Quotes by Norman Osborn (Earth-616)
You're nuts, Goblin! The Enforcers don't take orders from anyone!!
Correction, Ox! I'm not anyone! I'm the Green Goblin!!
- Take a look, Parker--a good, long look--it's the last face Spider-man will ever see--it's the real face of the Green Goblin--the face of Norman Osborn!
- How did someone like me ever have a sniveling weakling of a son like you?!!
- Well, well, well...Parker.
- Cute...and whose little boy are you?
- What? This old thing? You see, I'm expecting company...and I thought I'd dress for the occasion.
- For every life you save... there's a million new ways to die.
- I think this belongs to you. It was found on your person when the police took you into custody. I believe it belonged to my wife...which, if I'm not mistaken, would make you my daughter-in-law. Let me be the first to say...welcome to the family.
- I made Harry... and I can do any damn thing to him I want.
- Parker! You dare come here? You'll never leave alive!
- Did you expect the Green Goblin to let Spider-Man live?
- It wasn't me in the costume, Peter. It wasn't me who terrorized your friends and loved ones. It was all you, m' boy! You all along! Come now. Enter the darkness. Be a man. Be an Osborn.
- This time the Goblin gets -- his just desserts!
- Fired? Heh. I'm afraid you misunderstood. I'm not firing you. Quite the opposite, in fact. Taskmaster...how would you like to run the Initiative?
- Ladies and gentlemen. My Avengers of tomorrow. Welcome to the future of the Initiative. Welcome...to Camp H.A.M.M.E.R!
- A Hulk. Well >cough<, I've got to thank you. What a gift. I wonder what this will feel like.
- If Rogers' body disappeared during the transfer...where, exactly, did he go?
- You broke the rules!
- You wrote lies about me, Urich. We're going to set the record straight.
- The only person who gets to talk to me like that is myself, in the mirror. I'm Norman Osb -- okay.
- I am the Iron Patriot. I will lead these new Avengers into battle against anyone who would threaten our way of life. My name is Norman Osborn and I approve these Avengers!!
- You can make fun of me all you want...but you know this is true... I was right.The world is a mess and the world needed me to fix it. And I would have. I could have. This world is a madhouse of mutants, terrorists, psychotics, aliens, and monsters. All of them clashing and crashing into each other at every second of every day. People put on costumes and just decide, all by themselves, that they are the savior of this world. That it's okay for them to go and do whatever the Hell they want to whoever however they want because they have a costume. Well, I am telling you, the world is going to end, one day soon, it's actually going to explode. The wrong creature is going to slam into the wrong Mutant and boom. That will be it. All of this--All of it will have been for nothing. All I wanted was to stop it. All I wanted to do was fix the problems before they happened. I know the mutants of this world will rise up and kill us. I know that the Hulk will one day decide to destroy everything he sees. I know the Punisher will one day kill the wrong person and set off a chain of events that will lead to nuclear holocaust. I know these heroes will dive head first into something they do not understand and end up doing such insane damage to the world that humans can no longer live on it. Victor von Doom will crush us under his last mad gasp of air. I know this is true. I know it. And I could have stopped it. If not for the fact that you kept standing in my @#$@# way...
- Oh Norman...Norman, Norman...Stop kidding yourself. I'm here. I'm always here.
- I'm authorizing your request to "visit" Elektra.
- Have fun. Oh, and Hawkeye? One last thing... Screw this up for me, and I'll have the Sentry throw you into the heart of the sun.
- I know you, Reaper. I didn't just pick your name out of a phone book, you know? In the end...you'll always do what's in your best interests to do. Everyone else be damned.
- If you want to know where the bodies are buried, Victoria, just ask me. Because I bury them so deep no one ever finds them.
- What can I say? I've saved the best for last. Tonight I'm going to kill the Amazing Spider-Man.
- Clint Barton, you're under arrest. That's one down...
- I'm sending him you. He made my list... and all your Christmases have come at once. I want you to kill Daredevil.
- Wasn't Skaar's big plan to kill his father?
- Osborn's mind? You really have dialed the wrong number. I'm glad it's a mistake though. And not a rescue attempt. I mean, I'd hate to have to be indebted -- to those I'm about to kill!
- That's enough. You don't get to do 'one day.' Tomorrow belongs to me.
- Aren't you supposed to be the god of war? Doesn't that also mean being the god of not questioning chain-of-command?
- Soon every eye in the world will be on the lookout for Tony Stark.
- Look familiar, mister Parker?
- What did Cornell tell me I should say...? Oh, that's right... I need some respek on my name.
- That man's no hero, but he'll make a hell of a warden.
- Then a job well done all around, Ms. Marvel. Job well done.
