Quotes by Matthew Murdock (Earth-199999)
- I'm not seeking penance for what I've done, Father. I'm asking forgiveness... For what I'm about to do.
- When I was a kid, before the accident... I'd lay awake at nights listening to the sirens. I liked to put stories to them. Trying to figure out what they were for, ambulance or cops, robbery or fire. I don't know, just a stupid game. But after I lost my sight, after my abilities developed, I realized how many sirens there actually were... How much this city suffered every single night.
- Lot of decisions I'd give anything to go back and change. But I can't. None of us can. It's like I told Foggy; all we can do is... move forward. Together.
- I know you are afraid. But don't give in to fear. If you do, then men like this win.
- Claire, what do you expect from me, alright? I'm flailing here. A dead guy, a guy I witnessed burn to death, is somehow back in Hell's Kitchen. Alright? On top of that, Frank Castle kills the DA, and Wilson Fisk runs the prison that I sent him to.
- Frank Castle wanted to help. But he took it too far. He shot people. He killed people. It's against the law. And he broke the law many, many times. Now, I don't like him any more than you do, but here's the thing... he's not a common criminal. He's not malicious in intent. Frank Castle is actually a good man. He just doesn't know the difference between right and wrong anymore. And he doesn't need punishment for that. He needs help. Our help. That's the kind of man Frank Castle is, and now you have to decide what kind of jury you want to be.
- Lot of decisions I'd give anything to go back and change. But I can't. None of us can. It's like I told Foggy; all we can do is... Move forward. Together.