find a way to solve my financial problems, then there's one thing I know about college. If today was any indication-- --it's sure not gonna be dull!
- Hey, Sandy, is that your face or are you wearing a beach?
- That's what I like about you, Torch -- you're so gracious!
- Alligators in the sewers, Lizzie? Isn't that a little...cliché?
- I'd take fifth home. I've been patrolling it pretty hard the last couple of nights.
- Time for the main event, Venom! Time to get body-slammed in the face......by your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
- Poor Eddie Brock......hopefully, now, he can find some peace with himself! And hopefully, the rest of us have seen the last of Venom... ...but somehow I doubt that!
- We had a deal, Eddie... And you broke it... So what are we gonna do now?
- Actually, Eddie... I know three things. I'm faster than you... I'm definitely--smarter than you... And I've always been... Stronger than you.
- An entire century goes by, and you're supposed to be the next level of bad guy? Give unto me a break.
- That hurt. A lot. But whatever doesn't kill me... still hurts. A lot.
- And... And I guess he was right after all... someone is killing the Brooklyn Avengers.
- My life gets pretty crazy sometimes. And... and sometimes I don't remember to thank the people who mean a lot to me. But this week reminded me that friends from the past are important. And also that good things can come...even out of tragedy.
- TWO WEEKS!! In the ground! In the grave! Dead! TWO WEEKS!!
- Why puny men try to hurt spider? Men Stupid! Spider can't be hurt! Spider strong!
- Eesh! And I though I was obnoxious!
- And that's why you and our mutual friend here have the same aura, flattop... you both believe just whatever you want to.
- My ex-girlfriends becoming girlfriends? They're gonna spend all their time talking about me, I just know it. Good ol' Parker luck. You never fail to fail...
- Y'think maybe we could move this relationship into another area? Personally, I think we're ready-- --let's swing, baby!
- Stop! Come back here! Or... Or I'll say "stop" again!
- So, White Tiger -- are you one of Hector's cousins or nieces? Because you have his NON-sense of humor.
- And we shall be called... the Fellowship of the Ring.
- Are you kidding? I just spent two weeks getting shot, buried alive and crawling through sewers. You bet your adamantium tuchus I feel like it.
- Now I've seen it all! Those kookie mutants pick a fight with me because of some robot -- and then ride off into the sunset in a Rolls-Royce...while I stand here, soaked, with the beginnings of a summer cold! Some super-heroes have all the luck!
- Miss Frost, you've got to get to the machine. Make with the smashing!
- Logan. Buddy. If I knew you were coming I'd have baked a cake. But if you want at my little lizard pal, you're gonna have to go through me.
Conversations with Peter Parker (Earth-616)
Will O' the Wisp