- You hunt and kill Captain America...and Luke Cage...and Ms. Marvel...and Iron Fist...and Clint Barton...and Mockingbird...and Daredevil...and Spider-Woman...and Doctor Strange...and this Doctor Voodoo and all the others. You are my new storm troopers. My new black guard. You hunt them and you kill them. I don't care how. You bring me their heads. And you're off the hook with me. We're square. All sins forgiven. ... Spider-Man too. But I want him alive.
- Let me know as soon as he is ready. He'll be the crown jewel of...my...Avengers! So... Does anyone know where I can get a decent suit of armor?
- Secret Subway line, Underground Kingdom... so theatrical. And pointless. What was I thinking? The strength and healing powers of the Goblin Serum are gone from my system... but for the first time in ages, so too is the madness. I won. I got exactly what I wanted. Alchemax has been secured for my heir and my legacy. And next time? I'll return with a new plan... and a new face. All these years, Spider-Man and his kind have dealt with a giggling lunatic. A madman. You've never faced the real Norman Osborn, a man with all his wits about him. Poor fools. Next time you'll never see me coming.
- But now, I've made you look at your reflection, and you don't like what you see in the shadows. One of these days, one of us is going to inevitably kill the other. It's coming, Parker... Sooner than you think. And when it does, you're going to have to choose.
- Wrong, Spider-Man. You're my family, whether you like it or not. And in the good old Osborn tradition... ...I'm inviting you to a reunion.
- It's a new day. So listen carefully... This is how it's going to be. As you all know, I, Norman Osborn, have been given the keys to the kingdom. Tony Stark is out. S.H.I.E.L.D. is no longer. I am heading a new world peacekeeping task force that includes the Initiative and the Avengers franchises. And as far as I am concerned, that is good news for all of you. ... You'll tell me what it is you need, and I'll do that thing. And in return? ... In return, loyalty. Camaraderie. Brothers in arms. ... However, if any of you would sink to your basest instincts...you must know that whatever you have gained from this relationship...can easily be taken away. Like that. By force.
- So we need an incident. An Asgardian incident.
- He's dead. You're dead. You're all dead. He's going to kill you all. I was the only one who could stop him...I was the only one who knew what he really was. How -- how powerful he was. I was saving you all from him. You don't know what you've... Oh, no... I was saving you.
- What did I do? Oh, nothing much... I kidnapped his girlfriend. And killed her. Right in front of him. It was a blast!
- Oh. Sir, you wound me. We are not a gang. We are so much more. We're a family. An empire! A pantheon! And I? I am your daddy, your God... I Am the Goblin King!
- Gather round, my subjects. We have wonderful news. As Wilson Fisk's former minions join our ranks, and we gobble up his infrastructure... ...we've passed the tipping point. 52% of all organized crime in this town is under our control. And for that, we owe a very special thanks to the Spider-Man. For cutting off the heads and leaving us the bodies. As of right now, your Goblin King is now the Goblin Kingpin of Crime! Hee Hee! Without even lifting a finger... ...I'VE ALREADY WON! NEW YORK IS MINE!
- Good answer, boy. Now rise. Rise out of Kingsley's shadow. And bask in ours. The Hobgoblin is dead. Rise, my Goblin Knight!
- No. He won't. Spread the word. There's someone who can keep you all safe from the Spider. Someone who knows his every trick. And how to crush him once and for all. And that would be me.
- Ego. You got me with ego.
- Tell me, in your profession, is there a story if no one lives to tell it?
- I want you all to listen very carefully. I'm not going to kill you. I'm not even going to arrest you. Because you work for me now. Not the Thunderbolts. ME. But know this. If you ever - EVER - interfere with me again...I will murder your families, your friends, your loved ones. I'll kill them in ways that will make even sociopaths like you WEEP. And then I will torture you to death. Slowly. And I will enjoy every last moment of it.
- Oh, yes. The Steel Spider. Man. Steel Spider, man. No. Steel Spider. The Steel Spider. The Steel Spider Man. Steel. Spider. Man. Spider. Man. Heh. Spider. Man. Spider-Man. Heh. Spider-Man. Spider-Man. Oh God. Heh. Spider-Man. Heh. Ha. Ha ha ha ha.
- You are going to study Spider-Man and devise a battle plan that does NOT embarrass me again. Is that clear? Steel Spider. You are going to study Steel Spider.
- There's a space monster and a mad swordsman loose in the base--shall we trust the huge security complement and the team of superhumans to deal with it? Oh, no. Let's make a complete dog's breakfast of the whole operation. So Norman has to clean things up. I'm a fricking martyr to my own innate heroism, is what I am. Norman Osborn, America's last hero. That's what I am.
- My name's Norman Osborn. This is my office you trashed and my people you smacked around. Would you like to have a drink and talk about it?
- My friends! These creatures think Earth belongs to them! That they can come here - to our home - and make us kneel! But this is our world! This is our country! While a single breath remains in our bodies, we will fight and die to keep it! Stand with me! Show them! Let us shout it with one voice! This...is my country.
- Bullseye! They say that in your hands a mundane object becomes a weapon. Let's find out what a weapon becomes. The Zeus' armory. Take anything you want.
- We're calling it H.A.M.M.E.R.. I think it gets the message across ... That this time, we're taking no prisoners.
- Now...just between me and you, here's my little secret. Here's what it all means... The bad guys always win. Me killing you is just perfect symbolism for the times.
- We never know what chain of events we've set in motion as we perform our daily tasks. Wings of a butterfly and all of that. We suit up, show up, screw up. The results of those screwups don't surface for months...maybe years. Breathe in some asbestos on a job site. Twenty years later -- lung cancer. Send a man to jail. A few years later he becomes ruler of the Earth...he uses your best friend to kill you.
- Daken Akihiro is a strategic loaner from my Avengers. His Q numbers are astronomical and I want him to be the gateway brand between the two teams. Turns out people love Wolverine. Can't get enough of him. Who knew?
- I'll become the equal of Spider-Man-- --no, the superior! All I need-- --all I need is the right face to present to the world-- --the right identity--
- I considered a major celebrity death. Maybe just a few shark attacks. But in the end, I dedided that the most enjoyable distration of all...would be the war crimes trial of the terrorist and traitor James Rhodes!
- Rhodes, this is ridiculous! You can't seriously want to let that thing look inside my head!
Conversations with Norman Osborn (Earth-616)
After today, you'll never again interfere in any of my plans!
Why? Did you decide to go straight?
No way! You know how much I could get for a real Iron Man breast plate on eBay? Let's just use the time to come up with more jokes about Osborn's hair, okay?
Deadpool's inner voice
It looks like it was grown in a Petri dish.
Haw! Nice one! His hairline isn't receding-- it's running away from his face!
Who the hell is he talking to..?
That boy's got a doo-doo head!
Jessica Jones...how have you been?
Better than you.
How is motherhood treating you?
Yeah, that's what I want to do: Talk to you about my kid.
You know I'm going to kill that baby.
The police? You brought the police down to our secret lair?
Oh, she's more than that. See, I've been keeping tabs on her. And my little Carlie-Bear's been branching out. She's working on a book. Non-fiction.
Oh ho ho! This is rich!
Trust me, it's a real page-turner!
Shh! Stop. Don't tell me another word. After all, you wouldn't want to spoil the ending. Hahaha
Spider-Man (Otto Octavius/"Peter Parker")
If you think reactivating them will intimidate me--
Spider-Man (Miguel O'Hara)
N-no! I'm not doing this! How is Jameson--
Jameson? You poor saps. Surely you've figured out by now that Norman Osborn runs this city... and everything in it. Hahahahaha!
Aaand here he is at last! The hero of our little drama. Just in time for the thrilling climax! But wait-- a twist! The "hero" isn't one at all. In fact, he never was. Really, Otto, you're just embarrassing yourself with this charade. Granted, you were never on my level, but being a bad guy suited you. Saving that little lady is your last remaining achievement as Spider-Man. When it all goes boom, you'll have nothing left! Hahahaha!
Except the dignity of knowing I never carried a man-purse.
The one and only.
Swordsman has killed the security detail and is on the move.
We should go in there.
No, hold on...he's headed right towards Venom.
They'll kill each other.
If we're lucky. Worst case scenario, we take the wounded survivor. I say we let them run right into each other and see what happens. I wonder if we can get a security camera on the fight. And perhaps some popcorn.
- You left me no choice, really. You took that triumph from me, so now I’m going to take everything from you. I have to destroy you now, completely and utterly. Wipe you off the face of the Earth and the pages of history. Look closely, Otto, at all the pretty pictures I’m putting on your goggles. Why, see here, if it isn't Chez Octavius? The house where you grew up. Oh, that's the lab where you had your octopus-related accident. And here's the Boneyard... where the police have all of Octavius' greatest inventions under lock and key. Look! The bottling plant that you as Spider-Man... saved all those people from being blown up and guess what? They're all pulling a night shift. And what's this? The H.E.A.R.T. Clinic, where you dedicated so much time to helping the sick. An impressive body of work, Otto. A legacy any man would be proud off. Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom. Aaaaaand boom.
Pages in category "Norman Osborn (Earth-616)/Quotes"